News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

D.Silentu

Quoting the post seemed redundant to me as my post directly followed the subject picture. Speaking of subjects, I'm sure there are more interesting things to talk about.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Quoting the post seemed redundant to me as my post directly followed the subject picture. Speaking of subjects, I'm sure there are more interesting things to talk about.
Forum etiquette is that if you're giving a response to someones post you quote the post, even if you're responding in humor. Otherwise a random post should be seen to be about the topic of the thread. You've posted here long enough, you should know this. But hey since when does anyone actually follow forum etiquette. ;)

mickEblu

Rode Smugglers Run today for the first time in an a while. Hondo is the Jar Jar Binks of GE. What a choice. Anyway, I noticed some big time glare on the screen today that was very distracting. Never noticed it before on any of my rides. For reference I was left pilot but I’ve always been pilot in the past. Couldn’t stop seeing all the gunners and engineers light up buttons.

mickEblu

Has anyone done the lightsaber experience at GE and is it worth it? I have some Disney gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. My son has been looking for a cool souvenir and wants to buy that new GE Poster set for $99. Don’t really want to drop $100 for three pieces of paper (and still have to frame it) as cool as the ROTR poster is. For $120 more I can do Savis with him. Seems like that’s a much better use of the money/ gift cards.

Mediatetv1

For those just tuning in and wondering about the abrupt topic shift on the previous page, here are its genesis posts:

Carry on!
I can't post much here. There is a lot of movement happening right now. Embarrassment that two of the big three brands have been resuscitated and one is still left hurting. Star Wars Galaxy fix is now a priority when in any other scenario this would not be high on the list.

Phroobar

Has anyone done the lightsaber experience at GE and is it worth it? I have some Disney gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. My son has been looking for a cool souvenir and wants to buy that new GE Poster set for $99. Don’t really want to drop $100 for three pieces of paper (and still have to frame it) as cool as the ROTR poster is. For $120 more I can do Savis with him. Seems like that’s a much better use of the money/ gift cards.
iu

mickEblu

I can't post much here. There is a lot of movement happening right now. Embarrassment that two of the big three brands have been resuscitated and one is still left hurting. Star Wars Galaxy fix is now a priority when in any other scenario this would not be high on the list.

Endor/ Ewoks yay or nay? Speederbike coaster yay or nay? Any damn coaster? Yay or nay?

Last edited:

Sneaky

Are you allowed if this Is this a dual coastal thing? Or just Disneyland?

mickEblu

I think if they really want a home run and to create a real perception change this new version of the land has to come with a new ride in addition to the increased OT presence, familiar locations and new Smugglers Run missions. If Pooh is indeed leaving I have a hard time believing it’s for anything other than Endor considering the location. If they re using the Pooh building then obviously a ride will be a part of the plan. The only question is how ambitious can they go? Would it be a smaller Ewok D ticket of sorts? I like @britain ’s ideas of that spot potentially being a launch point (and queue) with most of the coaster taking place on some of the DL Forward plot across DL drive.

How big is the expansion pad (if one exists) on the other side of the land where the dinner theatre was supposed to go?

Sneaky

I think if they really want a home run and to create a real perception change this new version of the land has to come with a new ride in addition to the increased OT presence, familiar locations and new Smugglers Run missions. If Pooh is indeed leaving I have a hard time believing it’s for anything other than Endor considering the location. If they re using the Pooh building then obviously a ride will be a part of the plan. The only question is how ambitious can they go? Would it be a smaller Ewok D ticket of sorts? I like @britain ’s ideas of that spot potentially being a launch point (and queue) with most of the coaster taking place on some of the DL Forward plot across DL drive.

How big is the expansion pad (if one exists) on the other side of the land where the dinner theatre was supposed to go?
Is Pooh rumored to be leaving at DL? That would be news to me.

mickEblu

A new poster here as indicated as such a couple pages back. He has no track record here but it kind of passes the smell test for me. I also feel that the Critter Country name change shift in the 11th hour gives some credence to these rumors and probably had something do with Pooh leaving and this GE expansion project.

Last edited:

Sneaky

A new poster here as indicated as such a couple pages back. He has no track record here but it kind of passes the smell test for me. I also feel that the Critter Country name change shift in the 11th hour seems to suggest that it had something do with Pooh leaving and this GE project.
Well, an endor dark ride of some kind would be interesting. I wonder, if true, if this will be a Disneyland exclusive kinda thing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its all based on this one posters rumor about changes coming to GE.

No offense to that poster, but I think we should remind people to take everything said with a whole truck load of salt here. We've had many posters come and claim having inside information that end up with it not happening or was proven incorrect.

Sneaky

Its all based on this one posters rumor about changes coming to GE.

No offense to that poster, but I think we should remind people to take everything said with a whole truck load of salt here. We've had many posters come and claim having inside information that end up with not happening or was proven incorrect.
Yeah that’s what makes me kinda sus about this. It’s one guy.

mickEblu

Well, an endor dark ride of some kind would be interesting. I wonder, if true, if this will be a Disneyland exclusive kinda thing.

Hard to say. Depends on what it is I guess. If it’s a coaster would they really build another at DHS? Maybe since they appear to be in an anti clone phase they have different plans for how they want to expand both lands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom