News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Either way, this is great news for Star Tours. I'm glad this ride haven't just been abandoned now that GE is open. And it still gets higher waits than SR at times. The ride is still highly popular, especially since the 2.0 additions.
Yes. Because it should be the falcon. Why else build Galaxy’s Edge?

Also why hasn’t toy story mania gotten their updated marketing scenes??

How do you know the Falcon isn’t getting anything? It just opened.

I agree. Midway Mania should’ve gotten some new stuff and the Halloween version by now.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Interesting that you learned about the holiday special, because SW fans who actually seen it admitted that Bea Arthur's character (Ackmena) to be the best part of the special. Since most of them actually felt genuinely sorry for her. Bea Arthur done this performance for her youngest son, who was a big star wars fan. Ackhmena even got mentioned in two Star Wars book from 2016 and 2017.
Why would they fell sorry for her when she got a paycheck for it? not like she was some great actress who took a step down like Deniro when he did those focker movies. its prob her same characther from golden girls only we now get to see her day job.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Either way, this is great news for Star Tours. I'm glad this ride haven't just been abandoned now that GE is open. And it still gets higher waits than SR at times. The ride is still highly popular, especially since the 2.0 additions.
says a lot doesn't it that star tours gets bigger line than a ride where you get to fly THE MILLENIUM FALCON. This is what happens when guests cant walk up the ramp

mickEblu

How do you know the Falcon isn’t getting anything? It just opened.

I agree. Midway Mania should’ve gotten some new stuff and the Halloween version by now.

I think Falcon will get a new mission when ROTR opens as part of a relaunching of the land. That would be the smart thing to do anyway.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
says a lot doesn't it that star tours gets bigger line than a ride where you get to fly THE MILLENIUM FALCON. This is what happens when guests cant walk up the ramp

It says more about Fastpass than anything. Star Tours was a walk on the last time I was there while SR was 45-50.

lifeisgoodboy

I was going to say this might be the last time when they change the star tours ride because of the demolisning in 2025-26. They are going to make more movies of Star wars 2022, 24,and 26.

TP2000

Sorry, but Bea Arthur’s Maude was just a snarky egotistical old woman.

Well, yeah. That was sort of the gag to the show. Maybe you had to have been there?

I certainly didn't agree with Maude's politics, at least in 1973. (Funny how the lefty-liberal positions of 1973 became moderately-conservative positions by 2019) But I loved that show back then. She made the bleeding heart Liberal of the Nixon era kind of lovable, and fun to watch. And she owned that scarf-and-caftan look like no one else could!

m1.jpg

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Oh yes, Star Wars Land.

Upon further reflection, I think it's interesting that they have another update for Star Tours ready to go. Obviously they've been working on that since before Star Wars Land opened. I imagine that when this was greenlit six or twelve months ago they thought this would be a nice relief valve for what they assumed would be an overcrowded Star Wars Land in an overcrowded theme park, on both coasts. Funny how that worked out. Now it's just sort of a throw-em-a-bone marketing gimmick for a new movie that is oddly not placed in the big new Billion Dollar Land they built for that movie franchise.

Oops! :oops:

Mr. Chapek, tell me again how Star Wars Land snack bar hostesses and shop clerks will IMMERSE me in their backstory?

EPCOTCenterLover

Well, yeah. That was sort of the gag to the show. Maybe you had to have been there?

I certainly didn't agree with Maude's politics, at least in 1973. (Funny how the lefty-liberal positions of 1973 became moderately-conservative positions by 2019) But I loved that show back then. She made the bleeding heart Liberal of the Nixon era kind of lovable, and fun to watch. And she owned that scarf-and-caftan look like no one else could!

m1.jpg

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Oh yes, Star Wars Land.

Upon further reflection, I think it's interesting that they have another update for Star Tours ready to go. Obviously they've been working on that since before Star Wars Land opened. I imagine that when this was greenlit six or twelve months ago they thought this would be a nice relief valve for what they assumed would be an overcrowded Star Wars Land in an overcrowded theme park, on both coasts. Funny how that worked out. Now it's just sort of a throw-em-a-bone marketing gimmick for a new movie that is oddly not placed in the big new Billion Dollar Land they built for that movie franchise.

Oops! :oops:

Mr. Chapek, tell me again how Star Wars Land snack bar hostesses and shop clerks will IMMERSE me in their backstory?
I was there. That type of “I’m superior to you” attitude was tiresome even back then, more so now.

DanielBB8

I didn't appreciate Bea Arthur until the Golden Girls. She was an older person's comic actor. I don't even remember the Star Wars holiday specials similar to not caring about the Sequel Trilogy debacle. I watched the latest Star Wars include Rogue and I barely remember any of them. It is sad that the Rise of Skywalker trailers didn't feature Batuu at all. That's the whole basis for Galaxy's Edge. Leave Batuu out, the land loses all meaning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom