News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why was Vi the hologram? I thought it was supposed to be Rey. Didn't Daisy Ridley even comment about being filmed 360 for the ride? Maybe the footage isn't finished. Maybe they think Vi is more marketable than the main stay of the new trilogy.
Could it be that Rey is later in the attraction.

Or how about misdirection. Wouldn't be the first time a Star Wars preview had something to hide the real outcome. It wouldn't even be the first time Disney has done it, Marvel previews all the time show things that end up being false in order to misdirect the audience.

TROR

Chapek GE Interview 🙃

When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/art...rs-galaxys-edge-opening-at-walt-disney-world/
"I'm not listening to complaints and this land will continue to fail then I'll act surprised when I get fired." - Bob Chapek

Phroobar

BubbaisSleep

I had a great first visit to Batuu 2 weeks ago. I thought the land was gorgeous, though the Smuggler's Run is themed too well I felt like we were in the wrong part of Tijuana at some point on the top floor. The ride itself was a blast but I had the luxury of riding with 5 people and being one of the pilots. Everyone behind us didn't look as excited as we did exiting but our whole group enjoyed the ride. We also had reservations at the Catina and we all had a great time there. The Fuzzy Tauntaun is the way to go. We asked our bartender if she could refill it with that mouth-numbing fuzzy stuff and she did. She was really upbeat and happy to have us at her bar-top.

I walked around the land & checked out everything as much as I could. My only complaint seems to echo others, as there isn't much to do outside of shopping. I was actually done with the land after some time, unlike Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade which I always want to stay around or visit the next day. More entertainment & maybe some of those interactive elements heading to the Star Wars hotel should make it's way into the land. I also tried the blue milk and liked it. It was pretty much a smoothie which I didn't mind on a hot day. Use the mobile order at this stand! No one was using it so I was able to cut a long line.

Attachments

• IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 44

SSG

Just watched the Florida GE dedication and they had a CM in a very impressive Hondo costume talking to the crowd. Of course, this will never be repeated for the regular guests. Seems like a miss, since a regular complaint is that most guests don't know or care about Hondo. So why not have him interacting with crowds? Just have him walk across the land telling people he needs crew members and to meet him at the Transport Solutions building. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

mickEblu

This has always been known. It’s a motion base drop element with screen use to simulate leaving a warship and heading to earth.

Edit:

Edit:

I was always under the impression that it was going to stop on multiple simulators throughout the ride.The Micechat quote leads me to believe now that it may only be the finale. Maybe they got cut? Or scrapped due to the issues. Or maybe the never existed

Disney Analyst

I was always under the impression that it was going to stop on multiple simulators throughout the ride.The Micechat quote leads me to believe now that it may only be the finale. Maybe they got cut? Or scrapped due to the issues. Or maybe the never existed

Alicia is still saying there are moments of it strapping into a moving base, like Kong does etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom