News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

brideck

Is it better to attend the 1st or 2nd dinner? I will be traveling with 3 boys 9-11yrs old.

You will miss some story things regardless of which dinner you have, as the action doesn't stop during meal times (and in fact, it bleeds into the dining room as well). We had 2nd dinner and it was fine, but I think I'd actually recommend 1st dinner. The finale for the story starts right as 2nd dinner is letting out, so if you're not right on top of scarfing down that meal you'll probably feel a little rushed. Additionally, the Captain invited us to a special experience during 2nd dinner, but we would have had to totally skip dessert in order to do it. It's the only moment in the whole stay where we felt stressed about time.

mergatroid

Yes, interesting he is honest up front by stating he did not pay for the voyage. So, it seems, complimentary voyages are still being done?
It would appear so. Mind you the reports they've been getting from paying guests have remained consistently good. Perhaps they're targeting high profile social media folks to fill unsold rooms for more free advertising?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It would appear so. Mind you the reports they've been getting from paying guests have remained consistently good. Perhaps they're targeting high profile social media folks to fill unsold rooms for more free advertising?
Maybe that's a good sign that room discounts are potentially on the horizon, lol

MagicHappens1971

The ship remains completely full on every voyage since it’s opening. I don’t think that’s the reason

mergatroid

The ship remains completely full on every voyage since it’s opening. I don’t think that’s the reason
Well perhaps after doing surveys they've found that multiple guests say they booked after seeing videos on youtube and they figure there's more money to be made by getting free advertising than the $5,000 the room costs?

I'm just guessing on that but I know this venture appears to have been far more successful than many promised it would on here with predictions on here claiming it would never fill all rooms beyond the opening few weeks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not according to the Disney Star Cruiser web site as of today. August is still a work in progress much less September.
I said last week of September, you bring up August. You know that August is a different month than September, right? So, why are you correcting me?

From July to the end of December, there are 28 fully booked cruises. A month ago, in that same time period, there were only 17.

So, as I said, there's still a steady march of cruises filling up. That's a fact.

And we don't know how filled or empty are all other dates since the only data we see is either at least one opening or no openings per cruise.

Higginbotham587

Just finished my cruise last Wednesday (May 30 voyage). I have to say it is absolutely awesome. What was interesting to me is how some things (lightsaber training) were underwhelming because clearly for little kids (who loved it) and other things (bridge training) were more than I had expected based on what little I read.

I will say that you can see why it costs so much. The food is decent, the acting is very good (probably 10 union actors or so, and they are good), the effects/experience first rate. And the crew provide the level of Disney service and attitude I remember from going to the resort in the 1980s and haven't seen much of in the last 10 years I've been going.

My lessons learned for next trip (and I will be going back as the kiddo can't wait to do it again) -- (1) get some upgraded costumes and dress in them the whole time; (2) pursue only 2 storylines rather than try to do them all; (3) hang out in the atrium any time you would normally hang out in your room because things are always happening.

mergatroid

Just finished my cruise last Wednesday (May 30 voyage). I have to say it is absolutely awesome. What was interesting to me is how some things (lightsaber training) were underwhelming because clearly for little kids (who loved it) and other things (bridge training) were more than I had expected based on what little I read.

I will say that you can see why it costs so much. The food is decent, the acting is very good (probably 10 union actors or so, and they are good), the effects/experience first rate. And the crew provide the level of Disney service and attitude I remember from going to the resort in the 1980s and haven't seen much of in the last 10 years I've been going.

My lessons learned for next trip (and I will be going back as the kiddo can't wait to do it again) -- (1) get some upgraded costumes and dress in them the whole time; (2) pursue only 2 storylines rather than try to do them all; (3) hang out in the atrium any time you would normally hang out in your room because things are always happening.
Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

corran horn

I've seen some negative/glaring reviews posted on the WDW subreddit in the past month. Wonder how it compares to those that experienced it here.

Here's a recent (lengthy) one:

Boy, I couldn't have had a more different experience. Staff was great and seemed enthusiastic and in good spirits. Each mentioned their homeworld - a woman in guest services (Emily, who staffed Engineering and Dinner at times) mentioned she and her partner were from Nar Shaddaa, the Smuggler's Moon, and referenced it as same. She didn't have to do that.

Me, my wife, and my daughter had iphones and my son had an ipad working off wifi. The apps worked fine throughout, even wifi between the ship and the Batuu. We had to make him a child's account off of ours and made sure it all worked before we left--maybe that helped. Had zero app problems.

It was even funny how they staggered event notifications even thought we were on mostly the same storylines - I imagine that do that purposefully to prevent crowding.

If you read down the thread the OP/mod goes into "for these prices they should have a pool/spa" stuff. They make it in their head something it's not and never purported to be and then get mad it's not that.

I don't know how in the world anybody could say Engineering had minimal theming.

brideck

If you read down the thread the OP/mod goes into "for these prices they should have a pool/spa" stuff. They make it in their head something it's not and never purported to be and then get mad it's not that.

I don't know how in the world anybody could say Engineering had minimal theming.

It's unclear from that report what they even actually did/saw. Maybe they never made it to Engineering? There's very little specific in there, and most of the discussion that follows just ended up ranting about the CP... which is really not the important part of the cast to be interacting with. I can count the number of hotel ops people I talked to during our stay on one hand.

Based on the different reports I've seen, you can basically sum it up as: if you over-rely on the app and don't make an effort to (and/or don't want to) actually talk to the cast of characters, you will be disappointed in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom