News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

LSLS

If nothing else, I could see this being used as kind of disaster rooms. I think the secret is pretty much out Disney is one of the safest places to go during a hurricane, this would at least give them some extra rooms to sell/use for cast members (especially if they can find value in using other parts for every day guests during normal times).

TDLFan

You know, they could turn that location into a new fireworks launch site and do an amazing star wars fireworks show right behind Galaxies Edge. Give it a little umph at night and it would look stunning from Batuu with Willams score sweeping through. May even work as a better launch site for normal Chinese Theater shows as opposed to that horribly off center launch site across world drive. Forgive me, I'm day drinking but it sounds good. Lol

FettFan

Worth every penny according to most people who went on it.
Sunk-cost-fallacy.jpg

Mickey's Pal

The hullabaloo surrounding Galactic Cruiser, with fans cheering for its failure even when it does what the fans wanted, reminds me of Awesome Planet. The show is the first original IP in the parks in many years, but does anyone care? People tend to see it as preachy nonsense and make “HOW DARE YOU” jokes. It’s too little, too late in both cases.
This NEVER did what the fans wanted. Fans wanted Star Wars and Disney flat out did not include it. Hence why it was a colossal failure that is now closed FOREVER.

FettFan

Not forever.

That remains to be seen. It will probably remain closed and languish for a number of years, popping on and off of budget sheets, until it’s either rehabbed/rethemed (such as when the unfinished Legendary Years area of Pop Century was turned into Art of Animation), or demolished entirely (20,000 Leagues and River Country)

Right now it’s a Galactic Schrödinger.

Miru

It’s only has the highest rated Guest Satisfaction scores on the history of Disney….
I’m not sure why everyone here who has bemoaned Disney’s cuts on service and guest experience is cheering the failure of their most service and guest experience project in decades.

This isn’t going to convince Disney to increase service levels at the parks.
As CAS said, people are now cheering on their most guest servicing project failing, which I think is because spite for Disney has taken over from any logical reasons, so the jaded fans no longer care and only want them to suffer. See also Awesome Planet, the first original attraction since Habit Heroes tanked.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes it did do what the fans wanted, it had good immersion and staff hands-on-ness, and was the most consumer friendly project in years. You’re missing the point.
At a price point that guaranteed it would have a short life span. It also didn’t appeal to a wide enough swath of SW fans. Missteps, for sure, but what they take away from it is the real question.

LSLS

As CAS said, people are now cheering on their most guest servicing project failing, which I think is because spite for Disney has taken over from any logical reasons, so the jaded fans no longer care and only want them to suffer. See also Awesome Planet, the first original attraction since Habit Heroes tanked.
Yes, people want guest servicing things. But the people around here mostly all know that the immersion stuff was supposed to be for free in the parks, and was then cancelled and put behind a $5,000 pay wall. I'd agree, people probably had no desire to give it a chance because of that. But I don't think that's people wishing failure just because it's Disney, that's people upset that they feel they can take things away and charge extreme prices for it while taking away the things in the parks that make it special.

Also, you are very hung up on Awesome Planet. Sure, it's no IP, but it's a film in a theater tucked away in the corner of a building. It's not like people bail on that to go see the Pixar shorts, or Philharmagic. The IP movie only things are never very well attended. I think if this was a ride, you would have a valid point, especially if it was not tucked away somewhere that people need to really search to find it.

MagicRat

Anyone who uses “Awesome Planet” as a reference either was dumped by the team that made “Awesome Planet” or was on the team that made “Awesome Planet”.

I mean it’s “Awesome Planet”, it’s in building with two great rides and two restaurants. Get mad and angry about something but really pick on “Awesome Planet”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom