Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

Don't they cry when it drizzles? They moan about everything out there, more than the whineo's on this board. So, I'm sorry but their opinion on basically anything is null for me.

Well that’s the rub. They’re never pleased and the wdw lifestylers are never disappointed. They dismiss our opinions, we dismiss theirs and reality gets further obscured.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
To those going to AP previews, can you say if you had to bring your AP card with you as opposed to MB and ID? I'll hunt mine down if need be but that seems to be wholly unnecessary given that they already know what level of pass you have and whether it's valid.
Yes. I went today from 3-7pm and had to present 3 things:

- Printed confirmation email
- Annual Pass
- Photo I.D.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Since @MansionButler84 showed his identity :cool:, I will too! This is me today.
Greetings from Batuu my friends!
20190820_145436.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Ok, but @MansionButler84 lost a lot of credibility with me when he said the kettle corn was good. ;) @MisterPenguin was a pilot both times on the Falcon. It is an awesome ride if you're the pilot. But 2/3 of the people aren't.

/rant over

I actually agree with both about how amazing the land is, so I shouldn't have helped the doom and gloomers by nitpicking.
I rode Smugglers Run twice today, the first time as a pilot (left side), and let me tell you, you really feel like you are Han Solo, the visuals are amazing!
The second time as an engineer, and I felt a bit underwhelmed, definitely less exciting.
Both times the movement of the ship was intense, more than Star Tours.

pdude81

What about people from the East Coast who ventured out to DL just to see Batuu?
I thought about it but the ticket prices are brutal. Took my chances on the AP preview and thankfully that worked out. But I would have liked to catch the old Soarin and MSEP. It would cost way more for tickets for 3 days than to fly to California and back from the east coast.

Rich Brownn

Well...
tumblr_p4gs0jn93J1saw731o7_540.gif

That’s after, like, less than a day of actual training. Luke could barely pull a lightsaber 3 YEARS after he got that small bit of training from Obi Wan.

Yeah I don’t get complaining about Leia. The others I could do without but you likely know that.

Doesn’t mean you have to like every role he’s in. Actors have ups and downs and what’s viewed as a good role will vary from person to person as well. Example: people don’t care for Chris Evans as Human Torch, but love him as Captain America. Same goes for Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch vs. him as Killmonger.
Even Luke was unsettled by how powerful her force ability was. You could tell its not something he's ever come across. But being powerful doesn't automatically make her a "mary Sue". So far it doesn't show she's done a lot correctly with it.

I am Timmy

This pic by bioreconstruct is gorgeous:
View attachment 400143
Bios been putting out a lot of great comparisons between the two versions of the land.

I love the artistry of rock-work when done well. My biggest dissapointment with Epic Universe seems to be the complete lack of rockwork.
That is really well done! Can't wait to see all this - now can we get some rocks like these in Tomorrowland?

Darth Snips

Well, I didn’t think it was possible, but the attire guidelines for Batuu East are even more confusing than Disneyland version:

So... are tunics allowed or not? They don’t explicitly list them as being permitted or not permitted. Has anyone tried to wear their tunic around the land yet?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, I didn’t think it was possible, but the attire guidelines for Batuu East are even more confusing than Disneyland version:

So... are tunics allowed or not? They don’t explicitly list them as being permitted or not permitted. Has anyone tried to wear their tunic around the land yet?

I had an oversized Caribbean white blousey shirt with a laced v-neck. I put a belt over it. Threw on a vest. Pew-pew! CMs appreciated it.

Mouse3268

At the moment there is still the hype because it is new and of course it is a passholder event so every passholder wants to go. Let's wait until it is generally open for more than just a few days. It was the same in DL at the beginning and then reality set in and many saw it for what it is, an insanely overpriced shopping mall for merchandise from the abysmal Disney Star Wars Sequel trash, without OS (Original Saga) characters and PC to the max. Blue milk (at 8 bucks a cup) is actually vegan (YUCK) and in the oncoming "Rise of the Resistance" ride (who cares about this bunch of pathetic losers anyway?) you are Meeting Über-Mary Sue Rey and General Leia as Hosts, not Han not Luke not even one of the crappy new male leads. And the only open ride is based on the only Star Wars flop Solo.
In DL the crowds died down faster than anyone had expected. Let's see how the DHS Counterpart is doing.

It's amazing how much wrong can be in one paragraph.

drod1985

7 days and we still don't know the procedure for entering the land?

All we really know today is that you can show up early and enter the land. If the land closes you wait till they open the land back up. Only way around that is if you have a reservation, then you can enter the land an hour before your reservation.

To my knowledge there's been no official announcement of virtual queue/boarding groups, though I do believe it was found in the code for the MDE app.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
All we really know today is that you can show up early and enter the land. If the land closes you wait till they open the land back up. Only way around that is if you have a reservation, then you can enter the land an hour before your reservation.

To my knowledge there's been no official announcement of virtual queue/boarding groups, though I do believe it was found in the code for the MDE app.

I just called Signature Services. There has been no announcement of a ribbon cutting the night before the grand opening like they did in Anaheim.

I was told the buses would start running at 5:00 AM on 8.29. She could not tell me when parking lots would open.

I also asked if folks would be allowed to get in line the night before, like when MGM closes on 8.28 (not that my 42 year old Alien Swirling Saucer would or could do that!). She said they are not planning on making any announcements one way or the other on that, because they don't want to encourage folks to do it or to have everyone show up at the same time.

I'm sticking with my plan to leave Beach Club around 4 AM to walk over to get in line. I'll be the guy in a Star Wars shirt if anyone wants to wave hello! :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom