News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TROR

Pardon me, but "ISD to FOSD" ?
Imperial Star Destroyer and First Order Star Destroyer

Yeah they could of done better. Not to mention it sounds too much like Jakku.
Had they just thrown in an 'n' and made it Bantu I'd like it a lot more, but according to Google that's an ethnicity of an African people. Why not Bantooine, though? Already have Tatooine and Dantooine...

britain

Imperial Star Destroyer and First Order Star Destroyer

Had they just thrown in an 'n' and made it Bantu I'd like it a lot more, but according to Google that's an ethnicity of an African people. Why not Bantooine, though? Already have Tatooine and Dantooine...

I'm sure they did their legal due diligence, and their 'internet mockery' due diligence.

spacemt354

Chili's
Granted we have had Dantooine and Tatooine.

But Ahch-to, Jakku, now Batuu. I actually like the name, but it just continues sort of the issue I had with Ep 7 that the planets were kinda forgettable. Having them all sort of rhyme I dont think helps :p

George Lucas on a Bench

This is not quite true. Both Florida and Tokyo started out with the same well-kept look that Disneyland always had. It wasn’t until a decade or two later that the geometric gardens were ripped out in favor of overgrown foliage and the brick repainted to be weathered. @Djali999 could weigh in on this some more.

WDW
Haunted-Mansion-1960s.jpg

Indeed. Look at that beautiful front lawn with its perfectly-manicured faded neon Florida grass. Also, no awning or trees blocking your view of the dinky Wayne Manor house. It looks like the early 1970s employees used the benches George Lucas would eventually sit on as a makeshift barrier between the entrance and exit. Wow!

*Japanese version removed due to cultural differences

No Name

I'm confused.
edit: That one diagram in the article is super incorrect. It doesn't show the land taking up any of the former backstage space.
Now I'm even more confused.

I think it sounds a lot like Naboo too. The land looks a bit like Naboo, to me.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I'm confused.
edit: That one diagram in the article is super incorrect. It doesn't show the land taking up any of the former backstage space.

I think it sounds a lot like Naboo too. The land looks a bit like Naboo, to me.

They should have just called it Nabooine.

TP2000

Surprised no one dropped this in here yet. Very detailed article from reporters that saw the blueprints.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/1...rs-galaxys-edge-and-this-is-what-they-show-2/

Hmmm I see absolutely nothing that indicates more space in the land next to Alcatraz

I'm confused.

It's confusing because that OC Register article is rather sloppy and almost pointless. The sketches and images they included, especially that park map, are wildly inaccurate and outdated. That park map left in all the support buildings that were torn down in 2015, and left the Big Thunder Ranch and Festival Arena that was torn down in 2016. They apparently let some intern come up with this map for the Friday deadline. :rolleyes:

1119_fea_ocr-l-swland-map.gif

What we really need is a more recent version of this aerial image from last summer. There has been over four months of rapid construction since this was taken and I imagine there's a lot of new stuff to see if only we could get a Cessna up over the Resort area. Maybe for Christmas?

20170723_111011-cropped.jpg

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's confusing because that OC Register article is rather sloppy and almost pointless. The sketches and images they included, especially that park map, are wildly inaccurate and outdated. That park map left in all the support buildings that were torn down in 2015, and left the Big Thunder Ranch and Festival Arena that was torn down in 2016. They apparently let some intern come up with this map for the Friday deadline. :rolleyes:

1119_fea_ocr-l-swland-map.gif

What we really need is a more recent version of this aerial image from last summer. There has been over four months of rapid construction since this was taken and I imagine there's a lot of new stuff to see if only we could get a Cessna up over the Resort area. Maybe for Christmas?

20170723_111011-cropped.jpg

Or maybe we could pay a kid with a drone $50? ;)

Anyway this is the kind of stuff Fresh Baked should be doing. Illegal stuff to give us angles of SWL we haven’t seen yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom