News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

mergatroid

We arrive at MCO on the afternoon of 12th September (staying offsite). Any idea what time the parking lot will open on the 13th, any point in getting there at 4am to start queuing?

Last edited:

KrazyKat

Looks like the MF is complete!!!

screename529

I can't for the life of me understand the people who are angry with Disney for "shooting themselves in the foot" as far as PR goes.

First of all, who cares? Secondly, wouldn't bad media reports that are only bad because the RotR isn't open be a good thing? Less people going seems good to me. Obviously we wouldn't want to find out Galaxy's Edge sucks but sign me up for less hype. Either way, I think they'll survive.

dothebrdwalk

BlogMickey is reporting that according to Disney, no Previews of any sort for Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland will occur. They are still evaluating the possibility of this for Hollywood Studios.

Is it the land won't be finished in time for a week of openings or is there some crazy bigger strategy here from Disney that we'll all understand soon? I'm so confused with these decisions!

NickMaio

I predict that hollywood studios will be at their capacity and close their doors within 1 hour of the gates opening. For the first couple of days to maybe a week.

Casper Gutman

Here’s the million-dollar-question for insiders (if this has already been asked and answered, please forgive the repetition) -

Is RotR still scheduled to open on the expected dates, or is the phased opening an indication that RotRs debut will be further in the future then we anticipated?

Muffinpants

Here’s the million-dollar-question for insiders (if this has already been asked and answered, please forgive the repetition) -

Is RotR still scheduled to open on the expected dates, or is the phased opening an indication that RotRs debut will be further in the future then we anticipated?
It said later this year .. so im assuming it has to be open before Xmas .

HauntedMansionFLA

Hi! I'm arriving in september 16th. And I'm a little bit worried about the crowds. Do you think that the other three parks are going to be less crowded?
Food & Wine will be going on at Epcot. MK is always crowded. People will trying to get on FoP at DAK. Parents will be taking their kids out of school to go on vacation. If I was betting, it will be packed everywhere.

djkidkaz

Disney knows what they are doing. You have two major e-tickets to open, why do them both at once? Would it look nice and be pleasing to guests to open it all at once? Sure. But when you look at it from financial perspective, I’ve just spent a bajillion dollars on two rides, how do I maximize a return on the investment. You get to open the same land twice basically. I’m sure there are plenty of Star Wars crazies that will fly out twice to make sure they are there at both opening days of each attraction. Studios will have three large openings this year and that is crazy! If MMRR is as good as people are suggesting the word of mouth will just continue to increase the attendance like it did with Flight of Passage.

Skibum1970

Did I understand it correctly that you have to make reservations to even get into SWL or was that for Disneyland only? I think that it was talking about the first four weeks. I wonder if that is to help with the flood of crowds and to give them more time to get RoTR open. Probably not the latter, I would guess.

jt04

Both versions are working on it. It’s normal test and adjust.

It has no bearing on the split ride opening decision.

Ironically I heard one of the reasons GE was pacing ahead of schedule is the lessons learned at Disneyland. But if you are right about it only being minor issues they are probably unique to each park. Encouraging in either case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom