1. 1000.00 a night hotel (2-night stay)
2. 1 park per day ticket: 109.00
3. build a lightsaber 200.00
4. flight of beers $75.00
5. build a robot $100.00
6. Blue/green milk taste test $7.00
7. food 15.00

Total: $3,181 per person. Wow!

...or skip the Star Wars Hotel and stay at Disney's art of animation resort for one night. $250.00
Star Wars land would cost: $756 dollars to check out and "Experience the land"
That land is expensive!!
I might consider it if I actually got to go to outer space though lol.

Sonconato

My family and I went to Galaxy's Edge on Saturday night and what struck me most is how few people there were. I wasn't even going to go near Hollywood Studios for at least six months because I was so sure it would be a madhouse. Then I started hearing that Slinky Dog Dash had longer wait times than Smuggler's Run so I had to check it out. I had seen how crazy Pandora was, and for months you couldn't even get in to the land itself. They would have you wait in line outside of Pandora in Discovery Island. Flight of Passage had waits for up to three and four hours and still is quite a long wait (usually over an hour). I visited Toy Story land a few months after it opened and the area was full of people. What I saw at Galaxy's Edge was something I wasn't prepared for.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The prequels aren't as iconic as the original trilogy. But just like the sequels, it's all a package deal now.

Plus there are people who are adults now that grew up with the prequels and enjoyed them apparently.

I think besides TLJ the new movies under Disney have been decent to great (I love Rogue One), and maybe this last movie of the new trilogy will also be great.

Monorail_Orange

Plus there are people who are adults now that grew up with the prequels and enjoyed them apparently.

I think besides TLJ the new movies under Disney have been decent to great (I love Rogue One), and maybe this last movie of the new trilogy will also be great.
The Disney XD Series "Rebels" was also really well done. It's not all gloom and doom at all.

Hawg G

To experience Star Wars land at it's fullest:
1. 1000.00 a night hotel (2-night stay)
2. 1 park per day ticket: 109.00
3. build a lightsaber 200.00
4. flight of beers $75.00
5. build a robot $100.00
6. Blue/green milk taste test $7.00
7. food 15.00

Total: $3,181 per person. Wow!

...or skip the Star Wars Hotel and stay at Disney's art of animation resort for one night. $250.00
Star Wars land would cost: $756 dollars to check out and "Experience the land"
That land is expensive!!

Who in their right mind would pay $250 a night for AoA? Hell, a night at a Hampton Inn, and a throwaway campsite reside would be better than that.

Rogue1138

The backlash with the Prequels were just as bad as the backlash there is now (example: watch The People Vs George Lucas). The big difference is now social media has a lot more volume and there's a profit in hate reporting. So the cycle now is that fans can directly attack a content creator, the content creator defends themselves and 50 hack websites post articles how the content creator is "attacking the fans".

The Prequels are now experiencing a huge resurgence in popularity as that generation is maturing into consumers. I vowed not to ever question what other fans enjoy but I personally don't see the diamond in a rough with those sloppily made movies.

MuteSuperstar

Does anyone at this point actually think the new films will ever be as iconic as the original three?

I certainly don't. Name one scene in any of the newer movies that is even close to as memorable and indelible or perfectly crafted as the Hoth battle in Empire, or the Falcon flight through the asteroid belt, or a scene that has the sense of place and atmosphere that Mos Eisley or Luke's trip to Dagobah did. The modern movies are severely lacking in sense of place, and memorable moments/lines. Name even one throwaway line as memorable as "HE'S THE BRAINS, SWEETHEART" or "Laugh it up, fuzzball". Or one scene that had the tension or stakes of Luke rushing back to his burned out home, or heck even the garbage smasher scene.

Certainly the fact that Star Wars and Empire showed us things we'd never seen before played a role in that as well. Now there's endless (and mostly very drab and dull in my opinion) CGI worlds thrown at people every 5 minutes, whether in video games or in theaters. The novelty is gone. It isn't even just because of the quality or weakness of the films but also the sheer amount of material out there now. People's interests are too fragmented for modern movies to resonate like older ones did. The internet and its attendant saturation of material has forever changed the way people's minds and attention spans work and there's no going back.

None of this means GE is a "flop", mind you. The world is just vastly different now, even compared to a mere decade ago.

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

My family and I went to Galaxy's Edge on Saturday night and what struck me most is how few people there were. I wasn't even going to go near Hollywood Studios for at least six months because I was so sure it would be a madhouse. Then I started hearing that Slinky Dog Dash had longer wait times than Smuggler's Run so I had to check it out. I had seen how crazy Pandora was, and for months you couldn't even get in to the land itself. They would have you wait in line outside of Pandora in Discovery Island. Flight of Passage had waits for up to three and four hours and still is quite a long wait (usually over an hour). I visited Toy Story land a few months after it opened and the area was full of people. What I saw at Galaxy's Edge was something I wasn't prepared for.
Slinky Dog is a better ride. Everyone loves a roller coaster. Toy story mania is a better ride then the Falcon ride.
I like the falcon ride... just saying the rides in toy story land are better.

Piebald

I like GE. I'm also a big Star Wars fan. It definitely could use more characters or droids (I have yet to see Kylo Ren come out of his ship like he has in videos) but I wouldn't say it's a flop by any means. All the parks are suspiciously dead at the moment. It feels like they used to years ago around this time of year. I have an AP and we go fairly regularly and its been very nice going the past few weeks.

I'm excited for RoTR and hopefully we are getting an quality attraction. I dont get the people who are so negative about the whole thing. Star wars fans can often be the worst.

RSoxNo1

Higher. Actual is just over 1700.
The attraction has a 4 minute "fixed" ride time which means they are targeting 48 second dispatches (5 cockpits in the ride, 1 at load, 1 at unload). I know they can add the asteroid scene to lengthen the ride, but that gets you to exactly 1800 per hour with the 28 cockpits.

Add in the other 2 cockpits at the same time frame that gets you another 128 or so, is that how you're getting to roughly 1928?

Disneyhead'71

I disagree with just about everything @mikejs78 has said in this thread, but I do agree with a couple of his points. I don't think the miserable performance of SWGE has anything to do with the land being based on the ST. In fact, I don't think the General Public even knows that it doesn't include the OT characters until they get there. So that isn't what is keeping people away. And I'll state now that while SWGE will get a bump when RotR opens, I don't think it will be the silver bullet everyone thinks.

I think the problem is caused by multiple factors.

1. Two MASSIVE price increases in the past 18 months. (I know a lot of folks that have let their APs expire because of the cost)
2. Predictions of crushing crowds deterring folks from visiting near the opening.
3. Franchise fatigue. (See below)

@mikejs78 says that their isn't franchise fatigue, but just from a personal standpoint, it is a major factor for me. I have seen every SW movie in the theater up too and including Rogue One. I just couldn't bring myself to care at all about seeing TLJ or Solo. I have completely lost interest. To be honest, I really only liked Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. I kinda liked Return of the Jedi. I found the PT mildly interesting, but no where close to liking them. TFA was shallow and formulaic. And Rogue One finally beat that horse to death for me. I couldn't even sit through TLJ on Netflix.

Kate F

1. Two MASSIVE price increases in the past 18 months. (I know a lot of folks that have let their APs expire because of the cost)
2. Predictions of crushing crowds deterring folks from visiting near the opening.
4. Besides Smuggler’s Run, there doesn’t seem to be that much to do in the land at the moment that doesn’t involve draining your wallet.

Disneyhead'71

4. Besides Smuggler’s Run, there doesn’t seem to be that much to do in the land at the moment that doesn’t involve draining your wallet.
"New Star Wars Land"+ "Flying the MF" really should be all that is needed. There is something else at play here.

I think your point is hurting the satisfaction of those that have gone though.

ImperfectPixie

I disagree with just about everything @mikejs78 has said in this thread, but I do agree with a couple of his points. I don't think the miserable performance of SWGE has anything to do with the land being based on the ST. In fact, I don't think the General Public even knows that it doesn't include the OT characters until they get there. So that isn't what is keeping people away. And I'll state now that while SWGE will get a bump when RotR opens, I don't think it will be the silver bullet everyone thinks.

@mikejs78 says that their isn't franchise fatigue, but just from a personal standpoint, it is a major factor for me. I have seen every SW movie in the theater up too and including Rogue One. I just couldn't bring myself to care at all about seeing TLJ or Solo. I have completely lost interest. To be honest, I really only liked Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. I kinda liked Return of the Jedi. I found the PT mildly interesting, but no where close to liking them. TFA was shallow and formulaic. And Rogue One finally beat that horse to death for me. I couldn't even sit through TLJ on Netflix.
I wonder if Disney has finally used up the good will that surrounded their brand between buying up movie studios and releasing so many big blockbuster films, and now making pretty big bank on re-makes, raising prices by so much, etc. I realize all the purchasing and high box office returns are good for the company financially, but to the average Joe, it all could very likely come off as Disney wanting to "rule the world" so to speak, and finally entering the realm of "evil corporate America".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom