News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

Lilofan

The real Rey cosplay begins now... If you're not out there selling themed saltshakers and galactic peanut butter and jelly sandwich holders on Facebook Marketplace are you REALLY a Jedi...
There will be a rash of items going to be sold to highest bidder online. Who ever thought Splash Mountain water sold by a guest would sell for over $100 for 4oz??

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the current availability for the Starcrusier via the Walt Disney World website - August and September look to have sold out. June has 4 dates sold out.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 1.16.00 PM.png

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Here's the current availability for the Starcrusier via the Walt Disney World website - August and September look to have sold out. June has 4 dates sold out.

View attachment 718704
For perspective, this was the availability prior to the closure announcement with large number of "canceled" voyages throughout the summer. I doubt they are reinstating these "voyages" or people are flocking to catch one last ride on the Halcyon. I would suspect a lot of consolidation of future canceled "voyages" and possibly additional canceled "voyages".

1685124391552.png

AshaNeOmah

Got a booking for my family of 4 on 7/8.

Anyone is welcome to call me a fool, but I am 100% the target audience. Elder millennial, two income household, well over six figures with my salary alone, been Disney fanatics since we were both kids, and I have RotJ Luke Skywalker lightsaber tattooed on my left arm.

It was never if I would go, but only a matter of when. I would have booked last year if it was only the wife and I, but I wanted to wait until my kids were a little older so they could get more from it. The poor planning and pricing on Disney's part made that impossible, so I'm glad I'll get to experience it at least once.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Anyone is welcome to call me a fool, but I am 100% the target audience. Elder millennial, two income household, well over six figures with my salary alone, been Disney fanatics since we were both kids, and I have RotJ Luke Skywalker lightsaber tattooed on my left arm.

If was never if I would go, but only a matter of when. I would have booked last year if it was only the wife and I, but I wanted to wait until my kids were a little older so they could get more from it. The poor planning and pricing on Disney's part made that impossible, so I'm glad I'll get to experience it at least once.
You've worked hard enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Drdcm

If was never if I would go, but only a matter of when. I would have booked last year if it was only the wife and I, but I wanted to wait until my kids were a little older so they could get more from it. The poor planning and pricing on Disney's part made that impossible, so I'm glad I'll get to experience it at least once.
Nothing wrong with wanting to do it. I hope you have a good time :)

lewisc

All this says to me is FOMO is happening. Many are doing it to say they did it.
A few years ago posters were commenting on the $$ pricing of hotel dry cleaning and laundry service. One poster said it's worth a few hundred dollars to come home with a suitcase of clean clothes. I realized some people have a high or unlimited budget. Different people have different priorities.

Many, maybe the majority, of guests who've flown to Batuu enjoyed the voyage.

FOMO may be some but others want the experience and it's time is running out.

I wonder what happens to the contest winners?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom