News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, we lost those massive pine trees on the berm looming over the Mansion's extended queue. It may have been necessary, though and the new vegetation has grown in rather nicely, despite the inappropriate decrepit brick walls (serving some kind of purpose?) and aesthetically questionable railings that I saw morons climbing up onto on a grad night last week.

brb1006

i-hnVBcQx-O.png

The tunnel is also gone too. Wonder if the arch was unsalvageable. Seems weird they went out of their way to keep it so long.

I'd say we only have a handful of days left in the Chalet's life at this point.
Disneyland is moving fast.

jmuboy

As I understand it, the walls are to help create flat / more level planting areas for trees to grow. The older trees were too large and with wind a hazard for falling. The new magnolia trees are location appropriate and will look great as they grow in.

Well, we lost those massive pine trees on the berm looming over the Mansion's extended queue. It may have been necessary, though and the new vegetation has grown in rather nicely, despite the inappropriate decrepit brick walls (serving some kind of purpose?) and aesthetically questionable railings that I saw morons climbing up onto on a grad night last week.

jmuboy

I'm most amazed to see how the back of the ROA comes together. How they landscape this area and "repair " the current scared landscape we have now. RoAs back areas were such a big old Forest. How they bring this back will be fascinating.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Is it just me or does it look like more than HALF of the ROA is gone..

It's a bit misleading because of the fact the front half is still full of water. It particularly exaggerates the difference.

A guy on Mice Chat's Facebook page posted this image taken from a helicopter. It really drives home just how big the Star Wars area will be.

View attachment 144844

You can somewhat see the outline of the two dirt mounds for the MF attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom