News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Phroobar

One thing we never really answered is does those four expensive nvidia graphics cards that generate the scenes on MF:TR really make it look more impressive than something on a PS4 Pro or XBox One X. Even though you can move in any direction, you are still on rails. It's not open world like most video games are today.

With power like that, it could have been open world and the gunners really could have been aiming for targets instead of just pushing buttons constantly. Damage could actually be taken. You could fly Hondo's mission or just fly around shooting stuff. Maybe pick up cargo elsewhere?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One thing we never really answered is does those four expensive nvidia graphics cards that generate the scenes on MF:TR really make it look more impressive than something on a PS4 Pro or XBox One X. Even though you can move in any direction, you are still on rails. It's not open world like most video games are today.

With power like that, it could have been open world and the gunners really could have been aiming for targets instead of just pushing buttons constantly. Damage could actually be taken. You could fly Hondo's mission or just fly around shooting stuff. Maybe pick up cargo elsewhere?

Open world would not have fit a five minute adventure with four year old pilots.

ParkPeeker

I could see them making 'open world' work in a 5 minute ride if they left the beginning and ending of the ride heavily scripted and have the middle be very open. But the more I think about it, idk how most guests would feel about having pretty much full control to do anything. I personally think it would be cool if the ride was more open.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Open world? Some of the old cranks on here could barely tolerate pushing a button every once a while. Having the kids that inevitably get picked to be pilots be able to fly in any direction would be funny though.

lifeisgoodboy

Open world? Some of the old cranks on here could barely tolerate pushing a button every once a while. Having the kids that inevitably get picked to be pilots be able to fly in any direction would be funny though.

or the kid and parents will just hold hands though the ride and not fly the falcon. This happen to me once. I was the engineer. I was fixing the ship that they kept on crashing every second. That was not fun.

jerryp49

They should replace Hondo with Honda
barbarella_header.jpg

Professortango1

The difference is 1. REX is very likable and loveable from the start 2. Hondo is boring with a horrible accent 3. REX is not known for being connected to the MILLENIUM FALCON, THE MOST FAMOUS SHIP IN STAR WARS CANNON WITH THE MOST FAMOUS PILOT IN STAR WARS CANNON HAN SOLO. If they put him with the falcon instead of Hondo it would still make no sense and people would hate it equally. but a star speeder ship from STAR TOURS, a prev unknown vehicle in the universe until the ride debut, yeah REX can fly that. who cares about that ship? but if you make a MILLENIUM FALCON RIDE,we want HAN not HONDO

But Han is dead. I don't want to walk in and see a skeleton just sitting there. That's pretty boring.

Ismael Flores

park seems to be buys today again. Smuggler run has been on 75 minute for a while now. Guardians breakout was at 120 minute earlier today and down to 90 now and I can't believe anyone would wait 40 minutes for emotional whirlwind.

bshah365

Does anyone think SWGE will get holiday décor? W basically every single land decorated heavily in DL, it would seem a missed opportunity to not show how the residents of Batuu celebrate the holidays... what traditions they have, what foods they eat... etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom