News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

JoeCamel

Where I think Universal messed up with Diagon Ally is they should have used Fear Factor and Fast and Furious area and made HP a much larger land.
Part of the draw of diagon is being compact and hidden, they were putting the ministry next door to expand but it isn't a good fit due to access requirements.
I wouldn't have a problem if they used the rest of lost continent for Hogsmeade though

Bleed0range

Nintendo is allegedly next. There's a rumor that the Lost Continent at IoA is being converted into Hyrule for The Legend of Zelda.

It's like Universal watched Disney spreading properties across their parks and all of a sudden turned into Drake.
drizzydrakequotes.jpg

The Nintendo IP is going to be as big of a draw as HP. I haven’t heard anything other than rumors about Zelda, but I absolutely think a Zelda land would be huge. Themed around Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom. In Tears, you essentially magically build vehicles you can ride. There’s a cool ride in that somewhere.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Nintendo IP is going to be as big of a draw as HP. I haven’t heard anything other than rumors about Zelda, but I absolutely think a Zelda land would be huge. Themed around Breath of the Wild or Tears of the Kingdom. In Tears, you essentially magically build vehicles you can ride. There’s a cool ride in that somewhere.

Nah.. HP is bigger. HP works for kids, grewup with HP young adults, Moms AND Dads. And it has a role play element and is human relatable.

Nintendo has broad appeal in youth, but you're going to find less attraction from older Moms, etc compared to HP. A 45yr old mom is going to love HP and Wii fit, not Super Metroid :) Plus much of Nintendo's IP is not necessarily human relatable... so there is no role play, immersion like there is with HP.

Nintendo in a theme park is about being wow'd, cute, nostalgia and merchandise.

Bleed0range

Nah.. HP is bigger. HP works for kids, grewup with HP young adults, Moms AND Dads. And it has a role play element and is human relatable.

Nintendo has broad appeal in youth, but you're going to find less attraction from older Moms, etc compared to HP. A 45yr old mom is going to love HP and Wii fit, not Super Metroid :) Plus much of Nintendo's IP is not necessarily human relatable... so there is no role play, immersion like there is with HP.

I think the success of both the Mario movie and the Nintendo brand with Switch beg to differ. I’m a 39 year old dad with kids who love Nintendo. And so do I!

Bleed0range

I'm sorry, please re-read what I said. I never said anything about it not being popular... the conversations was relative to HP

I got what you said, I think you overestimate HP popularity in 2023. I believe they’ll both be huge draws but HP is losing ground as a huge IP the longer time goes on. No more books, bad films and controversial statements from JkR have definitely put a damper on the IP.

Nintendo is trending more and more successful with over 100+ million owning Nintendo switches, 40 years of history with millennials/Gen. X and their kiddos. The Mario movie being (temporarily at least) the biggest movie of the year.

The one two punch of Nintendo and Hp will bring in a lot of parents passing on what they love to their kids.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The one two punch of Nintendo and Hp will bring in a lot of parents passing on what they love to their kids.

How many mom's over 30 have a history, love and nostalgia for Zelda, Mario, etc?

The kind of trends we are talking about here are set in generations.... not one SM movie.

The difference between a parent taking their kid to something they are excited about... and a situation where every family member is excited about.... is HUGE.

CampbellzSoup

How many mom's over 30 have a history, love and nostalgia for Zelda, Mario, etc?

The kind of trends we are talking about here are set in generations.... not one SM movie.

The difference between a parent taking their kid to something they are excited about... and a situation where every family member is excited about.... is HUGE.
Are you kidding me here? Moms have children and are guided by what they love. Mario is something that will never end. Additionally, video games transcend age im 36 and grew up with Mario my son now plays it with me at 3. Mario and Nintendo is gonna be a huge huge deal

James Alucobond

Your focus on moms here is kind of weird. There are at least plenty of dads over 30 who have nostalgia for those games, and even if you want to lean on gender divides in games by genre, Zelda is more evenly split while other Nintendo series like Animal Crossing are enjoyed by women as a majority, if I recall correctly.

Tha Realest

Imagine thinking 45 year olds - who came of age in the mid to late 80’s - don’t have a nostalgic fondness for Nintendo.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your focus on moms here is kind of weird. There are at least plenty of dads over 30 who have nostalgia for those games, and even if you want to lean on gender divides in games by genre, Zelda is more evenly split while other Nintendo series like Animal Crossing are enjoyed by women as a majority, if I recall correctly.

It's not wierd.. .it's called THE DELTA.

Mario - Some of the family is into it
HP - All of the family members are into it

How do I make this any simpler for people?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Imagine thinking 45 year olds - who came of age in the mid to late 80’s - don’t have a nostalgic fondness for Nintendo.
This is part of why HP was so special. It grew fondness not just for those who were children at the time - but all ages.

Trust me, I'm one of the biggest gamer and Nintendo nerds you will find. I have so much gaming history and $$$ within arms reach of me right now. But know what? My wife doesn't care.... my parent's don't care... only about half my kids care. And this goes on and on and on across so many families.

Mario is HUGE - but Mario as a passion is still tied to certain demographics. HP is broader.

Heck, I'm wearing a National Video Game Museum shirt right now for crying out loud :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom