News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If you'd like to read more about DSNY reporting false, or unsubstantiated, rumors as statements of fact, and being called out for it, here is a link:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/one-mans-dream-may-be-closing-soon.929102/page-4#post-7827043

He isn't a bad person, and as I said before - he has gotten better with his sourcing/reporting. But if you're going to monetize other people's information for your own personal gain - at least make an effort to distinguish news from rumor. Don't blur the line as has been done on many occasions. Honestly...that's not much to ask.

He and other Youtubers are not journalists, I don't believe he or any of the others are pretending to be. Again we are talking about rumors and as such ALL of them should be taken with a grain of salt. Look I don't really care about this guy or any other Youtubers. But its easy for someone such as yourself to slam a guy sitting here on a forum. Like I said if you have such a problem with it then put yourself out there and make your own videos. I'm sure you'll find its not as easy as you think it is.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh my... a new video, he starts off by saying, "I got four words for you: Galaxy Edge, New Details" :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

"This information was first reported by the OC Register"

*checks a page back on this very thread*

that OC Register article is rather sloppy and almost pointless.

And this is why people say he just regurgitates things on the internet.

spacemt354

Chili's
Again selectively pulling out one sentence while ignoring the rest. Context is everything, and you missed it all, and its not the first time. Have a good day sir.
I don't respond to the rest of your post because it's the same fluff you've said for the last few responses. I get it - you don't agree with me, I don't need to repeat things to someone who obviously doesn't agree.

But then you accuse me of slamming him when I never once said anything malicious about him as a person. I've been consistent with my constructive criticism, which is something that isn't that much, in my opinion, to ask from a newscast. You have been all over the place with your defense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't respond to the rest of your post because it's the same fluff you've said for the last few responses. I get it - you don't agree with me, I don't need to repeat things to someone who obviously doesn't agree.

But then you accuse me of slamming him when I never once said anything malicious about him as a person. I've been consistent with my constructive criticism, which is something that isn't that much, in my opinion, to ask from a newscast. You have been all over the place with your defense.

Again you missed the context, what I was stating as you slamming was his content not him as a person. To which I stated if you believe his content is incorrect and you can do better then create your own.

spacemt354

Chili's
Again you missed the context, what I was stating as you slamming was his content not him as a person. To which I stated if you believe his content is incorrect and you can do better then create your own.
giphy.gif

NobodyElse

It's confusing because that OC Register article is rather sloppy and almost pointless.

What's that you say? Three (professional?) writers, and presumably a supervising editor produced this sentence: "It is a massive structure that nearly takes up nearly a quarter of Galaxy’s Edge."

Was there a word-count quota they were trying to hit? Did they send it to "the department of redundancy department" for the final check before publishing?

Pixieish

What's that you say? Three (professional?) writers, and presumably a supervising editor produced this sentence: "It is a massive structure that nearly takes up nearly a quarter of Galaxy’s Edge."

Was there a word-count quota they were trying to hit? Did they send it to "the department of redundancy department" for the final check before publishing?
Editing hasn't been what it's supposed to be since the beginning of "instant news"...things seem like they rarely even get spell-checked these days.

Old Mouseketeer

Oh my... a new video, he starts off by saying, "I got four words for you: Galaxy Edge, New Details" :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, one problem with his headline is that it's hardly the "exact layout". The OC Register SWL diagram doesn't match up with the shapes on the model, and the DL park map keeps the BTR buildings and backstage facilities, as noted upthread. This is typical of the Register's coverage of DL going back decades.

Last edited:

jmuboy

I am a grumpy old man, that's been my gig for about 20 years now. And that YouTube kid is still annoying. Although I was tickled to be briefly lumped in with those who are merely "middle aged", so thank you for that. :D

As for the BS and drama, I've been talking online about Disneyland since 1995 on the alt.disney.disneyland Usenet boards via a dial-up 28K and then a hyperfast 56K modem. This concept has always been about BS and drama, which is why it exists and why it is fun. But if you think I am full of BS and drama, you would have absolutely hated Al Lutz.

But the good news for everyone is, to balance out the grumpy old men and the BS and the drama and the annoying YouTube kid who steals online rumors as "Latest Details!", we have our favorite lady blogger. All she does is work quietly to provide fabulous videos from various places around the park to get the very latest on Star Wars construction, set to tastefully selected instrumental music. Perfection!

Here's her latest offering from Toontown taken Friday... Star Wars is definitely having an aesthetic impact on Mickey's little neighborhood on his birthday weekend!

I was in college and discovered alt.disneyland in 95. 22 years later I wonder how Many hours of my life have been spent discussing Disneyland??

TP2000

I was in college and discovered alt.disneyland in 95. 22 years later I wonder how Many hours of my life have been spent discussing Disneyland??

I've wondered the exact same thing. It's terrifying to think about really. :arghh:

The Golden Age was really 1999 to 2003, when we had the likes of Cynthia Harriss and PRESSLER! to talk about. And with Al Lutz dishing the dirt and juicy gossip, and hilarious online cheerleader's like "Marcie" over on Mouseinfo or Jon Nadelberg over on LP trying to spin it all as if DCA was a big hit and everything was just fine. It was hysterically funny back in those days, and filled with huge amounts of BS and drama!

Things today are far more polite and far more bland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom