News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Movielover

I was going to answer back with a meme from another movie, but since you used the correct version of Wyatt Earp (nothing against Keven Costner and Company, but Tombstone is a much better movie), I'll give it a pass.

R.35896ab5d72a8905526a73a2cae48595

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just actually watched the dinner show. “Redressed cafeteria” was actually generous. It’s pretty much just mood lighting. Then they have the same walk around alien with the cool mask/ moving mouth as part of the show? Just comes across as really low budget to me. It really does just feel like you re on a cruise and walked into the karaoke lounge or something on Halloween. It all needs to be more grand and have more spectacle. But I guess they re not lying. Feels like a cruise that’s kind of Star Wars(y) (but really just Disneys Star Wars that loves obscure characters nobody cares about) with a bunch of cheesy activities except there is no sunshine, ocean or tropical destinations

The only thing I’ve seen that’s kind of cool is the Rey/ Kylo Ren lightsaber battle.
Who?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's a pretty good video on DIS that I flipped through. Honestly - it does look fun and well put together. We all know another sect of this board would eat this up if it was a two-day Adventurer's club experience instead.

Worth 6k? No way... but Disney overcharges for everything. This is just par for the course. I think if people review it kindly outside of the price they aren't total liars.

I wish *this* type of entertainment made its way to the actual Galaxy's Edge product. Some of the actors, costumed characters, R2 unit etc. is what the land is missing.
I don’t think I’ve agreed with you more than here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With it being pitched on GMA etc and receiving a nationwide audience I would expect to see this. Will be interesting to see what happens beyond this first-mover phase.
Tracking bookings is a bit silly until we get a ways into this…one would think?

But then again…some people equate $22 tickets to the box offices over 11 days as proof of movie quality. 🤭

GimpYancIent

Official PR:

Disney marketing does not get the understanding to not over sell a product or service. There is a point potential customers start tuning it out.

FettFan

Lt. Croy is a joy to watch. In this scene, rebel-aligned guests are trying to distract him from finding the escaping droid. His interaction with the children is hilarious...

Croy: What's your name?

Kid: Why should I tell you?

Croy: We'll give you a number.

Yes yes, First Order abducts children to brainwash into stormtroopers. FN-2184 and all that jazz.

However, I foresee that joke backfiring spectacularly if the family happens to be Jewish. 😳

Morkey Moose

I just hope Disney paid to actually have some operators this time for everyone who’s booking Starcrusin’ dates now.
When I was on the phone Saturday to book my Sears Portrait Session, I was on hold for THREE HOURS - so that's a negative. Beyond reviews dropping and the Photo Pass announcement, the phone rep told me they had also opened post-September dates to Golden Oak/Club 33 members that day, which clearly didn't help matters.

Movielover

View attachment 624591

What bothers me about these dining room chairs, is all they had to do to make them look spacey and cool is wrap the bottom, leaving it a bit off the floor to give it the appearance of floating and for an extra touch some battery powered LED lights, so it glows around the edges.
They would even distract from the tables.
That would be better. Also that room should never ever be that brightly lit!

SpoiledBlueMilk

I saw a tweet that I will paraphrase that really sums this up. "If you like generic sci-fi, escape rooms, and experiential community theater, this experience is for you."

I give credit to Disney for taking the hard path of designing an immersive experience, but as much of a Star Wars fan I am, I will hard pass this experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom