News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

And several months ago the Cast Members over on Micechat already spilled the beans on all these characters and their locations/stories that were once planned for the land. Before Mr. Chapek cut them from the budget and made Ky'le from Tustin a character instead.

Chris Beatty is a WDI executive toeing the company line at a public industry trade event. He has a Tesla payment and a mortgage in Pasadena to pay for, after all, so he has to talk a good game. Nothing more.

In short, and I'm rarely this impolite, put up or shut up Mr. Beatty. 🧐
You should be impolite more often. Good for the soul. Besides sometimes you just gotta call something like it is without mincing words.

RobWDW1971

Would love to hear Scott and Margaret compare the "Star Wars" land they created to what you actually see in the Mandalorian with wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, etc. As I said in another thread, watching that is a kick in the crotch and just a reminder of what a complete joke this abandoned movie set they built really is. But hey, there's an app, where you can decode a crate and blah, blah, blah...

Mickeyboof

Over on the DHS Threads, it’s pretty clear Batuu East is getting an X Wing flyby for the Rise press event.

I can’t imagine Disneyland will get the same effects, especially because behind the land are the giant offload roads from the parking structures...

SSG

According to MC, these themed beverage carts are on the way:

Three new refreshment carts, made to look like droid-driven vehicles, are backstage waiting installation. Each cart is painted to look like a different Coke product. There’s a red Coke cart, a silver Diet Coke cart, and a green Sprite cart. We have a photo of a similar cart that is on stage in Orlando’s version of the land. The droids do have limited movement and sounds.

Disneyland-News-Star-Wars-Coke-Droid-Cart-MiceChat.jpg

Mickeyboof

Three new refreshment carts, made to look like droid-driven vehicles, are backstage waiting installation. Each cart is painted to look like a different Coke product. There’s a red Coke cart, a silver Diet Coke cart, and a green Sprite cart. We have a photo of a similar cart that is on stage in Orlando’s version of the land. The droids do have limited movement and sounds.

View attachment 428499

This could be their big chance to have some quality interactive droids.

Buttttttt they blew it.

RobWDW1971

This could be their big chance to have some quality interactive droids.

Buttttttt they blew it.

It's actually pretty insulting - the most prevalent criticism of SWGE is that it is an abandoned, lifeless movie set. So how to they fix that? Wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, Jedi? Nope, a tricked out ODV cart. See, we ARE investing in what we care about!

I like the cart, don’t get me wrong, but wow, simply, wow.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

It's actually pretty insulting - the most prevalent criticism of SWGE is that it is an abandoned, lifeless movie set. So how to they fix that? Wandering aliens, droids, bounty hunters, Jedi? Nope, a tricked out ODV cart. See, we ARE investing in what we care about! Wow. Simply, wow.

They really need to hire the person the company that did the dinosaurs for Universal and have them create interactive alien creatures. That alone would be such a big improvement and they have plenty of green space for at least two or three to meet with guests or just roam around

BubbaQuest

View attachment 428499

So the future (or the past) is abandoned space advertising? Why is this starting to feel more Blade Runner than Star Wars?

The Grand Inquisitor

Rise of the resistance looks so good! Over on the Orlando page they said the ride will be narrated by a new character named Lieutenant Bek. He is the same species as Admiral Ackbar(RIP:cry:). From the footage I believe he is voiced by Tom Kane who previously did the voice work for Ackbar.

mickEblu

Rise of the resistance looks so good! Over on the Orlando page they said the ride will be narrated by a new character named Lieutenant Bek. He is the same species as Admiral Ackbar(RIP:cry:). From the footage I believe he is voiced by Tom Kane who previously did the voice work for Ackbar.

of course if Rian Johnson didn’t needlessly and unceremoniously kill off Ackbar it could have been him narrating it.

180º

The ride will be narrated? Oh no. I hope it’s a puppet Mon Calamari on a little video screen on the ride vehicles buzzing in every few minutes to let us know we have to get to the rebel base before our big premiere. You’re going to be a sensation!
Delighted to hear you’ve internalized my Superstar Wars Limo post from last spring. :)

1. Superstar Wars Limo
It may be delayed, but this attraction will be well worth the wait. Join Rey, Finn, and their agent Swifty LaRue on a daring escape from a First Order Star Destroyer. When the Resistance leaves them high and dry after a contract dispute, our heroes – and YOU – must find a way out before Kylo Ren unplugs the WiFi router or else you’ll be stranded inside and miss your dinner reservation at Café Orleans. Capiche? Must be 40” tall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom