News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

AdventureHasAName

I guess you could argue that the prior lands became fun over time as a lot of the reverence for historical accuracy/significance got washed out, but was that really a good thing?
These lands were never historically accurate (nor did they strive to be historically accurate). From day one, they were conceived to be idealized versions of places and times. Nobody goes to a theme park to get browbeat with some academic's historical grievances.

el_super

Sure they do. OG Star Wars trilogy makes much more money than Sequel trilogy merch

How? Their primary audience keeps insisting they aren't selling it in the parks when they have been for decades now. If they can't find this stuff how would anyone else?

Not only do they want the toys, they want the characters.
If Vader walked around GE, people would go nuts.

They literally had Darth Vader meeting people in the same park as Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) with about a 5 min wait. His time is done.

GimpYancIent

A simple thing like bringing back the Jedi Training Academy for the little ones, you know that 12 and under group, would liven up the place. It used to be a mad scramble by parents at rope drop to get to the registration point and get their little ones set for one of the sessions. To establish a set with overhead cover for relief from sun or rain would be a plus.

TheIceBaron

I’m sure they have all the sales data and streaming metrics to see which Star Wars movie or show helps sell the most merch. They would never release their D+ views or trilogy specific merch sales data but I would be shocked if the sequel trilogy was anything other than the the worst performing category in every aspect.

It seems baby yoda merch was among the better selling recently but I’m sure that’s died down a bit. When Mando is in GE he usually attracts quite the crowd still however.

I think people still really like GE, but more for people that don’t go that often. Lucasfilm interfered too much with imagineerings job for GE and the starcruiser that we ended up getting more of a Lucasfilm type of product than a product we know Disney parks are actually capable of. As we are all aware until kathleen Kennedy leaves, Lucasfilm will remain fairly rotten to its core and continue to churn out garbage content

FettFan

Why? Why spend all that money when it doesn't really change the ride? Or even really draw that many more people to ride? The rides are already pretty much running at max capacity every day.

Is that the max capacity as designed, or the actual max capacity thanks to the significant stretches of downtime and reboots?
You think people want to buy Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader dolls instead? LOL no.

Dude, having Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge set during the subpar sequel trilogy is like ordering a Dr. Pepper only to be asked “Is Mr. Pibb okay?”

NO it’s NOT bloody “OKAY”!

super-troopers-tackle.gif

Disney knows this, and that’s why they’ve been offering OT-era character meets.

https://media..com/2022/05/swge-boba-fett-3-scaled.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

They literally had Darth Vader meeting people in the same park as Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) with about a 5 min wait. His time is done.
Yea. Darth Vader meeting in an old closed attraction building with minimal signage on the opposite end of the park that just opened a billion dollar “Star Wars land” is a great indicator of his popularity. Lol

MagicHappens1971

I wonder who is going to show up in the Asoka series? Must be big bad Resistance and Snoke, right?
Darth Vader is unlikely to appear in the Ahsoka show… as the Empire has fallen.

It takes place within the first 10 years of the New Republic and happens concurrently with Season 3 of Mando.

We already know that Thrawn is the “big bad”, we may see some seeds of the First Order as we did in Mando Season 3.

I think we will see Anakin Skywalker, but not Darth.

Touchdown

It takes place within the first 10 years of the New Republic and happens concurrently with Season 3 of Mando.

We already know that Thrawn is the “big bad”, we may see some seeds of the First Order as we did in Mando Season 3.

Anakin is coming, and with dark side users referencing Anakin, the sport of Darth will too. Certainly seems like Feloni is really dragging out Empiral Remnants becoming Resistance…

FettFan

While it could be argued Disney does agree with many of your points, they are offering “OT-era” character meets because these characters are from new D+ media and are marketable.

True. However, The Mandalorian seasons 1-2 were well received by the fans, and Boba Fett has had a cult following since the days of ‘Tales of the Bounty Hunters’ and ‘Shadows of the Empire’

Side note: I really wish Disney would have forgone Book of Boba Fett and created a TotBH series instead.

With Conan O’Brien returning to voice Zuckuss.

Yea. Darth Vader meeting in an old closed attraction building with minimal signage on the opposite end of the park that just opened a billion dollar “Star Wars land” is a great indicator of his popularity. Lol

Ha. Given the proper area, fans would snake around the park to snap a picture with Background Alien #3 from Clone Wars.

Screamface

I think we'll get clone wars flashbacks stuff with Anikan.

It's entirely possible we will get a flashback to a meeting of Ashoka and Vader. It'll probably be her handing Vader his because we have to constantly weaken the original characters.

MagicHappens1971

I think we'll get clone wars flashbacks stuff with Anikan.

It's entirely possible we will get a flashback to a meeting of Ashoka and Vader. It'll probably be her handing Vader his because we have to constantly weaken the original characters.
I also think we will get Clone Wars flashbacks with Anakin. Ahsoka & Anakin (Darth) already faced off in Rebels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom