News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

correcaminos

Oh, @helenabear, I'm so sorry I came across as trying to tell you your feelings were wrong! That was not my intention. I apologize.

Lots of folks–including major fans of Star Wars and of the Parks–will decide the Starcruiser is not for them.
And I apologize if I took your words in a way you didn't intend. So no harm?

Let's just say I'm sad. Originally I was like "Gotta go!!!! Yes!" Didn't care about the price. Then self-conscious me thought "well I want to make sure that if I don't dress up and cosplay to their crazy level that I won't be out of place... so let's wait and see" then I went to "um, this isn't the Star Wars I know and love" (of course, book of Boba Fett didn't help - I soooo loved Boba as a kid and still have his 1980 big action figure). And now it's like "wow, that's all you gave us?" Obviously, I expected immersion and cosplay, but I guess I am left sad by this not living up to my expectations.

Like I said I'd plop down $3k so the 3 of us could spend a day. I could justify that in my head and walk away no issues. I just don't want to be stuck in a sci-fi space place that isn't SW enough or "mature" enough for me even if I am plain clothed. So my biggest worry is not a worry at all now oddly enough. I want to be wow'd. I want to regret jumping to my DVC add on (okay not really) or I want to spend a few months saving up for it or skipping some awesome tour or something. I just cannot and it really makes me sad.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The issue these days is that everything has to forever increase profit margins. Unless they can keep raising prices, the incentive for them to invest money into keeping it going will diminish over time because there are few other ways for them to cover additional costs and keep making more money quarter over quarter.
This is the whole thing to me
That steak looks like a steak and I'm all-in. I don't care if it's a nerf or a hoojib!
Disney isn’t the place for steak…so don’t get too geeked.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The food looks disappointing. Some blogger did a review of the lunch and it looked ....not great. And I think Disney generally has decent food considering the massive undertaking of constantly churning out a ton of food (by contrast I think Universals biggest weakness is their food is terrible across the board)
Did the v/blogger happen to say whether they like the food or not?

Of all the videos I've seen so far, even though they may be a few dishes the guest didn't care for, there were always several dishes they though were spectacular.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here's the most definitive answer we have so far about people in a group having diverging storylines, but want to stay together...

This is also just an excellent retrospective from somone on the media cruise. Worth it to watch.

And she's adamant that she's received no direction or talking points for her review from Disney.

I’m taking some of these in…but you can’t really trust vloggers too much can you?

They have a financial interest that’s indisputable…even if they aren’t given script

We really need a rotten tomatoes kinda thing on this…something that shakes out over time

Cesar R M

I hear you completely. I cannot tell you how crazy of a fan our friend is that is opting not to go for now too. I thought he'd totally be on it and now all 4 of his friends are like "nope" and really have moved on for now.

I don't think my kid would be thrilled in a single tbh. I also KNOW we wouldn't share that room with the 3 of us. No way at all. We are not used to small rooms when we travel and I would hate that part.

Please stop trying to tell me my feelings are wrong. There is cheesy and too much. This is all to juvenile for me with the training and the escape room stuff. Disney doesn't always make the mark with SW stuff. Look at Book of Boba Fett. That was just plain awful. I'll keep waiting on reviews but something has to wow me or really change for me to want to go. Right now it's a zero and my fingers are crossed we pass ROFR.

So when you post just keep in mind, massive fans are let down and it should be understandably so. A little interaction isn't enough to sway me. I'll be blunt too... RotR is not that great to any of us - we have other rides we like more. Sure it was well themed, but that was it. This Halcyon is not even well themed to me.
Whats with the hate for Boba Fett?
I found the series very enoyable. Different and more focusing on growth than a singular point or anchor of an story than just having baby yoda.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m taking some of these in…but you can’t really trust vloggers too much can you?

They have a financial interest that’s indisputable…even if they aren’t given script

We really need a rotten tomatoes kinda thing on this…something that shakes out over time
Wow, you watched that whole video in record time!! Did you download it and watch it at 10X speed?!?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
But what if he has only eyes for Finn? Does the Finn cosplay comes with the package?
Hope so.

7F478EA0-9B9B-49EC-971C-805A41E84A1D.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom