News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

mikejs78

Premium Member
My hunch? It's a combination of several factors; focusing on the wrong Star Wars characters, Mr. Chapek cutting out all the entertainment and interactive stuff that would have made Star Wars Land unique, not opening with the WOW! E Ticket that the Resistance ride promises to be, having the Falcon ride being slightly underwhelming from a rider experience, and then throw in a messy marketing message for both coasts and a big hurricane scare for opening weekend in Orlando.

First, can we keep this thread to a DHS discussion? What's going on in DL is interesting but there's a whole separate thread to that.

I can't quibble with anything on your list, other than maybe the "unfamiliar characters". As many have pointed out, Rex was not familiar, but that didn't stop Star Tours from being insanely popular.

I would add to that list the double digits annual price increases over the past few years may have finally caught up to Disney...

I still think the land will ultimately be a success, at least in DHS. Most of the reviews I've seen on the East coast have highly praised the land (with the valid criticisms that there needs to be more entertainment/etc.) Rise will be an interesting study. I remember early on here people saying (before opening) that Rise would be the much better ride, the tentpole of the land. Maybe the lesson here is that Disney got greedy and opened the land too early without the signature attraction, and that caused a lot of the buzz to be less than positive. We will see. Will be interesting to watch.

mikejs78

Premium Member
8 AM Saturday Morning

SDD 35
Falcon 25
FOP 45
Wait times are weird. For example, Falcon had a 160 min wait time at park opening, where Slinky is rising as time goes by, and FoP just still being a very popular rjse.. Could just be a function of park opening rush for EMH, and by 8 AM, resort guests are done with Falcon and ready to move on to other stuff.

The daily 6 AM EMH may have been overkill.

Movielover

Wait times are weird. For example, Falcon had a 160 min wait time at park opening, where Slinky is rising as time goes by, and FoP just still being a very popular rjse.. Could just be a function of park opening rush for EMH, and by 8 AM, resort guests are done with Falcon and ready to move on to other stuff.

The daily 6 AM EMH may have been overkill.

Also maybe the fact that the rides are totally different in both ride type and capacity could have something to do with it as well?

Bartledvd

Did the falcon today glad we avoided it since opening anything over 20 mins wait for that is a waste sadly. It feels clumsy and the view as pilot was not great feel sorry for any other positions as it is worse. We prefer star tours as you actually feel like you are moving.

Higginbotham587

Did the falcon today glad we avoided it since opening anything over 20 mins wait for that is a waste sadly. It feels clumsy and the view as pilot was not great feel sorry for any other positions as it is worse. We prefer star tours as you actually feel like you are moving.

To each their own. I absolutely loved it. And if Rise is everything Martin and others say it is can you imagine that MFSR is the NRJ of this land? What an improvement! (And I like NRJ as long as I can use a fast pass). If Rise is a hit SWGE will be better than Pandora in every way. And I expect the guests will respond accordingly.

Steph15251

To each their own. I absolutely loved it. And if Rise is everything Martin and others say it is can you imagine that MFSR is the NRJ of this land? What an improvement! (And I like NRJ as long as I can use a fast pass). If Rise is a hit SWGE will be better than Pandora in every way. And I expect the guests will respond accordingly.
I liked MF too,and I think ROTR is going to be great

Steph15251

11AM

So this should be peak time right now. Weather is great, Saturday, F&W

FOP 140
Falcon 50
SDD 50
7DMT 50

Hagrids 120

Excuses are starting to wear thin. This should not be happening. This isn’t just a Star Wars Problem.
For what Falcon is ,that wait imo is what I would expect,now I see the lines for ROTR to be a lot longer once that opens,as someone that went to GE I really like that land and MF is a good ride but not my fav.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
For what Falcon is ,that wait imo is what I would expect,now I see the lines for ROTR to be a lot longer once that opens,as someone that went to GE I really like that land and MF is a good ride but not my fav.

But all they hype. It was supposed to at least get a few more people through ALL the gates. Instead it’s flat to negative. The bump isn’t there.

BoarderPhreak

...Excuses are starting to wear thin. This should not be happening. This isn’t just a Star Wars Problem.
While I don't disagree... MF:SR is to SWGE as NRJ is to Pandora. 😝

I'm sure things will slowly pick up. WDW and FL at large are just coming off of Dorian and school has started. Of course, with CM blackouts being lifted, crowds will grow (if a bit artificial).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom