News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MrPromey

That video of the two executives being asked about the value - I don't think I've ever seen someone do so much dancing without, apparently, moving their feet.*

If this Disney gig doesn't work out for them, I think both of these women have a potentially bright future in politics.

*to be fair, we can't actually see their feet so there may be some river dance on carpet happening, here.

_

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wow, you watched that whole video in record time!! Did you download it and watch it at 10X speed?!?
Just a general warning…as I’m sure you are aware.

Lots of eye roll cringiness so far but that will change I’m sure

“What?…you’re there the first day or on a press pass and you LOVE It?!?”

…would never have guessed that reaction

Last edited:

durangojim

No one believes it is 6K per person. The costs are very clearly posted on the Disney web site. How many people in the cabin with him? The costs in the 6K's are per cabin. I would wager to say he is rooming with three other people.
He’s ridiculous. If I take my family of 4 I’m paying $6000 which I dare say most people that are going with family members. Certainly there will be some groups of friends who go, but I have a feeling the majority will be families.

TalkingHead

Just a general warning…as I’m sure you are aware.

Lots of eye roll cringiness so far but that will change I’m sure

“What?…you’re there the first day or on a press pass and you LOVE It?!?”

…would never have guessed that reaction
Anybody invested enough to be there before the new car smell has evaporated is going to have a skewed perspective. The real test is the casual guest who doesn’t think about theme parks everyday — e.g. Len’s gushing sounded very much like somebody in the industry who was excited by the logistics as much as anything. Not sure average guests are going to have the same takeaway.

TalkingHead

He’s ridiculous. If I take my family of 4 I’m paying $6000 which I dare say most people that are going with family members. Certainly there will be some groups of friends who go, but I have a feeling the majority will be families.
Don’t underestimate the number of single, childless Disney-obsessive weirdos around Central Florida. They’ll probably become the cringiest thing about this place.

corran horn

At some point people should define the attributes of a person whose opinion of their GS experience they will trust.

So now paying customers are going - but those are people who were so eager for the "new car smell" experience that their opinions are tainted.

So we wait a little while - well, those are people who don't want to admit they wasted their money.

So we wait more - well, Disney responded to feedback and now it's different. (as it inevitably will be)

Communicora

Premium Member
But should it need to be avoided? If a group wants to stay together to ride a ride, they aren't split up. Why is this any different? if my 8 year old doesn't want to ride Smuggler's Run and we do a rider switch, will they be excluded as well? I think this is a flaw in the system.
I think we are all overthinking this little situation. I'm sure they'd find a way to accommodate a child. It seems fine and good that adults who make slightly different choices would get slightly different experiences. Isn't that part of the point of it?

lewisc

Truly astonishing how low rent and embarrassing this is. Who could have imagined this would be the grand dining room experience when this was announced?
Disney continued construction during Covid shutdown. I wonder if there were any cutbacks.
Anybody invested enough to be there before the new car smell has evaporated is going to have a skewed perspective. The real test is the casual guest who doesn’t think about theme parks everyday — e.g. Len’s gushing sounded very much like somebody in the industry who was excited by the logistics as much as anything. Not sure average guests are going to have the same takeaway.
Reviews from the bloggers can't be trusted, they were brought.
Reviews from people like Len can't be trusted. He likes the logistics.

Positive reviews from regular guests will be similarly attacked. They don't want to admit they wasted $$$. They aren't smart enough to see how bad it is.

Some posters will only accept bad reviews as being valid.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No one believes it is 6K per person. The costs are very clearly posted on the Disney web site. How many people in the cabin with him? The costs in the 6K's are per cabin. I would wager to say he is rooming with three other people.

Yeah…. Not everyone is “in the can”

But that guy surely is

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney continued construction during Covid shutdown. I wonder if there were any cutbacks.

Reviews from the bloggers can't be trusted, they were brought
Reviews from people like Len can't be trusted. He likes the logistics.

Positive reviews fro regular guests will be similarly attacked. They don't want to admit the wasted ,$$$. They aren't smart enough to see how.bad it is.

Some posters will only accept bad reviews as being valid.
I just think this one needs time. It will shake out.

As much as there are people who will grind their axe against Disney for everything…no exception here…there are those that will defend them because they don’t know what else to do.

We’re kidding each other if we can’t realize both have to be tempered

pdude81

At some point people should define the attributes of a person whose opinion of their GS experience they will trust.

So now paying customers are going - but those are people who were so eager for the "new car smell" experience that their opinions are tainted.

So we wait a little while - well, those are people who don't want to admit they wasted their money.

So we wait more - well, Disney responded to feedback and now it's different. (as it inevitably will be)
I appreciate you trying to get people to establish goal posts before they move them again later, but I think you're wasting your (digital) breath.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom