News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

SuddenStorm

Screenshot_20190620-135357_Disneyland.jpg

Yeah, there are- not much though.

mickEblu

I think it is possible to do all of it. If you want to do the Cantina, you need to go straight there. Here is my recommended plan of action if you want to do the Cantina and droid.

- Only one person needs to wait to get on the Cantina list. When I was there they made an announcement on what CM to follow for the Cantina line. Have one person be as close to the front of the line as possible and follow the CM. No running allowed. If you pass the Cantina line CM, they threaten to send you to the back of the line. The one person can make the reservation for the whole party and you will get a text message when it is time to come back.
- Another person goes straight for the droid and gets in line. I don't believe there is any list to get in. You just have to wait it out. After one person gets on the Cantina list you can meet back up. I wasn't interested in doing the droid thing, but anytime I walked by it was long. There didn't seem to be a better time. You can always going int through the back entrance if you just want to look around.

The middle two hours are when you want to ride the Falcon. It is usually in the 15-30 minute range during those middle two hours. The 1st and 4th hours it can swell to 45 or more.

Also they let you in through Critter Country. People start hanging around about an hour before their scheduled time. If CM's say there is no advantage to waiting around, don't believe them. They start scanning people in at the entrance least 30 minutes if not earlier before the scheduled entrance time and you hang out in a holding area near ROTR. If you show up 10 minutes before your scheduled time, you will be at the back of the line. Also this allows you to see resistance forest area if you show up early.

They may have made slight changes since I went, but it flowed pretty smooth this way so I doubt there was many.

Thank you!

Everything I've read lately makes the cantina seem impossible. I read somewhere that someone waited in line for 3 hours just to be told he wasn't going to make it inside. So it sounds like they changed it to a reservation system? Is it just me or are the Ronto wraps the runaway food hit of the land? I've read mixed reviews on everything else. Are there any of the other shops (not droids or Savvis) that we should prioritize or wait for those middle 2 hours?

Last edited:

Rich T

I saw someone on Twitter today complain about the lack of overall color in GE. Said it felt like walking into a sepia-toned movie.

Anyone who's been wanna chime in on that?
I'm sitting here looking at a couple of dozen photos my friend tweeted to me from GE, and COLORLESS is a good word for the look of the place. Bland, unappealing, junky, dull, washed-out, dreary... The queue for either version of Star Tours is/was a hundred times more fun-looking than this.

Travel Junkie

A river splitting the land in half (turning into waterfalls along the Rivers of America) would’ve been a great addition to the land. Adds kinetic energy and looks good.

Agreed. The entire land lacks kinetic energy. No vehicles, no water. Both rides are indoors. Droids moving around may help, but not nearly enough.

Everything I've read lately makes the cantina seem impossible. I read somewhere that someone waited in line for 3 hours just to be told he wasn't going to make it inside. So it sounds like they changed it to a reservation system? Is it just me or are the Ronto wraps the runaway food hit of the land? I've read mixed reviews on everything else. Are there any of the other shops (not droids or Savvis) that we should prioritize or wait for those middle 2 hours?

I know they changed the Cantina after the first few days. When I was there they walked anyone looking for a reservation time over. They had a bunch of people with devices and took your name, phone number and number in your party. Then they would text you when ready. Supposedly they are only taking reservations for people up to the end of each 4 hours period. If you went in between 2-6, your group will only be allowed to get a reservation until 6pm. Once they reach that point they will issue no more until the next group comes in. That is why it is important to go there first and try and be near the front of that line as they will get through the 4 hour allotment quickly. They have enough cm's taking names to get through the line pretty fast.

I didn't personally try the food. I've heard the Ronto wrap is good.

The antiquity shop was pretty cool and is the must see shop. They have an AA in there and a lot of stuff to look at. There was a small line to get into that. Five minutes at the most. The other shops in the marketplace are out in the open so you can walk by and stop at anything that looks interesting. There is a lot of detail in the shops so it pays to look at not only the merch but all the other stuff around it. All the merch is expensive but virtually all of it looks like it is high quality and is unique.

D.Silentu

Everything I've read lately makes the cantina seem impossible. I read somewhere that someone waited in line for 3 hours just to be told he wasn't going to make it inside.
Unfortunate to hear, sadder still since we predicted this long ago. I have not yet been, but I don't think this is a case where time will ease the crowds to satisfactory levels. They might do well to redesign the cantina into part of the larger space they had saved for a restaurant, or at least expand it if there is room.

fctiger

If you think Disney won't do it for real, well......I enjoy your sunny outlook.

They might some day, but I doubt in any of our life times. They know that would just be asking for trouble. And what's the point? People will see almost anything with Star Wars on the title if you throw in enough known characters.

Figments Friend

So with all the recent reviews touching on the CMs placed in Batuu having 'attitude', being 'disinterested', and not behaving like a typical Disney CM is expected to by Guests, has anyone considered that quite possibly the Batuu Cast are simply 'playing their roles' in that particular area?

Think about it -
Batuu is supposed to be this somewhat shifty environment populated by scrupulous personalities from the fringes of the Galaxy...all based or passing through this 'outpost' in space.
Perhaps the Cast behavior ...the 'snark', 'dimssimness' and 'irritation' some are sensing with their interactions while visiting the land are all meant to be a part of the experience.

Something to consider.
;)

-

TROR

So with all the recent reviews touching on the CMs placed in Batuu having 'attitude', being 'disinterested', and not behaving like a typical Disney CM is expected to by Guests, has anyone considered that quite possibly the Batuu Cast are simply 'playing their roles' in that particular area?

Think about it -
Batuu is supposed to be this somewhat shifty environment populated by scrupulous personalities from the fringes of the Galaxy...all based or passing through this 'outpost' in space.
Perhaps the Cast behavior ...the 'snark', 'dimssimness' and 'irritation' some are sensing with their interactions while visiting the land are all meant to be a part of the experience.

Something to consider.
;)

-
“Hey man, why are you trying to stab me?”
“It’s just part of the show, man!”
“In that case, wonderful theming! Bravo!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom