News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

This is the best over view video yet! I've never been to Disneyland, so 90% of the time I'm completely confused by the way things are laid out. But he does a nice job and I especially like how he does the before/after pics. There is also something endearing about him & his daughter together. It's like it's their special bonding project!

Agreed. And yes, the father-daughter aspect of this video makes it especially endearing. With the constant drumbeat of bad news daily in recent years, and "good news" consisting mainly of trashy celebrities constantly forcing their way into our lives, it's very nice to see a happy, pleasant family sharing time together over something as wholesome as a Disneyland expansion. And years from now this young lady will have a fun souvenir of her childhood with her Dad.

And welcome @Heartsturtle!

DL2006

Found this on instagram taken on 9/23.

IMG_0497.JPG

Old Mouseketeer

It's great that an old fashion weed dispensary is going into TSI

Could that concrete enclosure in front of the Green Cross sign possibly be a loading platform for Columbia during Fantasmic? It would sure improve things for the cast and crew, assuming they could add some kind of removeable/concealable gangway.

britain

Can I express how NOT impressed I am with the size of that hole they've dug? It looks like half the size of the Haunted Mansion show building. I know that it's just the basement, and maybe the upper levels will probably be much larger. But so far, this is not close to the record-breaking size Miceage was making it out to be.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Can I express how NOT impressed I am with the size of that hole they've dug? It looks like half the size of the Haunted Mansion show building. I know that it's just the basement, and maybe the upper levels will probably be much larger. But so far, this is not close to the record-breaking size Miceage was making it out to be.
Wow, Disney bashing is reaching a whole new level when people are upset over a hole in the ground.

JediMasterMatt

That hole isn't the whole thing. The Rock is going to be much, much bigger.

The service road is a rough boundary of what to expect in terms of the footprint for the show building. It will open as Disney's crown jewel of modern E-tickets. Size is just one of the things that will make it special.

Come on Turkey Day 2018!

"Homer, use the forks!" - Mark Hamill IS Nathan Detroit

britain

Ok, taking it down a level, let me make a less controversial observation about that hole: It seems awfully deep for how not amazingly wide it is. It gives the impression that when you're in the space below, it will feel rather claustrophobic.

Having said that, set design works wonders. You could probably fit Toad and Pan down in there and not feel any claustrobobia at all. And obviously there will be plenty of ride that's above ground.

ctrlaltdel

That hole isn't the whole thing. The Rock is going to be much, much bigger.

The service road is a rough boundary of what to expect in terms of the footprint for the show building. It will open as Disney's crown jewel of modern E-tickets. Size is just one of the things that will make it special.

Come on Turkey Day 2018!

"Homer, use the forks!" - Mark Hamill IS Nathan Detroit
:eek: I was expecting a bit closer to Christmas. Although I guess that is only a difference of a few weeks.

Will the entire battle attraction be flat? I know LPS can't go uphill, but it looks to be a massive building for the ride to only be on one level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom