News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

@TROR good news, characters on screen speaking at us

Really? I stopped reading half way through because I didn’t want the whole thing spoiled for me but I thought up until that point they handled it quite well. A hologram of Rey from BB8. A transmission of Poe in the queue. I’m ok with this. I just don’t want to see these guys on a screen as part of the ride itself.

Disney Analyst

Really? I stopped reading half way through because I didn’t want the whole thing spoiled for me but I thought up until that point they handled it quite well. A hologram of Rey from BB8. A transmission of Poe in the queue. I’m ok with this. I just don’t want to see these guys on a screen as part of the ride itself.

They didn't give any real ride details, no clue about any screen use yet still.

solidyne

Hologramz > Screenz

lifeisgoodboy

They're not racist except for when non-Asians wear them to pretend to be Asian (e.g., a Caucasian taking an entertainment role that would be better played by an Asian since the character is Asian, but the system is biased toward hiring Caucasians; or, a non-Asian wearing one as a costume because a nationality is a 'role' or funny?).

In Batuu, non-Asians wear them to be some non-Earthican culture that has nothing to do with Earthican Asia.

Also...

View attachment 352834

View attachment 352835

It also looks like watto hat.
see below:
They're not racist except for when non-Asians wear them to pretend to be Asian (e.g., a Caucasian taking an entertainment role that would be better played by an Asian since the character is Asian, but the system is biased toward hiring Caucasians; or, a non-Asian wearing one as a costume because a nationality is a 'role' or funny?).

In Batuu, non-Asians wear them to be some non-Earthican culture that has nothing to do with Earthican Asia.

Also...

View attachment 352834

View attachment 352835

lifeisgoodboy

In the DHS forum, it's being speculated (and @marni1971 seems to confirm) that the table-service-restaurant has been cut. It's just Podracer's Grill for food, and the smallish cantina for drinks. For the longest time, I simply thought the cantina was bar + TSR. But I guess I was wrong.
I already knew about that. I wasn't sure if it was right.

mickEblu

I’m pretty sure I’ll be taking one of those Rex droids home. I don’t need a coffee machine sized version though. I’d be happy with something the size of my cell phone or smaller.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mean we need to ask @marni1971 if the building with the ship parked on top was considered qsr or tsr? EW is labeling it as Sitdown restaurant, but they could just be confusing QSR with lots of seating.
I’ve not been following every detail here but I belive the building with the ship is QSR. This is separate to “the Cantina” for clarity. Neither is classed as a TSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom