News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

dreamfinder912

I hope you don't get a pared down version due to staff moving on as they can.
I appreciate the concern, but I think it'll be okay. Passenger services cycles through every six months or so, mostly CPs, and because of the story structure it kind of can't work if they were to cut characters for some reason. (Nevermind the even worse press that move would bring!)

Ironically enough, a paired down Starcruiser experience was what I was always concerned about. My first time onboard I'm like oh that's gonna get cut and that'll be so sad. Or oh this or that will be changed to save money. Aside from a few very tiny switches in food and polishing up a couple of things, nothing changed. It's the upside of all this. at least it didn't go the way of most things at Disney. It wasn't death by 1000 cuts.

Skywise

I could see them extending the shutdown another month into October to try to milk as much revenue as they can. I doubt they'd extend it beyond Halloween though as I'm pretty sure you couldn't fill up all the 'cruises' into the holiday season.

kingdead

I could see them extending the shutdown another month into October to try to milk as much revenue as they can. I doubt they'd extend it beyond Halloween though as I'm pretty sure you couldn't fill up all the 'cruises' into the holiday season.
As another poster said, end of fiscal year is September 30. Clock strikes midnight and the place is still open, that big tax writeoff turns into a pumpkin.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You totally lost me at “Kylo Ren”.
They totally missed a cross-marketing opportunity by not calling him "Rylo Ken."
ken.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They could use it as the replacement for the Laker Nona Imagineering campus...Maybe they could free up some expansion space in the park by moving some of the offices currently in the way, into this building....and open the windows....
Well, the 200 people who actually moved could easily fit their offices into that facility.
So, that's 2 votes for turning it into an office block.

PuertoRekinSam

My understanding is the last voyage is based on the contracts for the equity entertainment cast. Maybe they could hammer out some thing short term (like they do for Epcot festivals), but I doubt it.

CAV

That’s a strange way to say Disney didn’t understand its market and was not willing to adapt.

This cost the company 1B and some are acting like they are taking an unpopular hot dog off the menu at Caseys
Exactly. A pixie duster view if there ever was one-its not Disney's fault..its everyone elses fault it failed.

Indy_UK

Not the ones who need to.

D’Amaro should have been the first to go.
- Harmonious
- the demo of Communicore West’s southern annex, only to panic and rebuild it.
- general mishandling of the 50th Anniversary
- Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

The man is a chuckleclown.

Starcruiser was an Iger project and Harmonious was a Chapek project wasn’t it?

I agree with what your saying though

FettFan

Starcruiser was an Iger project and Harmonious was a Chapek project wasn’t it?

I agree with what your saying though

D'Amaro is over Parks and Resorts, therefore the actual implementation of the Bobs ideas is all on him.

He proved to be so ineffective that he actually made their schemes *worse*. The only completed projects on his watch that didn't turn into stinkers were GotG Cosmic Rewind and Tron, and that's because those were planned and shovels hit the ground (2017 for GotG, 2018 for Tron) before he was elevated to head of WDW (2019) then head of P&R (2020).

Lilofan

Not the ones who need to.

D’Amaro should have been the first to go.
- Harmonious
- the demo of Communicore West’s southern annex, only to panic and rebuild it.
- general mishandling of the 50th Anniversary
- Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser

The man is a chuckleclown.
There was previous forum thread when he became chairman that some members were singing praises.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom