News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

JoeCamel

And the mature me realizes in the current model, the ebb and flow will be cutting the corners until the gyro stand that matched theming will be a hot dog stand and far less unique, declining by degrees to keep the profit margin higher, then as the sale of hot dogs in the themed stand goes down, some newer blood goes "hey, what if we did something more unique here?" And if we are lucky, the upside of the cycle can return.
Churros

celluloid

I think what you mean is, "hey what if we put in a vending machine that dispenses hot dogs. No cast member means more profit." I'd bet on that over more unique with modern Disney.

It depends. You can't as easily hire a technician for the vending machines from the College Program and underpay them hourly and collect rent.

celluloid

True, but in Disney fashion, they'd just leave it broken. No technician needed. ;)

Definitely true. Four machines, one operational and a machine to take a bad photo of your dissapointment for only 79 bucks!

Long term is where the excitement of this Starcruiser project for me now.

I hope Hoop Dee Doo can come back. That is more my speed and type of living theater interaction.

sedati

Anyone with a VR headset should check out this great tour from Attractions Magazine:

I'm honestly surprised at how much better it looks than in other videos I've seen. The Rodian is really impressive up close and I got more Star Wars vibes from the various rooms. Wish they showed their cabin, but maybe that's for another video.

GimpYancIent

Just want to point out that the launching and initial iteration of the Galactic Star Cruiser experience will not be the only thing going on 1 March 2022. It is also Phat Tuesday, you got it, Mardi Gras as they say in Louisiana "Let the Good Times Roll" there is a party going on at Universal. Just saying.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just want to point out that the launching and initial iteration of the Galactic Star Cruiser experience will not be the only thing going on 1 March 2022. It is also Phat Tuesday, you got it, Mardi Gras as they say in Louisiana "Let the Good Times Roll" there is a party going on at Universal. Just saying.
…the parks will be loaded with that “no good yankee” stimulus money

UNCgolf

Anyone with a VR headset should check out this great tour from Attractions Magazine:

I'm honestly surprised at how much better it looks than in other videos I've seen. The Rodian is really impressive up close and I got more Star Wars vibes from the various rooms. Wish they showed their cabin, but maybe that's for another video.

Some of the areas do look even better in this -- the hallways especially are much improved -- and I agree a lot of it looks more like Star Wars than it has in other photos/videos.

Unfortunately, it also makes the dining room look even worse in comparison. I'm still baffled by what they were thinking there; I believe that's the room that guests will be in the most during waking hours and it looks terrible compared to basically everything else. The room itself is bland and empty, and the tables and chairs like similar to what is set up in a convention center for a meeting. The "chandeliers" are the only thing that gives it any character at all and even they are underwhelming.

Last edited:

_caleb

Anyone notice the exclusive merch already being listed on eBay?

Only $1,198.98.
“This is a preorder and will ship on or around March 3”

8794C987-8ED1-479B-A5F6-A63F50236033.jpeg
CE28E7F9-9221-452A-AC61-058B6727B53B.jpeg

waltography

Some of the areas do look even better in this -- the hallways especially are much improved -- and I agree a lot of it looks more like Star Wars than it has in other photos/videos.

Unfortunately, it also makes the dining room look even worse in comparison. I'm still baffled by what they were thinking there; I believe that's the room that guests will be in the most during waking hours and it looks terrible compared to basically everything else. The room itself is bland and empty, and the tables and chairs look like what you'd see put in a convention center for a meeting. The "chandeliers" are the only thing that gives it any character at all and even they are underwhelming.
Nice tablecloths, chairs with armrests, and more ambient sources of lighting would go a long way to making it feel more classy. It doesn't have to be pitch black, but even buffets can look nice under the right lighting.

MagicHappens1971

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but on one of the test "influencer" cruises (not the media day), they were given "loaner" phones to use as their "datapads", will that be commonplace for all guests aboard the Halcyon?

waltography

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but on one of the test "influencer" cruises (not the media day), they were given "loaner" phones to use as their "datapads", will that be commonplace for all guests aboard the Halcyon?
I remember reading in a review that all guests would check out a datapad upon arrival that would be returned at the end of the trip; apparently the goal is to eventually have the datapad functionalities in the current datapad on the Play Disney Parks app, but they've been having issues testing it on a variety of devices.
Just requoting from an earlier response I made. I will say that I would rather they continue loaning out phones instead of having it on your phone - makes it feel more authentic to me and I won't have to worry about my own phone's battery throughout the experience (small but important mental distinction in my opinion, even if we're responsible for recharging our loaner phone throughout the trip).

mickEblu

Just actually watched the dinner show. “Redressed cafeteria” was actually generous. It’s pretty much just mood lighting. Then they have the same walk around alien with the cool mask/ moving mouth as part of the show? Just comes across as really low budget to me. It really does just feel like you re on a cruise and walked into the karaoke lounge or something on Halloween. It all needs to be more grand and have more spectacle. But I guess they re not lying. Feels like a cruise that’s kind of Star Wars(y) (but really just Disneys Star Wars that loves obscure characters nobody cares about) with a bunch of cheesy activities except there is no sunshine, ocean or tropical destinations

The only thing I’ve seen that’s kind of cool is the Rey/ Kylo Ren lightsaber battle.

BrianLo

There's a pretty good video on DIS that I flipped through. Honestly - it does look fun and well put together. We all know another sect of this board would eat this up if it was a two-day Adventurer's club experience instead.

Worth 6k? No way... but Disney overcharges for everything. This is just par for the course. I think if people review it kindly outside of the price they aren't total liars.

I wish *this* type of entertainment made its way to the actual Galaxy's Edge product. Some of the actors, costumed characters, R2 unit etc. is what the land is missing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From a high of about 28 a week ago, there now are only 6 cruises available for March thru June.

For July thru September, there aren't a lot of fully booked cruises yet (and never were). But the number of booked cruises went up from 7 two days ago to 8 today.
March thru June is now fully booked.

Whereas there were 8 fully booked days in July thru September just yesterday, there are now 30.

1646032278506.png

1646032304703.png

1646032333457.png

If I were Disney, I'd put back the 'cringey' video back online, with a smile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom