News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

fctiger

Just like all the updates we've enjoyed on TSMM (*snark), there are plans for Smuggler's Run to have special seasonal holiday versions, like Christmas, Halloween and Secretaries Day.

They are doing a great job updating Star Tours though. Of course its to help promote the new movies (and even GE) but it does prove they are finally keeping their word to updating the ride which, ironically, they had promised to do when it first opened in 1987. But the technology today just makes it a lot easier. I can see SR getting similar updates in the future as well. But it probably doesn't need one for a few years at least.

mickEblu

They are doing a great job updating Star Tours though. Of course its to help promote the new movies (and even GE) but it does prove they are finally keeping their word to updating the ride which, ironically, they had promised to do when it first opened in 1987. But the technology today just makes it a lot easier. I can see SR getting similar updates in the future as well. But it probably doesn't need one for a few years at least.

Right and being that Falcon is a video game, I don’t see any reason for Star Tours to go anywhere even after a major TL redo. Can’t see what they ll put in that tiny footprint that will be more popular than Star Tours long term.

Nirya

Guys, my point is just that the land is set during the sequel trilogy and Star Tours is using the Starspeeder 3000 after the events of Return of the Jedi. Seeing as Rex is in the land, the original Star Tours storyline is within the land's canon. Therefore the Starspeeder 3000 should be the Starspeeder present in the Falcon ride and not the 1000. I'm being a nerd, I know, but this is the standard they've set for themselves. Also the 3000 is just a way cooler looking transport.

Honestly, I don't see why this is that big of a deal. Airline industries utilize different types of planes depending on what the trip demands. It's not that far of a leap in logic that a fictional space travel agency would do something similar, which would let them keep older model ships around.

DanielBB8

WHAT? You're rewriting history as we speak lol. TFA was a WELL received movie. Go to Rotten Tomatoes. Critic score is at 92% and audience score at 87%. Yes TLJ was definitely divided by fans but critics loved it. Whats crazy is TLJ is the best reviewed film of 2017. TFA was the best reviewed film of 2015. And you're forgetting the spin off prequels Rogue One and Solo too. BOTH of those has higher audience ratings and critic ratings than the prequels. Rogue One has both critic and audience ratings in the 80s. Solo is the worst reviewed movies out of all the Disney films for sure though with a critic rating of 70% and an audience rating of 64%. But whats crazy its critic and audience ratings are still higher than both TPM and AOTC. In fact all the prequel audience ratings are only in the 50s and 60s.

So where are you basing this 'reaction' from exactly?

The prequels are still easily the lowest rated films in the saga, bar none. Disney actually has literally some of the highest. Thats why its this weird disconnect the Disney films are 'failing' but yet when you get beyond the hardcore fans they are a huge hit with the general audience.

Its the same issue with the Star Tours discussion I had earlier, people seem to think their personal hate of something is a consensus with the rest of the fanbase. It isn't. You can certainly hate it personally but don't pretend like you speak for the majority.
Wow, you say critics loves TLJ yet you completely left off the stats. Here it is.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the biggest movie ever to create such a dramatic divide between critics & audience. (93% critics vs 56% audience). But which other films have been loved by critics, but not so much by the people?”

Omitting convenient facts isn’t helping.

TROR

Wow, you say critics loves TLJ yet you completely left off the stats. Here it is.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the biggest movie ever to create such a dramatic divide between critics & audience. (93% critics vs 56% audience). But which other films have been loved by critics, but not so much by the people?”

The "people" are morons who don't know anything about movie making. Conveniently, neither does Rian Johnson. However, The Last Jeid is a cinematic masterpiece and one of, if not the, best Star Wars movie. That said, the Canto Bight was a miserable slog and Rose Tico is an awful character. Still, everything with Luke, Leia, Kylo, Snoke, and the Resistance/First Order was fantastic and really furthered my love of Star Wars beyond the Original Trilogy.

britain

If anyone is interested Tim Tracker is actually doing a live stream of GE right now:

I really love this guys videos. He (almost) convinced me to go back to WDW this year after not seeing it for over a decade.

Watch the first 10 seconds and tell me this wasn’t already planned for some potential John Carter attraction before being adapted for Star Wars.

(Which is rather appropriate given how Burroughs’ Carter books were early forerunners to Star Wars)

fctiger

OMG! This is why I hate the internet sometimes. Reading comprehension sucks. I literally pointed that out in the second sentence in the post you just quoted, but that you somehow overlooked. What I said in my post:

"Yes TLJ was definitely divided by fans but critics loved it."

It's literally saying what you said I 'omitted'. I mean, seriously. How much more clearer could I say it?

And I liked how you conveniently ignored everything else in my post. ;D

Are we done here?

DanielBB8

OMG! This is why I hate the internet sometimes. Reading comprehension sucks. I literally pointed that out in the second sentence in the post you just quoted, but that you somehow overlooked. What I said in my post:

"Yes TLJ was definitely divided by fans but critics loved it."

It's literally saying what you said I 'omitted'. I mean, seriously. How much more clearer could I say it?

And I liked how you conveniently ignored everything else in my post. ;D

Are we done here?
No, not done yet. You posted the figures meticulously for every other movie yet omitted conveniently the Rotten Tomatoes score for THE LAST JEDI. That exactly what I said yet you accused me of lacking in reading comprehension.

You said “In fact all the prequel audience ratings are only in the 50s and 60s.”

TLJ is right there too, but people don’t have as much revulsion of the prequels as they do TLJ.

“The prequels are still easily the lowest rated films in the saga, bar none.”

And TLJ too.

Last edited:

TROR

No, not done yet. You posted the figures meticulously for every other movie yet omitted conveniently the Rotten Tomatoes score for THE LAST JEDI. That exactly what I said yet you accused me of lacking in reading comprehension.

You said “In fact all the prequel audience ratings are only in the 50s and 60s.”

TLJ is right there too, but people don’t have as much revulsion of the prequels as they do TLJ.

And TLJ too.
Nobody cares. Grow up and move on.

fctiger

And TLJ too.

Seriously? Do people not know this? I didn't think I had to post it as I made pretty clear TLJ wasn't exactly loved by the fanbase and has been talked about on this very board the last few days. But that had nothing to do with your main point and that was your flawed attempt to rewrite history on the prequels. And last time I checked, TLJ wasn't the only film Disney has made. So now you ARE admitting that the prequels are considered lowly rated among the general fanbase? If you said that from the beginning we wouldn't be talking about it now.

Look, if you simply said you thought the prequels were personally better than the new movies, you wouldn't have gotten a response from me. But what bothers me (and this happens a lot on the internet) is that people try to turn their personal opinion on something into a majority without any evidence to back it up.

You responded twice now, but you haven't once tried to back up your main argument with any actual proof. Correct?

So, are we done now? Or do you just want to get the last word in and keep wasting my time?

TROR

Also this is an outpost on the far edge of the galaxy. That kind of place takes a while to get the new models.

Now back to the real purpose of this thread — arguing about movie reviews. 🙄
If that's the case, the Starspeeder should not be as sleek. I'll die on this hill.

DanielBB8

Seriously? Do people not know this? I didn't think I had to post it as I made pretty clear TLJ wasn't exactly loved by the fanbase and has been talked about on this very board the last few days. But that had nothing to do with your main point and that was your flawed attempt to rewrite history on the prequels. And last time I checked, TLJ wasn't the only film Disney has made. So now you ARE admitting that the prequels are considered lowly rated among the general fanbase? If you said that from the beginning we wouldn't be talking about it now.

Look, if you simply said you thought the prequels were personally better than the new movies, you wouldn't have gotten a response from me. But what bothers me (and this happens a lot on the internet) is that people try to turn their personal opinion on something into a majority without any evidence to back it up.

You responded twice now, but you haven't once tried to back up your main argument with any actual proof. Correct?

So, are we done now? Or do you just want to get the last word in and keep wasting my time?
We’re not done yet because you selectively quoted me as if I said it without mentioning it with the original trilogy. All 6 movies are canon. That’s my MAIN POINT. The people that hate TLJ are also hating TFA in retrospect. They want them both to be gone. The idea that Batuu will last in the long term with Kylo Ren as major featured character will not work.

You backed yourself in the corner by keep saying TLJ is more loved than the prequels. The fandom declared Star Wars is DEAD because of TLJ.

Box Office: 'Star Wars 9' Must Prove That 'Last Jedi' Didn't Ruin 'Star Wars'”

TROR

We’re not done yet because you selectively quoted me as if I said it without mentioning it with the original trilogy. All 8 movies are canon. That’s my MAIN POINT. The people that hate TLJ are also hating TFA in retrospect. They want them both to be gone. The idea that Batuu will last in the long term with Kylo Ren as major featured character will not work.

You backed yourself in the corner by keep saying TLJ is more loved than the prequels. The fandom declared Star Wars is DEAD because of TLJ.
Fixed that for you. Now shut up. You contribute nothing to this forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom