Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

trainplane3

He was robotic at the press event this morning. Barely moving his upper body, mainly moving his head and hands. It was surreal watching him on the stream, honestly. And the "follow my lead" clapping was sad. The Hondo part at the beginning was better than the parts with Chapek et al.
I know some on here hate or love him but Elon Musk is pretty bad with PR events. But the big thing is, he attempts emotion as he stutters through the script. And in fact, I feel the stutter makes me more excited for something because it seems like he can't control his excitement with his projects (regardless of how good or bad they are). He's a human and shows it. Chapek was a boring robot. I'd rather watch Elon try to hype me for a tunnel for 45 minutes again then watch 10 minutes of Bob.

I was shocked to see a walk around Hondo. He was by far the best part. They just need to use him in the land. I'm not a character person at all but, please Disney. Have him walk around, greet people, tell them he needs recruits for the Falcon ride. Get kids excited that a character invited them to go on an adventure with them. Or if after the ride, ask them how they did. If they remember the score and it's good, have him give them a token or some kind of "prize". Add something to the land.

You know what this idea reminds me of? Dreamfinder and how he'd wonder around his pavilion. He'd invite people to go on his journey and up to his Imageworks.

Last edited:

I am Timmy

That was the Grand Opening ceremony? Compared to DL's, it felt "business as usual". The opening ceremony at MK every morning has more going on. Disappointing on many levels. And short. And who is that bald guy (kidding)?

bclane

300 minute wait for SR at 5:56 am. Glad I got to go to a preview!

B1E3A521-4956-4383-B957-C61A83C74BD9.png

starri42

Did they confirm ahead of time that they were doing the Boarding Groups virtual queue? It's active on MyDisneyExperience right now, and are already saying "late morning" as the estimated time anyone who "lines" up will be able to enter.

270 minute wait for the Falcon. I can only imagine what it would be if they didn't have the Boarding Groups.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Did they confirm ahead of time that they were doing the Boarding Groups virtual queue? It's active on MyDisneyExperience right now, and are already saying "late morning" as the estimated time anyone who "lines" up will be able to enter.

270 minute wait for the Falcon. I can only imagine what it would be if they didn't have the Boarding Groups.

People were finding notices of it in their rooms this week.

starri42

What a weird way to announce it. I mean, I get needing to communicate with onsite guests that might not be using the app, but I'm surprised there wasn't anything for off-site guests or passholders that might be coming at normal park open.

Is the entire park open, or just Galaxy's Edge?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What a weird way to announce it. I mean, I get needing to communicate with onsite guests that might not be using the app, but I'm surprised there wasn't anything for off-site guests or passholders that might be coming at normal park open.

Is the entire park open, or just Galaxy's Edge?

The screenshots above show wait times for other attractions...

SpoiledBlueMilk

Disneyland gets Harrison Ford as the main attraction for its SWL grand opening, WDW gets Bob Chapek.

As grand openings go, this one was a bit anti-climactic.

I actually think the in-character Hando was a shot across the bow of the critics (myself included) who were loud about the lack of in-park aliens. That made the opening a lot more interesting in my opinion. I doubt Disney wanted to shell out the $$ it required to have the cast show up at two openings.

trainplane3

Smugglers run is down to 240 min, land is a failure. ;)
I am curious to see the wait times into late September. I expect it to be maintained like Avatar was for a while.
I actually think the in-character Hando was a shot across the bow of the critics (myself included) who were loud about the lack of in-park aliens. That made the opening a lot more interesting in my opinion. I doubt Disney wanted to shell out the $$ it required to have the cast show up at two openings.
Just use him in the freaking park for daily operations. Please.

FrankLapidus

Probably.

It still all felt a bit 'meh' in comparison - Iger and the OT cast turn up for Disneyland, while WDW gets Bob Chapek and a few costumed characters. It was a non-event, the main attraction being a corporate lackey with no discernable trace of charisma desperately trying to excite a crowd who clearly hadn't gotten the memo that they were supposed to at least pretend to be enthusiastic when the cameras were on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom