News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

MagicHappens1971

I kind of agree, but for probably different reasons. Had this been been built to feel like a cruise, I think it works just fine. I will forever say the issue is they made it a role playing adventure as opposed to a cruise on a cruise ship through space.
The role playing aspect was dramatized by the people who were “really into it” you 100% did not have to role play to enjoy it. I would also say the people who did *heavy* role play were the very small minority of most of the cruises.

Disstevefan1

RIP_Star_Cruiser.jpg

Ayla

The role playing aspect was dramatized by the people who were “really into it” you 100% did not have to role play to enjoy it. I would also say the people who did *heavy* role play were the very small minority of most of the cruises.
And probably ruined it for most everyone else, including the kids who were disappointed they had to compete for attention from the CM's.

MagicHappens1971

I just checked and you mentioned it in a different thread over a week ago. Anyway I’m curious what you believe the total cost to be!
My apologies then. I would say close to a billion. I could be off by a little bit there’s no way this cost less than Cosmic Rewind to build. The R&D alone probably cost 300M+. Disney doesn’t do anything cheap (financially speaking).

LSLS

And by Disney themselves. The trailer on their site featured everyone in various costumes in total interaction. The guy who helped design it in his interview talks about how you get to live it by choosing if you are going to be resistance or first order, and helping various characters. Obviously everything I say is based on what the promos showed as I never went on it, but I can tell you there was 0% chance I could talk my wife into it after she saw the promos and the itineraries.

But, back to my original point, that line dancing everyone makes fun of, is something I would not be shocked to see as a random activity on like a Royal Carribean cruise. Like, at 2:00, come learn line dancing, or go learn to make one of the dishes from a chef. OR, just go relax by the pool, or in the spa. Cruises have kind of corny stuff like that. The problem I always had with this is that there are a lot of other things to go do as well, and based on what Disney had put out there, there just wasn't a lot of other things to do if you weren't involved in the story mode. Again, I could be wrong on that, but then I would say that points to the total failure on Disney's part to market to people like us.

Incomudro

And probably ruined it for most everyone else, including the kids who were disappointed they had to compete for attention from the CM's.
For sure.
I couldn't even get through a recent video I attempted to watch posted by a couple of guys on one of the last voyages.
Complete man child cringe.
I had to shut the video off, as I couldn't take it any longer.

kingdead

For sure.
I couldn't even get through a recent video I attempted to watch posted by a couple of guys on one of the last voyages.
Complete man child cringe.
I had to shut the video off, as I couldn't take it any longer.
I've seen some of the videos where they didn't have enough "passengers" and it looked perfect for a little kid--if god forbid I had a little boy with a Make a Wish trip this would be it. The only problem is that it was that good for kids because there weren't enough paying adults, and I can't imagine wanting to be around the kind of adult who cuts off a kid. But you had to be that kind of adult to get your $6k worth!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I mean, it was a really cool concept and well executed (especially by the cast members), but how they ever thought they would have an audience to keep it at/near capacity for any significant period (especially at the rates they were charging) is well beyond me. It would have worked better if they could have run it as sort of a "pop up" experience utilizing (mostly) the existing infrastructure within Galaxy's Edge with maybe a few temporary additions (not building a separate building costing hundreds of millions of dollars). Hopefully, they find some creative way to use the building...

KrzyKtty

I mean, it was a really cool concept and well executed (especially by the cast members), but how they ever thought they would have an audience to keep it at/near capacity for any significant period (especially at the rates they were charging) is well beyond me. It would have worked better if they could have run it as sort of a "pop up" experience utilizing (mostly) the existing infrastructure within Galaxy's Edge with maybe a few temporary additions (not building a separate building costing hundreds of millions of dollars). Hopefully, they find some creative way to use the building...
Honestly, even as big as the Star Wars fandom is, this was never sustainable.

They would have been better served to make it a castle/medieval town and filled it with Disney princes, princesses, and villains, and given people the chance to live in the story. New generations of Disney children are born all the time, and this would be more sustainable. It would have been the sort of thing plenty of international visitors would pay extra to tag on the beginning or end of their trip for their kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom