News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

DCLcruiser

Yes. Disney is known for constantly updating rides and entertainment so they don't get stagnant. DHS is especially good at this.
I know you're being sarcastic, but considering the changes to ST and the ability to update costumes for characters, GE can be updated as the story changes over the decades.

rowrbazzle

I would have liked the land if it actually would have something to do with Star Wars. SWGE was dead to me the moment I realized that it would be entirely based on the crappy sequels and featured a planet made up by imagineers. I cancelled my plans for visiting before 2021 when I found out. And sorry, this is Star Wars, I take this seriously.

The entirety of Star Wars is made up.

SpectroMagician

If only the new movies were not so horrible. Imagine if they made it based on the original trilogy, they would have made SO MUCH MONEY. But alas it is a new planet that no one cares about, with characters no one cares about, and a storyline that is horrible and no one cares about.

You would think the amazing storytellers at Disney would do better... but then again Kathleen Kennedy was involved with the story so there was no chance.

bclane

The entirety of Star Wars is made up.
Lies!!!
39CB43B3-88A3-4982-9E7B-4E40BAAE2B99.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Yes, that and the characters in the land (walking and animatronic). So, basically everything except RotR.
The walk around characters and MF visuals are “basically everything except RotR”? Not in my experience. I spent 5 hours in the land. 10 min total riding MFSR. No significant character interaction.

Spike-in-Berlin

Another important point. There is not much to do in SWGE if you cannot spend a lot of money. In a Land based on the OS you could just enjoy being there, you could go to places that evoke memories and feelings. You could just spend time by breathing finally the star wars armosphere. But instead you are in a place with zero history and zero memories connected to.

LukeS7

Ever heard the term canon? Tatooine is canon. Coruscant, Bespin, Hoth, Naboo, Endor, Dagobah etc. is canon. Baatu is not.
Look, I hate Last Jedi as much as the next guy (though for filmmaking reasons, not any of this "too much feminism" BS), but Batuu is canon. It's made multiple canonical appearances since 2018. Also, having been there opening day, GE was actually really fun, though there are some negatives.

(Also, for the record, I actually really enjoyed Force Awakens)

Spike-in-Berlin

Look, I hate Last Jedi as much as the next guy (though for filmmaking reasons, not any of this "too much feminism" BS), but Batuu is canon. It's made multiple canonical appearances since 2018. Also, having been there opening day, GE was actually really fun, though there are some negatives.

(Also, for the record, I actually really enjoyed Force Awakens)
OK then correct me if I am wrong, where in the canonical Star Wars franchise is Batuu mentioned before SWGE?

Higginbotham587

Another important point. There is not much to do in SWGE if you cannot spend a lot of money. In a Land based on the OS you could just enjoy being there, you could go to places that evoke memories and feelings. You could just spend time by breathing finally the star wars armosphere. But instead you are in a place with zero history and zero memories connected to.

Uh huh because walking into the main cabin of the Falcon and strapping yourself into the pilot seat and pulling the level to take the ship to hyperspace has nothing to do with the "history and memories" of the OT. Or the A-wing fighter?

I don't think hyperbole really helps this debate. I found plenty to evoke my memories of the OT and love of Star Wars. I liked blue milk too.

Matthew

I would have liked the land if it actually would have something to do with Star Wars. SWGE was dead to me the moment I realized that it would be entirely based on the crappy sequels and featured a planet made up by imagineers. I cancelled my plans for visiting before 2021 when I found out. And sorry, this is Star Wars, I take this seriously.

O.......K , I wish I could visit before 2021... the land looks amazing... walking onto the falcon... that famous spaceship from the original trilogy and sitting at that chess table made famous in the original trilogy will be fantastic in my opinion.

DavidDL

OK then correct me if I am wrong, where in the canonical Star Wars franchise is Batuu mentioned before SWGE?

Batuu/black spire outpost has been mentioned in Solo:

"You couldn't get from here to Black Spire without me, now you're going to make the Kessel Run? Ha!"―L3-37, to Lando Calrissian"

it also has made a lot of appearances in new canon novels, like thrawn: alliances, pirate's price and most recently, black spire.

""On Batuu, at the edges of the Unknown Regions, a threat to the Empire is taking root, its consequences as yet unknowable. But it is troubling enough to the Imperial leader to warrant investigation by his most powerful agents: Lord Darth Vader and brilliant strategist Grand Admiral Thrawn." - partial synopsis for Thrawn alliances

It also has it's own comic book series and will probably keep making appearances in future media as disney continues to push it. whether one likes it or not is totally up to them, I respect all opinions about the new land and star wars in general but there is no denying the fact that batuu is a planet in the new star wars canon. Our story there in the park takes place between episodes 8 and 9, which is why chewie has hondo (clone wars) making repairs to the falcon after the battle of crait.

more info for anyone who wants it, there have been more appearances too!
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Spire_Outpost

Higginbotham587

Having the land based on the Sequel Trilogy is like opening the original Harry Potter Land and having it all based on Fantastic Beasts. Starring Newt, Jacob, Queenie, and Grindlewald. And setting it 70 years before Potter/Weasley/Granger are born.

To me this is SW adult fans + Disney adult fans = a group completely unrepresentative of Disney's target audience, even more so than is typical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom