News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

TROR

The clip they showed at D23 was mind blowing. Goosebumps everywhere. If they have all those sparks... the blaster effects... that queue hologram... the saber cutting through the ceiling? Wow.
Why was Vi the hologram? I thought it was supposed to be Rey. Didn't Daisy Ridley even comment about being filmed 360 for the ride? Maybe the footage isn't finished. Maybe they think Vi is more marketable than the main stay of the new trilogy.

captveg

Why was Vi the hologram? I thought it was supposed to be Rey. Didn't Daisy Ridley even comment about being filmed 360 for the ride? Maybe the footage isn't finished. Maybe they think Vi is more marketable than the main stay of the new trilogy.

Maybe they both have messages that alternate.

TROR

Maybe they both have messages that alternate.
Randomized 👏 features 👏 do 👏 not 👏 increase 👏 ride-ability

If that's honestly the case, I best hope they make Rey the permanent one before I ever visit. Why would I want to see some nobody character as opposed to one of the three main heroes of the entire saga?

Disney Analyst

Randomized 👏 features 👏 do 👏 not 👏 increase 👏 ride-ability

If that's honestly the case, I best hope they make Rey the permanent one before I ever visit. Why would I want to see some nobody character as opposed to one of the three main heroes of the entire saga?

I was wondering why Vi was in the land in general. So this makes sense and ties her in far more. I assume Rey appears on the actual ride.

Snow Queen

Maybe it's the same deal as why no non-Vi face characters are on the ride posters? Don't have to pay to use their faces in ads?

Snow Queen

Why would they have to? They own the characters and easily can have the actors sign an agreeable contract.
I have no idea, that last bit's just speculation, but it really sticks out that they only used masked characters, aliens and Vi in the marketing and I'm left to assume there's some reason for it beyond choice, it feels far too deliberate to me.

Funbrians

The storm troopers are (reportedly) a mix of animatronics and static. When you have a crowd of people you only need movement from some to give the impression of movement for all.

They're also gonna have a huge "window" screen behind them with a space battle going on, and you'll be getting "captured" by the First Order and moved to "cells" while all this is going on, so that will presumably help is selling the experience.
Check my reply here with image.. Or the sub for "more stuff"

Funbrians

I mean when you're filming a ride with the lights on using a potato... I'm sure anything will look cheap.
EXACTLY.. I have shared tons of "Dark ride lights on pics" and there is one thing in common with all the Disney attractions.. they are atrocious with the lights on for the most part. People don't truly understand how important lighting is. Think of being in a haunted house and turning flood lights on.. completely ruined effect. Take a look at rides like Spaceship Earth.. I understand it's not high tech or new.. but black sheets and strings are a major portion of the environment.

DrAlice

The clip they showed at D23 was mind blowing. Goosebumps everywhere. If they have all those sparks... the blaster effects... that queue hologram... the saber cutting through the ceiling? Wow.
Agreed. Looks cool! (Also looks like it will terrify my kid. Oh well - I'll go on it while she and daddy go on the vomit-inducing simulator at the other end of the land. haha) However, it remains to be seen how this ride will ACTUALLY look and feel once it opens. I hope the budget survives. I hope they can get through the rumored tech issues. *fingers crossed*

A good ride is all a land needs for people to like it. Look at Radiator Springs Racers.
I think you're right. I just hope, for the parks' sakes, that ROTR coming so late to the party doesn't hurt things. Are people already jaded about the land because it is missing? Will that always color their experience? Or do they represent a small, disappointed minority. Time will tell, I guess.

truecoat

A good ride is all a land needs for people to like it. Look at Radiator Springs Racers. It is a good ride in a land that has a bad quick service restaurant and a bunch of generic poorly laid out shops, yet because of it people love Cars Land.

Isn't it modeled after the movie? I'm not sure how you wanted it to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom