News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

JediMasterMatt

While it's huge compared to the typical DL area, it looks like it was designed for DL. Two big E tickets, alleyways to explore, themed restaurants... it's NOS crossed with SW on steroids

Our resident contrarian is quite right, NOS was very much the intended vibe for SWL's conception. When it's all said and done, it should have a very similar feel and when accounting for the show buildings, takes up a similar footprint.

Still... should've been down the street; but, they did the best they could with the mandate that was given.

britain

Is anyone at all concerned with the run down look to a lot of the buildings/shops in Star Wars land?

Looking forward to it! Bring on the grime!

Speaking of run-down...

1518548160868.png

SSG

Star Wars at Disney ParksMore Star Wars at Disney Parks Stories
sjd3452254-624x351.jpg

Tue, February 13, 2018Encounter Rey Beginning this May in Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland Resort
6bec039aaf4e2d98366f670c73910a4f

by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
As the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge continues at Disneyland park, Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland is your go-to destination for all things from the galaxy far, far away. And beginning this May, a new face will join this interactive experience with the arrival of the Resistance’s newest hero, Rey.
A scavenger from the planet Jakku, Rey is a survivor toughened by life on a harsh desert planet. Despite dismissing herself as “no one,” she learns that her life is being shaped by the mysterious power of the Force. Central to the stories of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Rey has become an inspiration to a new generation of Star Wars fans.
Joining Chewbacca, Rey will visit with guests at the Light Side character experience throughout the summer, with Darth Vader and Kylo Ren encountering guests at the Dark Side area. Be sure to check the Entertainment times guide upon your arrival to the park, as encounter times are subject to change.
Encounter Rey this May, and be sure to reserve your copy of Star Wars: The Last Jedi – including more than 2 hours of bonus footage, deleted scenes & more – today!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

sjd3452254-624x351.jpg

Tue, February 13, 2018Encounter Rey Beginning this May in Star Wars Launch Bay at Disneyland Resort

As the development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge continues at Disneyland park, Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland is your go-to destination for all things from the galaxy far, far away. And beginning this May, a new face will join this interactive experience with the arrival of the Resistance’s newest hero, Rey.
A scavenger from the planet Jakku, Rey is a survivor toughened by life on a harsh desert planet. Despite dismissing herself as “no one,” she learns that her life is being shaped by the mysterious power of the Force. Central to the stories of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Rey has become an inspiration to a new generation of Star Wars fans.
Joining Chewbacca, Rey will visit with guests at the Light Side character experience throughout the summer, with Darth Vader and Kylo Ren encountering guests at the Dark Side area. Be sure to check the Entertainment times guide upon your arrival to the park, as encounter times are subject to change.
Encounter Rey this May, and be sure to reserve your copy of Star Wars: The Last Jedi – including more than 2 hours of bonus footage, deleted scenes & more – today!
lol. I follow her on Instagram.

TROR

sjd3452254-624x351.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hattieboxghost110

Is anyone at all concerned with the run down look to a lot of the buildings/shops in Star Wars land?

I'm definitely not a fan of the "poverty theming" in Animal Kingdom or in general. Though judging by the concept art, I get a more desert/old west/rough n' tumble feeling to the marketplace.

Almost all of Animal Kingdom is themed in a similar way and it has the most artistic integrity of any domestic theme park.

Talk about a stretch.

George Lucas on a Bench

AK strikes a very delicate balance between uber-themed, questionably-themed and charming. The theming makes it feel like you're in a third world country, but is that really where you want to be. And yet, they squeezed every little detail they could into the place. It's confusingly impressive and depressing. I'll just stick with the dinosaur ride and call it a day.

CaptainAmerica

sjd3452254-624x351.jpg

Face characters are so weird.

Hattieboxghost110

It's pretty much universally agreed upon in the Disney fan community, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. In terms of thematic execution, it's Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disney's Animal Kingdom, in that order. It's the reason DAK's one blemish, Dinoland, stands out so badly.

So how is shoving the Avatar IP about blue aliens into a theme park about animals "artistic integrity?" Well that's because it's about conservation, right. That's BS. It was chosen because it was the highest grossing film of all time. Disney didn't even own the property at the time.

It's as bad as calling Volcano Bay, either Universal's 3rd gate, or a "theme park." Yea, no. It's a water park. Or when Robert from Theme Park Insider (Site I love) awarded Krakatau Aqua Coaster as the Best New Roller Coaster. :banghead: The Orwellian language of marketers amuses me to no end. Sadly, people eat it up.

Additionally, Kali River Rapids has a weak theme and is an even weaker ride. GRIZZLY RIVER RUN absolutely blows KRR out of the water in theming and overall experience.

mickEblu

It's pretty much universally agreed upon in the Disney fan community, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. In terms of thematic execution, it's Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disney's Animal Kingdom, in that order. It's the reason DAK's one blemish, Dinoland, stands out so badly.

Tokyo Disneyland? I saw a picture of an ugly Pre 1980s Dumbo in front of their Haunted Mansion. I would put Disneyland Paris in the top 3 with the other two you mentioned.

George Lucas on a Bench

Universal themselves advertise that gross contaminated water park as a third theme park. I thought I'd come out of a lengthy coma or traveled through time when I heard they now had three theme parks in Universal Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom