News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's post like this that make it no fun to to stop by here and share. I had reservations about coming on here a month ago because of snarky stuff like this. I never said the motion simulator was leaving. And I am referring to it as Star Wars Galaxy for a reason.
I'm sorry but you have to expect that posters are going to question and even doubt any rumor you give for a variety of reason, least of all that you are an unknown brand new account. You haven't proven yourself to provide unquestionable valid rumors.

If even half of what you say comes true it shouldn't matter that anyone questions the validity of what you post. So don't let the fact that I or anyone else questions or doubts your rumors prevent you from posting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
He previously said that Star Wars Galaxy would be the new name for GE.
Personally I think shortening the name would confuse people. If there really is an intent to change the land to be the "Star Wars best hits land" just call it Star Wars Land, no need to have the "Galaxy" in the name.

mickEblu

This is not happening. Star Tours also is also going away. It's all about Star Wars Galaxy. They can make it muti land with WTP and the extra expansion area already available. Think heavy focus on beloved places from those first three movies.

Wow that would be a big mistake. Crazy that they want to change the perception of GE so bad that they would remove Star Tours to force you to go to GE to get your Star Wars fix. Granted we’ve heard of Star Tours being on the chopping block for years. One insider even said Smugglers Run was going to make Star Tours obsolete before the land opened. Of course, that didn’t end up being true and Star Tours continued to live on even getting new scenes every 2 or 3 years. Even if they end up creating three or four new missions for Smugglers Run it’s still not Star Tours. Doesn’t have the whimsy and it’ll still be a video game first and a ride second unlike Star Tours. Makes even less sense if they re going to leave the simulator in there for a new ride. I can’t think of anything they could put in there that would be as fun, repeatable and synergistic.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wow that would be a big mistake. Crazy that they want to change the perception of GE so bad that they would remove Star Tours to force you to go to GE to get your Star Wars fix. Granted we’ve heard of Star Tours being on the chopping block for years. One insider even said Smugglers Run was going to make Star Tours obsolete before the land opened. Of course, that didn’t end up being true and Star Tours continued to live on even getting new scenes every 2 or 3 years. Even if they end up creating three or four new missions for Smugglers Run it’s still not Star Tours. Doesn’t have the whimsy and it’ll still be a video game first and a ride second unlike Star Tours. Makes even less sense if they re going to leave the simulator in there for a new ride. I can’t think of anything they could put in there that would be as fun, repeatable and synergistic.
Exactly, and even the recent rumors I've seen around the interwebs was that ST was staying in any TL redo due to its popularity. I could see though ST at DHS closing especially if they needed more space for Monstropolis if it takes over Muppets next door. So maybe they got their wires crossed and this is actually for DHS and not DLR.

mickEblu

Personally I think shortening the name would confuse people. If there really is an intent to change the land to be the "Star Wars best hits land" just call it Star Wars Land, no need to have the "Galaxy" in the name.

Why would it confuse people? Because it used to be called Galaxies Edge? So they walk in there once and see that the land expanded and sort of changed and then move on. I think it’s much better than the generic “Star Wars Land.”

mickEblu

Exactly, and even the recent rumors I've seen around the interwebs was that ST was staying in any TL redo due to its popularity. I could see though ST at DHS closing especially if they needed more space for Monstropolis if it takes over Muppets next door. So maybe they got their wires crossed and this is actually for DHS and not DLR.

To be clear I don’t think the poster is lying and is just saying what he’s heard or been told. I just think getting rid of Star Tours would be a mistake. Very very slim margin anything that goes in that building would be better. I don’t put anything past Disney these days.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why would it confuse people? Because it used to be called Galaxies Edge? So they walk in there once and see that the land expanded and sort of changed and then move on. I think it’s much better than the generic “Star Wars Land.”
The whole Galaxy's Edge name was a play on the idea that Batuu was on the edge of the known galaxy, so it made sense. And it rang off the tongue just saying "Lets go to Galaxy's Edge". Just saying "Star Wars Galaxy", as in "Lets go to Star Wars Galaxy" or "Lets go to Galaxy", it just doesn't work and is confusing.

Might as well just call it Star Wars Land as that is just what people will call it anyways, like they do now.

coffeefan

Star Tours could easily be replaced by Stitch, Black Panther's jet, or X-Men's Blackbird, heck even a Futurama express ship would be camp and fun. I hope it's finally changed to breathe some new life into that land.

I'll agree that Star Wars needs more rides, but they should go into the Star Wars lands moving forward.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To be clear I don’t think the poster is lying and is just saying what he’s heard or been told. I just think getting rid of Star Tours would be a mistake. Very very slim margin anything that goes in that building would be better. I don’t put anything past Disney these days.
I'm not saying they are lying, I just question the accuracy of the rumor. I think this is a bunch of ideas that were thrown around that went through the rumor filter and is being posted. Which is fine, but it also makes it harder to believe anything that is posted due to the holes that seem to be come up.

I do believe they have ideas on changes to GE they want to implement, I just question if these ideas posted are them.

mickEblu

The whole Galaxy's Edge name was a play on the idea that Batuu was on the edge of the known galaxy, so it made sense. And it rang off the tongue just saying "Lets go to Galaxy's Edge". Just saying "Star Wars Galaxy", as in "Lets go to Star Wars Galaxy" or "Lets go to Galaxy", it just doesn't work and is confusing.

Might as well just call it Star Wars Land as that is just what people will call it anyways, like they do now.

I’m sorry. The land is going to be called Star Wars Galaxy and thats that.

mickEblu

I'm not saying they are lying, I just question the accuracy of the rumor. I think this is a bunch of ideas that were thrown around that went through the rumor filter and is being posted. Which is fine, but it also makes it harder to believe anything that is posted due to the holes that seem to be come up.

I do believe they have ideas on changes to GE they want to implement, I just question if these ideas posted are them.

I believe the rumor and I’ve stated my reasons why. Again doesn’t mean it’s all 100% accurate (nothing rarely ever is) or going to happen (plans can change) but I believe something is in the works. Getting rid of Star Tours would be dumb but I really can’t put it past Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I believe the rumor and I’ve stated my reasons why. Again doesn’t mean it’s all 100% accurate (nothing rarely ever is) of going to happen but I believe something is in the works. Getting rid of Star Tours would be dumb but I really can’t put it past Disney.
I guess we'll see. But if in 5-6 years (end of the decade) we're still talking about this rumor because none of it has happened or announced, I'm going to call a flag on the play.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Haha ok I’m setting an alarm on my phone for five years from today.
Seriously though, as I indicated I think they are formulating plans, but I think its very early days and I have serious doubts that any or even half of the stuff posted here will come to fruition. It really does sound like a brainstorming session notes.

mickEblu

Seriously though, as I indicated I think they are formulating plans, but I think its very early days and I have serious doubts that any or even half of the stuff posted here will come to fruition. It really does sound like a brainstorming session notes.

I for one hope it’s not ALL true. I’m not liking most of what I’m hearing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I for one hope it’s not ALL true. I’m not liking most of what I’m hearing.
As with everything it all comes does to execution. As I said previously I rather they improve on what is already there, and it wouldn't take much. But if they intend on changing up the land to be something different, at least do it smart. To me what has been posted doesn't seem smart. And I can't imagine Filoni the creative head for Lucas would sign-off on any plan like this.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Mando and Grogu will be appearing at DHS's SWL during the Jollywood Nights.

This anachronism has appeared before. The crack is getting wider.

Also, don't forget that the Millennium Falcon simulator becomes a Mando story in two years...
There's no crack. It's simply cross-marketing and synergy. A new show or movie comes out and they market it with characters or temporary overlays.

The short-term synergy and money gain is more important than continuity, but it doesn't mean that Disney is going to abandon their $4B dollar purchase to revert the land back to the George Lucas era of things or have anything in the land that Disney didn't create themselves.......or was in Disney-created media (like Chewbacca or R2-D2, etc.).

I personally don't care if some rando creates a new account and says they have "inside information". There's no vetting, there's no history.....nothing. I could do the same exact thing on a lazy Sunday.

I would guess they probably have a trusted blogger/vlogger/podcaster they watch or listen to that has said these things and probably was correct once or twice (a stopped clock is right twice a day) in the past or claims to have their own inside informants or whatever.

If in 10 years there is a Star Wars Galaxy filled with 5 OG era mini-lands, I'll be happy to eat crow and buy everyone a Tatooine Sunset.

I do believe GE has underperformed and I also believe changes will be coming, but not those changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom