News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Ours looked better than that. I thought the chicken loaf was really tasty, but I think some people may be a bit put off by the "loaf" aspect of it--kind of like Johnny Carson's justly famous quip: "What part of the chicken are the 'nuggets'?"

And the gravy looks grayish-green in this picture and ours was definitely light brown. I sampled both the ribs and the chicken and I preferred the ribs. Also, I had friends give me mixed reviews of the shrimp and noodles.

But here's a hot rumor: Everyone I have talked to said they thought the sporks at Docking Bay Seven were: a) totally awesome and metal not plastic, b) they were going to "walk away in large numbers", and c) they should sell them as a souvenir and they would make a bundle. Well, now I hear they no longer stock them at the condiments bar--they give them out with your order, and they are showing up on ebay!
How would rate the food???

Hawg G

so did Disney give out very little to the "media" I saw no reviews of all the food, from free samples. Not even blue milk samples.

Disney World seems to bury media in food, this seemed like a day early in the land, an on ride video, and a chance to see the grand opening.

Jedismith77

Introducing the Black Kyber Crystal and Sith Holocron!!! Galaxies Edge is my new home and what luck!
#GalaxiesEdge #KyberCrystal #Disneyland #Lightsaber #Sith #BlackKyberCrystal #SithHolocron #Holocron #StarWars #DokOndors

Attachments

• 20190602_015415.jpg
    20190602_015415.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20190602_020255.jpg
    20190602_020255.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190601_232618.jpg
    20190601_232618.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20190602_020014.jpg
    20190602_020014.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 20190601_225124.jpg
    20190601_225124.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 123

Jedismith77

When you run into a friend and he says, hey, wanna go to Star Wars?

#GalaxiesEdge #KyberCrystal #Disneyland #Lightsaber #Sith #BlackKyberCrystal #SithHolocron #Holocron #StarWars #DokOndors

Attachments

• 20190601_233144.jpg
    20190601_233144.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20190601_232149.jpg
    20190601_232149.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190602_020255.jpg
    20190602_020255.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20190602_020020.jpg
    20190602_020020.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190602_015235.jpg
    20190602_015235.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190602_015022.jpg
    20190602_015022.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20190601_233630.jpg
    20190601_233630.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20190601_225459.jpg
    20190601_225459.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190601_233159.jpg
    20190601_233159.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190601_221918.jpg
    20190601_221918.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 114

ThemedScream

Ours looked better than that. I thought the chicken loaf was really tasty, but I think some people may be a bit put off by the "loaf" aspect of it--kind of like Johnny Carson's justly famous quip: "What part of the chicken are the 'nuggets'?"

And the gravy looks grayish-green in this picture and ours was definitely light brown. I sampled both the ribs and the chicken and I preferred the ribs. Also, I had friends give me mixed reviews of the shrimp and noodles.

I agree that the chicken loaf itself was better than it looked. The mashed potatoes, imo, weren't too great. However, the gravy I got with that dish was definitely a light shade of green. I would say I preferred the ribs as well.

JD2000

Is there any review of Smuggler's Run that really goes into detail of each position's controls? I want to know EVERYTHING!

George Lucas on a Bench

I've heard there's no bgm and from watching videos, yeah. There's no music? People are saying this is for "immersion". Like, there shouldn't be music playing. That doesn't seem right to me at all. The Star War movies feature almost wall-to-wall music, like Disney theme parks. You have access to John Williams and you don't even use him for ambient underscore for this place? Someone tell me they just haven't flipped the on switch yet or something. If immersion means no music, I vote less immersion.

Ismael Flores

ok i visited Batuu yesterday....

got there at 11:30 fir a 2pm entry.
they allowed me to check in at that time because line was very short.

the park was nice and manageable with ride times non existent. had lunch and rode splash and thunder mountain.

they lined everyone up at 1:30 i decided to sit and wait in comfort. lined up at 1:50 and they let everyone in and stopped crowd in the resistance area that is all green before entrance if rise.
everything was very well organized.

At exactly 2pm they let everyone in. friends and I stepped aside where the entrance for Rise is and enjoyed the area while everyone rushed in.
the groups are overlapped so the previous group still had an hour to go.

because if that line for smugglers was at 69 minutes and lines for milk, and some shops were long. the cantina was extremely long.

we didnt care we decides we were not going to rush or waste time in lines and just explored the place. The land is amazing, the castmembers were playing their part and enjoying it.
we explored the market area which is actually not as small as i thought with wide walkway.
di wish they had more props and merchandise stacked up. reminded me of my trips to the market places in Egypt and Turkey minus the clutter.
The theming is amazing.

also decided to try the deserts and drinks in the hanger bay. they were all good.
the castmember there were great in character.

when we approached the order area she told us the meats were all well cooked and delicious. my friend turned to me and said. “ as ling as i get avfee tentacles to chew on”. and this set the castmember into a fun conversation. she heard and responded with a sorry outsider we dont serve (some strange creature name) and we also dont do (another creature). the conversation then continued with some fun back and forth.
at this point we decided to okay along some more.
we happened to see a native standing by a cool looking flowering plant so i decided to test the person.

i went up to him and asked. excuse me sir may i ask if you know what the name of that native plant is. his response was great.

No, i am not one to care to know the name of the flora of Batuu but if you really insist ti know when you take your ship of world to the main land there is a place the call the city hall that seems to keep records of Batuu flora.

Ismael Flores

suggestions to enjoy Batuu.

when you first go in don’t rush to rides or cantina or even dok Ondors.

when we went in the place was packed then in the second hour and third all lines dropped.

smugglers went from an hour to a fast 15 minutes.
Dok Ondors was a walk in
blue milk went from 30 minutes to a walk up
and cantina went from a huge line to a 15 minute wait.

just make sure you get those things done before your fourth hour starts because they let another group in and everyone runs. to cantina and blue milk and smugglers.

so remember your first and last hour overlap with other groups.
i did see people lingering around past their four hour time especially if they were in line for cantina.

They had lots of castmembers in theme and several not in theme helping out

chewbaca, Rey, Kylo and stormtroopers were out as well

Last edited:

mickEblu

I've heard there's no bgm and from watching videos, yeah. There's no music? People are saying this is for "immersion". Like, there shouldn't be music playing. That doesn't seem right to me at all. The Star War movies feature almost wall-to-wall music, like Disney theme parks. You have access to John Williams and you don't even use him for ambient underscore for this place? Someone tell me they just haven't flipped the on switch yet or something. If immersion means no music, I vote less immersion.

Why, you don’t like the sounds of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog barking at you the entire ride?

mickEblu

suggestions to enjoy Batuu.

when you first go in don’t rush to rides or cantina or even dok Indors.

when we went in the place was packed then in the second hour and third all lines dropped.

smugglers went from an hour to a fast 15 minutes.
Dok Ondors was a walk in
blue milk went from 30 minutes to a walk up
and cantina went from a huge line to a 15 minute wait.

just make sure you get those things done before your fourth hour starts because they let another group in and everyone runs. to cantina and blue milk and smugglers.

so remember your first and last hour overlap with other groups.
i did see people lingering around past their four hour time especially if they were in line for cantina.

They had lots of castmembers in theme and several not in theme helping out

chewbaca, Rey, Kylo and stormtroopers were out as well

So are we going to get a ride review?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
More operational changes:

Interesting. I wonder if Oga’s will also be added to the virtual queue they will be using for the rides once the reservation system ends on 6/23. It makes sense since the capacity is low and the demand should be really high for a long time.

dothebrdwalk

2 Things:

1) Reading lots of reports on Twitter about rude Cast Members in the Cantina. Anyone experience this?

2) After watching a video of Savi's its amazing to me how much emotion the Star Wars Music really holds on me, and how incredible the experience was with it. I wish we could have BGM in the land so badly. I get it's not "realistic" but c'mon, what is Star Wars without it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom