News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening day reports - Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
And please please understand we are saying you’re wrong about your opinion on opening day.

BTW, wait times have come down on SR since this morning but 4 of the top 7 longest wait times of the entire resort are in DHS. This kind of sucks for my upcoming end of September visit. I see it being even worse then. Hopefully I’m wrong.
View attachment 404855
What about my opinion is wrong? That the executives were not expecting large crowds? And I specifically said I was not using wait times as any metric of success. I only used PAndora as an example of a new land opening and thousands of people were there because the person I replied to had said that SWGE had thousands of people there for opening day.

I got a feeling September may not be as bad as you think in terms of wait times. Hopefully they stay somewhere near were they are now. Either way, I hope you have a great trip. We are visiting in October so I/ll be watching how things pan out as well. And BTW, are you from Plano Texas? Just asking because of your screen name. I lived in Plano back in the 80s.

disney4life2008

I finally checked out the land (not the ride) last night. I have other issues with Hollywood studios but I will keep those seperate. The entrance is oddly placed but the entrance is similar to pandora. BTW I went at night. It is much more visually appealing than pandora, the black lights at pandora is not my thing.

I am not a star wars fan so did not understand the love of anything. I was going to purchase the coke bottle but once I saw $5.35 I said no! Moved on, the land itself was more visual with lots of stores. Very spread out and bigger than I expected.

Falcon is a beautiful masterpiece!!
20190902_210049.jpg

I didn't see anyone drinking the milk and I could not find it. But it was entirely too hot for disgusting milk.

Return value? None. While I can appreciate the beauty star wars was a one and done for me. Perhaps once the new ride opens.

Spike-in-Berlin

wow... this and the boycott rise of skywalker message in your signature shows you were not going to like the land whatever happened. personally i was not a big fan of TLJ however i am very much looking forward to eventually visiting SWGE and i'm even looking forward to seeing the next film... don't take everything so seriously and you might enjoy it more.
I would have liked the land if it actually would have something to do with Star Wars. SWGE was dead to me the moment I realized that it would be entirely based on the crappy sequels and featured a planet made up by imagineers. I cancelled my plans for visiting before 2021 when I found out. And sorry, this is Star Wars, I take this seriously.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I would have liked the land if it actually would have something to do with Star Wars. SWGE was dead to me the moment I realized that it would be entirely based on the crappy sequels and featured a planet made up by imagineers. I cancelled my plans for visiting before 2021 when I found out. And sorry, this is Star Wars, I take this seriously.
Maybe you shouldn't ....

Bastet

My DH and I are not huge fans of the new films (apart from Rogue One which I loved) he likes them more than I do. In spite of this we are both looking forward to GE. He will be living a dream he has had since he was 7 and fly on the Millenium Falcon and drink blue milk and visit a cantina. I don't have a problem with disney creating a location for the land as I realise that the locations from the OT would be difficult to recreate, that said I will probably walk round GE and pretend it is set when I want it to be set, and just enjoy it for what it is.

Higginbotham587

My DH and I are not huge fans of the new films (apart from Rogue One which I loved) he likes them more than I do. In spite of this we are both looking forward to GE. He will be living a dream he has had since he was 7 and fly on the Millenium Falcon and drink blue milk and visit a cantina. I don't have a problem with disney creating a location for the land as I realise that the locations from the OT would be difficult to recreate, that said I will probably walk round GE and pretend it is set when I want it to be set, and just enjoy it for what it is.

I would love to hear what setting from the OT should have been used. Bespin? Hoth? Endor? None of these would have been able to have all the experiences that are being offered in Batuu. Tatooine would have been depressing without any plants or greenery. Endor is the only one they could have done and there wouldn't have been a cantina. Give WDI a break. Many here are asking for too much. I also hate the Sequels but I have no trouble with the land and what they did.

And as much as I hate the Sequels my nine year old daughter says her favorite Jedi is Rey. I'm not in love with the PC approach to Star Wars, but I don't think we can ignore that Disney's target market includes the half of the kid population that happens to be female.

The same thing happened with the Prequels. The adult SW world (and I was an adult then too) said GL had killed their childhood. The kids liked them.

I just don't get how you can hate SWGE. It is so well done. I also don't fault Disney for anticipating huge SW geek crowds when they did not really how much they had annoyed the crap out of everyone with TLJ and to some extent TFA (which hurt Solo which was actually better than both). Who knew how many SW nuts were going to travel for SWGE? They prepared for tons and now those systems are in place for peak times in the park when they may be needed.

I don't get the hate towards SWGE, I really don't. And I do have a lot of anger towards JJA, Lucasfilm, and Disney for what they have done in the Sequel trilogy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In DL Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run has shorter waiting times than attractions that are 6-60 years older. In WDW it is only a question of time when the crowds die down. SWGE is a total desaster and this will be finally proven when Rise of the Losers opens and people realize it is actually the rise of KK feminist Agenda.

Well, the good news is that they can close down DL's SWL, which means that WDW can use DL's Batuu as a source of spare parts.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
TBH I don't think peoples opinions of the success or failure of SWGE have anything to do per se with Star Wars itself, I think at least on this point, the negativity is directed more towards how Disney has executed (blundered) things.

I want SWGE to succeed because as a SW fan it was everything that I wanted, regardless of the story, the reported cuts, and the whole Lucas SW versus Disney SW.

I did experience schadenfreude however when DLR SWGE flopped and DHS is not off to the stellar start that executive brass expected. Again not directed at SW, but at Disney reaping what they've sown in how they've managed and run the parks. At some point there is only so much beating the loyal Disney guest or even casual Disney guest can take. The DLR rollout proved that, and to an extent the WDW rollout is reinforcing it. If the execution of SWGE had been handled differently, and there was some deference rather than disdain showed to the guest, you would still have the virtual queue system in place at DLR and WDW.

It's sad that the lesson will probably not be learned, because of the head in the sand culture under current leadership. But the fact that people are talking actively about SWGE being a flop and the resorts being empty has cost them much more than, not keeping AP and park tickets the same cost, etc, etc.

But of course for many it's always the same....Thank you sir, may I have another...

Tonto

In DL Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run has shorter waiting times than attractions that are 6-60 years older. In WDW it is only a question of time when the crowds die down. SWGE is a total desaster and this will be finally proven when Rise of the Losers opens and people realize it is actually the rise of KK feminist Agenda.

Bottom line. You are bringing a personal agenda to this, so perhaps you should try looking at this land for what it is and that is a beautiful land that is missing its star attraction. When the main attraction is done, I’m pretty confident that a lot of concerns will be put to bed. It’s only a few short months away now. Be patient

DCLcruiser

This thought exercise was actually IDENTICAL to how WDI settled in on the name for their made-up planet that doesn't exist in the Star Wars Universe.
...yet

Give it time. All will be revealed...or they won't and the land can constantly be updated with characters and storylines based on the future of SW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom