News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

March 31 has opened up if anyone wants to go.
tumblr_nkg0ypYThW1u66hq1o1_250.gif

kingdead

In some of the bridge videos there are teens who look bored as the actors so call 'act' and are leaning against the consoles. Also in one of the Gaya videos, she walks past a pre-teen and the look on his face says it all.
That's one of the reasons that I'm surprised this wasn't broken up into its original components--if your teen thinks he's too cool for the stage show, you can still take the little ones and let him ride Smuggler's Run again or go to the shops. You're not going to have to take him there and have him sulking the whole time. Couples can go to the restaurant, people with little kids can take them to the lightsaber game. This forces everyone into everything because otherwise you're "wasting money."

Longterm, it’s the 45-60 crowd they’re gonna have to crack…whether anyone wants to admit it or not.
Please, if anyone knows anyone under 45 who can afford this place, tell me where they live so I can find this paradise...

MrPromey

Some good datapad-centric information here: https://www.simplemost.com/disneys-new-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/

Personally I know someone is going to have a google sheet at some point tracking-out all the storylines and what you must do to get a full experience.

It'll be a challenge not to spoil myself. Seriously.
Try not to spend more than two hours out of the fridge at a time, be sure the door seals nicely and the light goes out when inside and I think you’ll be fine.

MagicHappens1971

I haven’t had the chance to read the 40-45 pages created in the last 24 hours. But watching one of the review videos it’s interesting that they have this one CM in like a suit/tux outfit in a normal WDW name tag throughout the journey, and even the imagineer do a little spiel about the D3-09. Seems to break story

durangojim

No teens. But then the invited legacy media likely didn't bring their family. And the Orlando blogger crowd is mostly made up of childless, single men and a few boyfriend/girlfriend couples that seem to be extending their adolesence beyond their 30th birthday.

The teens will show up. The upper-middle class family demographic this is aimed at have teen children.
I’m not sure to be honest if families with teens are the demographic. My family is exactly the type that this is geared for. We spend in the 5 digits at Disney alone each year (although that will be changing) and are huge Star Wars fans. Even if I wanted to do it my wife Andy daughter would not and My son is indifferent about it. From speaking with my patients, both the teen ones and adults, there just isn’t much interest in this even from the wealthier ones.

durangojim

I haven’t had the chance to read the 40-45 pages created in the last 24 hours. But watching one of the review videos it’s interesting that they have this one CM in like a suit/tux outfit in a normal WDW name tag throughout the journey, and even the imagineer do a little spiel about the D3-09. Seems to break story
I think that was for the bloggers who were only there for an afternoon. Not the ones who got to spend the night.

kingdead

I’m not sure to be honest if families with teens are the demographic. My family is exactly the type that this is geared for. We spend in the 5 digits at Disney alone each year (although that will be changing) and are huge Star Wars fans. Even if I wanted to do it my wife Andy daughter would not and My son is indifferent about it. From speaking with my patients, both the teen ones and adults, there just isn’t much interest in this even from the wealthier ones.
The kind of interaction that the experience requires is just going to be super embarrassing for a lot of teens--too old to think it's real, too young and self conscious to be able to let go and enjoy it. That's not to say that kids that age don't like to cosplay, but they want to do their own cool thing for their friends, not play pretend with Mom and Dad.

erasure fan1

From watching the DFB guide on the star cruiser, I hate to say I still think it looks terrible. Outside of the storm troopers, Chewbacca and a few other things, it doesn't look or feel like star wars. This was a press event so of course this was Disneys best. But so much of what was shown is just downright cringe worthy. Maybe it's just the video, but that R2 unit looks so cheap. DFB said it was definitely for big star wars fans, but I just don't see it. Even if I had 6 grand, I wouldn't do this. I'll be very curious to see real people's reaction to this.

durangojim

Ok, this actually addresses your points. It's a comped visit but is very fair in it's assessment. Forget her opinions on whether she enjoyed it or not, just concentrate on her answers to your questions. The only ones she doesn't answer is the travel to GE. It's worth a watch just for the answers you seek rather than her judgements

After watching it something that concerns me is that she says there are some experiences and storylines that are definitely better than others. I’m thinking it won’t be long until people can search on the web to find out what those are and how to access them which will then skew the overall expletive for all the attendees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom