Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Marc Davis Fan

It seems that, for the time being, Grand Avenue will be entrance-only while Toy Story Land will be exit-only:

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 6.57.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 6.57.24 PM.png

JohnD

Nice that some here are enjoying the new land. If the appeal of Star Wars to you is the hardware, then no doubt you'll prob have a good time.

But for some of us, the appeal has less to do with the giant buzzing glowsticks and the pew-pew-pew, but with the characters. And there haven't been any good new ones, and the good old ones are mostly dead. And the Jedi are mostly dead. And the Force no longer has the resonance it once did because mitochondria (seriously, I'm still: wut?) So for me SW is no longer much fun. YMMV.

There's always the Muppets on the other side of the south entrance. (Yes, I remember.)

MrHappy

Yes, I know. I've kept up on this thread...

...especially whenever Martin says something. :cool:

But I was saying this makes it official.
Seeing it on the map now makes it different than a post a hundred pages before. Looking at it now...yikes! So, there's traffic coming into TSL from its entrance (near the giant Woody), then EVERYONE who visits SWGE entering TSL from the other side. Forky better brace himself!

Epcot_Imagineer

I would ping Martin, but I figure everyone here has color-coded note cards of every post of his, is there any sort of time frame for when the "ships" overhead will appear? I know he did say they would make an appearance at both lands, I'm just wondering when they might start to appear!

Ragerunner

So I am not sure if there is much more that can be said that hasn’t already been said. But my family and I love this new land and when ROR opens its going to be my favorite Disney land hands down. I am a Star Wars fan and a theme park fan and I think they did a great job on this. The land after dark is better than Pandora, in my opinion.
With that said I still think Runaway Railway may still be the ‘surprise’ hit of the park.

LukeS7

I had an oversized Caribbean white blousey shirt with a laced v-neck. I put a belt over it. Threw on a vest. Pew-pew! CMs appreciated it.
I'm hopeful this means that the tunics are fair game. From all the wording I've found online and the photos of signs in the GE shops, it seems like only the full-length robes are a no-go

Texas84

My AP preview was Saturday 11-3. They let us in at 1030 and I stayed until 4:30. I only left because it was so darn hot and I wanted to relax before AK after hours. So a planet and a moon in one day.

After watching the DL boards I expected a boring dead disaster. I was blown away and now thinking about a January trip so I can see RotR. Falcon crews 3 & 4 each had a 5-year old pilot in the right seat. The first little girl crashed into everything and the second was not bad. Even crashing was fun because of the ship's reaction. Then crew 5 had two serious looking pilots and they nailed it. Got me my high score for the day. I didn't get to pilot but I did like gunner because I could see what was going on. Engineer was fun because of the variety of buttons but it was hard to see. Yeah, pushing buttons was actually fun. One minor thing for me, the single rider line has a lot of stairs and standing still on steps is not comfortable.

Also spent some time 'hacking' and was expecting a trooper to show up but didn't happen. Seemed like CMs were guarding some of the panels and I was trying to be discreet. Did the Falcon, some doors, and a bunch of droids that all react.

Chewy and Rey were out, saw three different squads of troopers, Kylo, and a first order officer. Vi strolled by and two troopers chased her. And the CMs were great. Very organized and efficient. Didn't think they were phony or over the top and most of them were having fun with it. The other guests made it fun as well. All day was "What did you think?" I'm not that outgoing but everyone wanted to talk about the experience and so did I.

The cantina was amazing but not something I need to see again unless I go back with friends or family. You can observe the Droid Depot without having to buy anything. Didn't want to wait for Dok's. Ronto Wrap was tasty.

I'm ready to go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom