News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

The kind of interaction that the experience requires is just going to be super embarrassing for a lot of teens--too old to think it's real, too young and self conscious to be able to let go and enjoy it. That's not to say that kids that age don't like to cosplay, but they want to do their own cool thing for their friends, not play pretend with Mom and Dad.
Also this is too expensive to be able to ask a friend if they want to come along

waltography

I haven’t had the chance to read the 40-45 pages created in the last 24 hours. But watching one of the review videos it’s interesting that they have this one CM in like a suit/tux outfit in a normal WDW name tag throughout the journey, and even the imagineer do a little spiel about the D3-09. Seems to break story
From what I've seen it's not Imagineers but ship attendants that do the spiel about D3-O9, which isn't story-breaking; also, the videos I've seen of attendants standing by the playtest are from the 4-hour highlights experience that some vloggers got.

waltography

Also this is too expensive to be able to ask a friend if they want to come along
This would have been a fun experience to have for a birthday trip with friends, but I can't fathom asking my friends to drop $2k (including flights and transportation there) plus give up 3 days of their life for a trip like this.

After watching it something that concerns me is that she says there are some experiences and storylines that are definitely better than others. I’m thinking it won’t be long until people can search on the web to find out what those are and how to access them which will then skew the overall expletive for all the attendees.

Morkey Moose

My cruise's Facebook group were discussing the "backstories" they've crafted and honestly that's not even something I've considered. "Married siblings" is clearly old hat at this point, so I'm considering either "breeder of exotic Loth Cats for show and sustenance" or "camtono importer/exporter (safest safes in the galaxy, har-har)." Open to suggestions.

UNCgolf

Studio hangars aren’t cheap ways to leave show buildings visible?

They were completely in theme for the park.

You can absolutely argue that was done to be cheap (and I wouldn't argue otherwise), but you can't argue they were visible show buildings that detracted from theme. They looked exactly like studio soundstage buildings, which is what they were supposed to be in the park's theme.

They admittedly don't work nearly as well today because the park has given up on the original theme, but that's a separate issue.

Last edited:

durangojim

My cruise's Facebook group were discussing the "backstories" they've crafted and honestly that's not even something I've considered. "Married siblings" is clearly old hat at this point, so I'm considering either "breeder of exotic Loth Cats for show and sustenance" or "camtono importer/exporter (safest safes in the galaxy, har-har)." Open to suggestions.
Camtono sounds too much like camel toe to me but you could always dress up like Wilrow Hood for your cruise!

0C4C5986-67A1-4ACA-BCFE-F8E448DA5975.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Totally different circumstances - and totally different buildings, too.

The Galaxy's Edge/Starcruiser buildings do not play by the same rules as The Streets of America.
You mean something built on the cheap to be functioning studio in 1987 with a $30 ticket shouldn’t be as high of a standard as something built as a straight upcharge next to the same park that is still underequipped for a $120+$15+$24+$24 ticket??

…get outta town

Last edited:

sedati

Seems I need help absorbing my media. As I'm coming to understand it, I should be heavily downgrading any comped review while taking any self-paid review at face value.
But...
What if the self-paid reviewer is an influencer upset they were not one of the "Chosen Few," and now has a petty axe to grind?
What if some influencers technically pay for the trip, but the funds actually come so from money raised by Patreon, GoFundME, etc for that exact purpose and not an actual "out of pocket" expense.
Speaking of which, aren't some able to write off some of this as a business expense? Highly suspect.
And what about a review from one of the many self-appointed "good customers" that have been vocal about not also being one of the "Chosen Few" and are upset that "stupid influencers" are more valued by the company they've already given so much hard earned cash to.
What if the trip was given as a gift, not from Disney, but from literally anyone else? I would hope their review would mention that deep-pocket-grandma forked over the cash.

So is there a formula out there for finding the honest and true? Or do we... gasp- just go with our gut as everyone has since the creation of advertisements, reviews, and general word of mouth.

yensidtlaw1969

You mean something built on the cheap to be functioning studio in 1987 with a $30 ticket shouldn’t be as high of a standard as something built as a straight upcharge next to the same park that is still is underequipped for a $120+$15+$24+$24 ticket??

…get outta town
Let alone a $6,000 straight upcharge. Which touts itself loudly as the "most immersive immersive that ever immersived immersiveness . . . immersively".

sedati

Totally different circumstances - and totally different buildings, too.

The Galaxy's Edge/Starcruiser buildings do not play by the same rules as The Streets of America.
Catastrophe Canyon? Muppets? Indiana Jones? Star Tours? Various other backstage structures of unknown purpose. All visible from the arrival and parking lot.

UNCgolf

Catastrophe Canyon? Muppets? Indiana Jones? Star Tours? Various other backstage structures of unknown purpose. All visible from the arrival and parking lot.

And completely in theme, which is the only thing that matters in this discussion. Have you ever been on a studio lot? That's what they look like. It's nonsensical to compare them to other parks that don't have that theme.

Now if you want to argue it was a bad theme, then sure, make that argument. Compare it Chester and Hester's, which is actually pretty well themed for what it is -- it's just not a very good theme. But you can't legitimately argue they were unthemed and pretend they're equivalent to visible, unthemed show buildings in other places.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom