News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

James Alucobond

The inside of the truck is fully themed, and you never see the outside. Not really relevant what the outside looks like.
This assumes the current transportation could continue running as-is. If converted into an attraction or dining location of some sort, transporting people all day and in the same quantities as before might be impractical. Also, people would likely prefer to arrive without entering the park in many cases. Parking is across the bridge where the transports currently run.

MagicHappens1971

This assumes the current transportation could continue running as-is. If converted into an attraction or dining location of some sort, transporting people all day and in the same quantities as before might be impractical. Also, people would likely prefer to arrive without entering the park in many cases.
Oh yeah. I would 99.7% say that they’re not going to convert this into anything.

There’s 3 transports & they seat 12 people with 4 standing. Not a whole lot.

If they were to convert it, you’d probably just arrive to the Terminal (the front of the hotel) and board the Launchpod (elevator) up.

James Alucobond

Oh yeah. I would 99.7% say that they’re not going to convert this into anything.

There’s 3 transports & they seat 12 people with 4 standing. Not a whole lot.

If they were to convert it, you’d probably just arrive to the Terminal (the front of the hotel) and board the Launchpod (elevator) up.
Of course, yeah. My post was in response to a suggestion that they were making a mistake by not converting it. I simply meant to point out that location, access, and the nature of the existing structure generally make it unsuitable for modification into anything conventional.

MagicHappens1971

Of course, yeah. My post was in response to a suggestion that they were making a mistake by not converting it. I simply meant to point out that location, access, and the nature of the existing structure generally make it unsuitable for modification into anything conventional.
Yeah. Even the Launchpod I just mentioned, can fit ~5 Parties or ~21 People. Every single person has to take it to get up to the atrium. Staffing this as a normal hotel would be a nightmare as well. Because the Passenger Services crew is trained in everything, they do the arrival process from 11a-2p (with minimal staff from 2p-4p) and then begin to be redeployed elsewhere on ship. It would be a nightmare to have people in those positions 24/7

erasure fan1

I didn’t say it needed to be a hotel experience; I said that retrofitting it as anything else would result in a compromised experience. As you said, most of the other “solutions” people mention make a lot more sense if they’re just in Galaxy’s Edge, not an inconvenient, ugly truck ride away.
Would it be an ugly truck ride? The ride too and from galaxys edge is hidden, it wouldn't need to change. I know the stuff in the star cruiser should have been in galaxys edge. But it's not. And it's doubtful it will be coming. I know I would entertain a trip to a star destroyer to have a meal with vader, fett, some cool droids...

Jrb1979

And that just seems crazy to me that people would spend that kind of money and not know what they are getting into .... Even some minimal research would explain how this is structured and basics of what it is, etc

And that immersion is the whole point - I also don't understand why someone would do this/pay this money if that isn't what they want
Cause when it comes to theme parks and things like this majority of GP are stupid.

lewisc

Cause when it comes to theme parks and things like this majority of GP are stupid.
I used to think that way. The other side; the average guest shouldn't have to do hours of research to enjoy a vacation. Having to make a reservation months in advance for a ice cream parlor or a hotel restaurant for breakfast isn't typical for other destinations.

Last edited:

Drdcm

I wonder if it will be a splash mountain scenario, where when things break or stop working, they just leave it instead of replacing/repairing for the remainder of its existence.

Incomudro

That's what many of us have said from the very beginning. I'm in the same category - I spend thousands of dollars a year on Star Wars.

For what this less-than-48 hours experience costs, a family of 4 you could buy a life-size Darth Vader statue to enjoy for the rest of their lives, LOL. And when you figure it's just two nights out of a week for the average vacationer, and you still have to pay for everything for the rest of the week - it's just...wow.

There just was not an audience for this, especially when you actually look at the activities and what was included. If it had been half the price and three times the quality of experience, this would have been a totally different story.
And to add to that none of it looks great.
Literally none of it.
As I've said - the cast and actors were very good.
But nothing in and on that ship has any "must see" aspect to it.
It ranges from sub par to pretty good.

Drdcm

Are you asking about RotR?
I supposed that would also be a valid question, but I was talking about the Star cruiser upkeep. It was more of a pessimistic joke anyway, I don’t think they would put guests in a room where their space “window” doesn’t work or anything like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom