News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

SamusAranX

I think we'll get clone wars flashbacks stuff with Anikan.

It's entirely possible we will get a flashback to a meeting of Ashoka and Vader. It'll probably be her handing Vader his because we have to constantly weaken the original characters.
Oh the horror! :rolleyes: you do realize that ahsoka already faced and held her own against Vader in Rebels right? Nothing about Vader is being weakened, and not everything has some agenda.

MagicHappens1971

Oh the horror! :rolleyes: you do realize that ahsoka already faced and held her own against Vader in Rebels right? Nothing about Vader is being weakened, and not everything has some agenda.
It’s ridiculous. I don’t see how it’s unfeasible that his own Padawan wouldn’t be able to hold her own against him. We’re also talking about one of the few Jedis to escape Order 66 and countless inquisitors…. Let’s get a grip. Ahsoka is powerful and that doesn’t “weaken” Vader.

Same for his appearance in Obi-Wan..

SamusAranX

It’s ridiculous. I don’t see how it’s unfeasible that his own Padawan wouldn’t be able to hold her own against him. We’re also talking about one of the few Jedis to escape Order 66 and countless inquisitors…. Let’s get a grip. Ahsoka is powerful and that doesn’t “weaken” Vader.

Same for his appearance in Obi-Wan..
And my opinion is coming from me, a guy who has been very critical of Disneys treatment of the franchise. But Vader has been treated relatively well. They actually provided one of his finest moments in RO, something we never saw in the OT. Credit where credit is due

Incomudro

And my opinion is coming from me, a guy who has been very critical of Disneys treatment of the franchise. But Vader has been treated relatively well. They actually provided one of his finest moments in RO, something we never saw in the OT. Credit where credit is due
Rogue One was seven years ago.
I agree that was Vader's finest portrayal.
Unfortunately Disney is past that now.
It's their time to emasculate him.
They'll make him out to be someone who was never actually threatening, and could easily be bested.
I'm certain of it.

MagicHappens1971

They'll make him out to be someone who was never actually threatening, and could easily be bested.
I'm certain of it.
I’m certain you will be wrong.

Tha Realest

I'm certain of it.
Under Disney…

Awesome Rogue One sequence (took out a dozen rebels)
Fought Ashoka to a tie (Rebels)
Lost to Kenobi again (Kenobi)
Couldn’t easily take out Ezra and Kanan (Rebels)
Beat Reva (Kenobi)

el_super

Is that the max capacity as designed

Seriously what does that have to do with it?

If they are going to write off the development costs they've already sunk into it, and spend millions designing new figures and storielines, they will need to make sure they get a return on that investment. They really can't if the ride is already pulling through as many people as possible today. They get nothing from changing the story over.

Maybe in some distant future when the waits are down to 10-15 mins they will redo it. By then the original trilogy will be so far out of memory it won't be considered. The only way that ride is ever going to feature Luke and Leia is if they reboot the original with new actors.

NO it’s NOT bloody “OKAY”!

Yeah... it's fine.

Yea. Darth Vader meeting in an old closed attraction building with minimal signage on the opposite end of the park that just opened a billion dollar “Star Wars land” is a great indicator of his popularity. Lol

Well yeah... it is.

You think the only way that Darth Vader could get a crowd is if there is a giant banner on the side that says DARTH VADER HERE TODAY? Does this banner have giant painted red arrows on it too? Maybe they could make the arrows look like lightsabers.

el_super

This is such a weird thing to say.

That whole scene where he sacrifices himself to save his son? Nope. Not it.

That 10 seconds where he kills a bunch of innocent people: fine cinema.

This kind of sentiment should be grounds to have depictions of him removed from the parks entirely.

tl77

A Star Wars themed hotel is a great idea, but what they built was just too small and too expensive/exclusive... I always thought Universal dropped the ball with Harry Potter by making Hogwarts a little forced perspective building, really it should have been a hotel, and have the student dorms be the guest rooms and cafeteria be the resort dining. Disney has plenty of room to build a huge resort complex around the Star Cruiser at different price points, and since the don't have the rights to Marvel in Florida they should build something that is the premier destination in the world for Star Wars fans. There's plenty of futuristic cites in the movies and shows to base a resort on.
Star Wars hotel.jpg
l-intro-1678905687.jpg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-03_5794ed24.jpeg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-04_e3ea7d33.jpeg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-06_f4e884fd.jpeg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-12_31dfefbc.jpeg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-10_32c188ab.jpeg
the-mandalorian-ch-22-concept-art-14_4ad8c880.jpeg

JoeCamel

A Star Wars themed hotel is a great idea, but what they built was just too small and too expensive/exclusive... I always thought Universal dropped the ball with Harry Potter by making Hogwarts a little forced perspective building, really it should have been a hotel, and have the student dorms be the guest rooms and cafeteria be the resort dining. Disney has plenty of room to build a huge resort complex around the Star Cruiser at different price points, and since the don't have the rights to Marvel in Florida they should build something that is the premier destination in the world for Star Wars fans. There's plenty of futuristic cites in the movies and shows to base a resort on.
View attachment 738567View attachment 738568View attachment 738569View attachment 738570View attachment 738571View attachment 738572View attachment 738573View attachment 738574
I don't think it was Universal's call not to have a hotel for Hogwarts

erasure fan1

This is such a weird thing to say.

That whole scene where he sacrifices himself to save his son? Nope. Not it.

That 10 seconds where he kills a bunch of innocent people: fine cinema.

This kind of sentiment should be grounds to have depictions of him removed from the parks entirely.
I don't get it. So we shouldn't have villains in the parks if they've killed innocent people? So no Kylo then either?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom