News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The only E-Ticket whose showbuilding was revealed by the Skyway was 20,000 Leagues - and both it and the Skyway closed in 1994.

It's silly to act like Disney can't and shouldn't do better today, especially at this price point.
Sorry, but not correct. Both the Haunted Mansion and it's a small world were E tickets and the show buildings were visible from the Skyway.

Disstevefan1

The problem is this is another way of saying you won't really believe anybody who says they enjoyed it. Which is fine, I guess. Don't go.
I guess there are two things that get conflated here, 1. Did I enjoy it. 2. Was it worth the money.
Folks can say:
I didn’t enjoy it, therefore wasn’t worth the money at any price.
I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t worth the money, one and done. (this is OK with Disney).
I enjoyed it, the cost was not a factor.

You can enjoy something and also think it was not worth the money.

It gets tricky when you recommend something when cost is a factor. For some folks 6K is a lot of money, for some folks, it’s not.

Magenta Panther

No offense to the actors...but I've honestly seen better stuff from visiting Renaissance faires. The last one I attended - in Kansas City - had some of the best character actors I've ever seen. The Lord Mayor was especially good. And there were some would-be bandits, one of whom was a bit...janky...kept brandishing a big rock and shouting "I have a STONE." And there were monks selling sugared almonds, shouting "Buy my nuts!" :hilarious:

Anyway, the Star Cruiser...how embarrassing. $6000 bucks for that? Hoo boy. A big fight between MaRey Sue and wannabe Vader, big deal. But no doubt some suckers will pay for that. Yeesh.

corran horn

I had to laugh when I saw this given someone mentioned how the bathrooms didn't look Star Wars-y

1645809384395.png

Tha Realest

The entertainment in the starcruiser is what we all expect in Galaxy's Edge for free. That light saber battle looks similar to how they do it at Avengers Campus...behind railings.

I remember the First Order lieutenant here when he was still roaming around GE pre pandemic. Glad he's still around cause he's a great actor.
That guy is great. He understood the assignment.

yensidtlaw1969

Sorry, but not correct. Both the Haunted Mansion and it's a small world were E tickets and the show buildings were visible from the Skyway.
I'll give you Small World, but I don't recall ever seeing The Haunted Mansion's Show Building

Also, I made another mistake in my earlier post - WDW's Skyway closed in 1999, not 1994, which is when Disneyland's closed. What I get for posting before drinking my coffee.

waltography

Still hung up over the lightsaber switch in the finale. Surely there was a better solution right in front of them? I see there are banners hung along the railings; it wouldn't be out of place for thick banners that you can't see through to be hung along them for Day 2 of the experience, have actors say it's to prep for the final day's celebrations, and then right before the show have the fight lightsaber ready to go behind said banner. Block the scene so Rey stops behind it, giving her time to switch without it being so obvious/having her crouch down and clearly pick up a new object.

On another note, it's wild the lightsaber has a button that can be triggered from the handle in fight mode, especially considering how it ruins the point of the switch when the lightsaber turns off and the light tube is revealed. Surely they could have had the lightsaber built so the button was perhaps at the bottom of the hilt or protected somehow so it wouldn't be easily accessed?

Incomudro

No offense to the actors...but I've honestly seen better stuff from visiting Renaissance faires. The last one I attended - in Kansas City - had some of the best character actors I've ever seen. The Lord Mayor was especially good. And there were some would-be bandits, one of whom was a bit...janky...kept brandishing a big rock and shouting "I have a STONE." And there were monks selling sugared almonds, shouting "Buy my nuts!" :hilarious:

Anyway, the Star Cruiser...how embarrassing. $6000 bucks for that? Hoo boy. A big fight between MaRey Sue and wannabe Vader, big deal. But no doubt some suckers will pay for that. Yeesh.
Acting looks and feels different when you're there.
It's much like watching a concert on youtube and subjecting it to analysis is different from being there and experiencing it.
That doesn't mean that this acting isn't campy and forced - but that's part of the fun of it, and again - it's different when you're there a part of it vs viewing it critically at home on a media device.

Last edited:

Timmay

Well you won't be going then, it's not for you. I have no intention of going either but I think it looks good fun for those who enjoy this type of thing. Even some on this thread have said they were slating it but it actually does look fun. Perhaps they're lying to stay in Disney's good boo ..................................., oh yes they've not paid.

It's subjective really, you think it's awful. That's fine
Yeah. The whole thing looks good and fun…if you are into a LARP/RPG/Team building exercise weekend. Some people will eat that up, and for them, this is quality stuff. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not for me in any way, and there’s nothing wrong with that either.

Obviously, there are some folks unable to accept the reality of that.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'll give you Small World, but I don't recall ever seeing The Haunted Mansion's Show Building

Also, I made another mistake in my earlier post - WDW's Skyway closed in 1999, not 1994, which is when Disneyland's closed. What I get for posting before drinking my coffee.
My apologies. You are right about Haunted Mansion. I was remembering wrong.

Imhere

I can almost hear you all gasping like middle school girls while typing out your newest trash posts.

This is not something I'd want to do from the first time I heard about it. I'm a big SW fan, but, not so much on the larping aspect.

However, I look at it as Disney being the first to try something. There's no playbook for this. If it's a swing and a miss, so be it. What I don't understand, though, is all the posters who actually wish, and look forward to this being a failure. Why? Really, why?

The price? It sounds high, but instead of looking at a base price, of what, $4800 for 2, I look at the difference between 2 nites in a Deluxe and food and $4800. The difference is the premium you are paying, right? I think most are comparing the price between 2 days of their normal Dis vacation vs the 2 days of SW vacation. If you are comparing it between SW & 2 days sitting in your Lay Z Boy, then yeah, I see your point.

Think they did it on the cheap? The looks of the place may not match up with what you think a Starship should look like, but how much do you think that would cost? Pretty hi Castmember to Guest ratio vs any other Dis hotel, that costs money, it's not cheap.

Ok, sorry for the interruption, back to the petty complaining.

Oh and by the way, 2 nites at this place isn't required, is it?

JohnD

I can almost hear you all gasping like middle school girls while typing out your newest trash posts.

This is not something I'd want to do from the first time I heard about it. I'm a big SW fan, but, not so much on the larping aspect.

However, I look at it as Disney being the first to try something. There's no playbook for this. If it's a swing and a miss, so be it. What I don't understand, though, is all the posters who actually wish, and look forward to this being a failure. Why? Really, why?

The price? It sounds high, but instead of looking at a base price, of what, $4800 for 2, I look at the difference between 2 nites in a Deluxe and food and $4800. The difference is the premium you are paying, right? I think most are comparing the price between 2 days of their normal Dis vacation vs the 2 days of SW vacation. If you are comparing it between SW & 2 days sitting in your Lay Z Boy, then yeah, I see your point.

Think they did it on the cheap? The looks of the place may not match up with what you think a Starship should look like, but how much do you think that would cost? Pretty hi Castmember to Guest ratio vs any other Dis hotel, that costs money, it's not cheap.

Ok, sorry for the interruption, back to the petty complaining.

Oh and by the way, 2 nites at this place isn't required, is it?

The two nights is required. Think of it as a two-night cruise. (It's a pretend journey in space anyway, although it takes place only on the "Starcruiser" and Galaxy's Edge.

Incomudro

Just did an assessment on my take on this and the cost issue.
Is it something that at our current financial situation (we've got a 7 day trip for our family of four booked at the Swan for late March) I'd be willing to save and spend that amount of cash on?
Well, no.
If my financial situation was one where $6,000 could easily be dropped - or (preferably) this could be added to our trip?
Certainly.
In that situation, it looks well done and lots of fun.
So...
I won't "go for it," but for those that can it looks like it delivers.

LSLS

Ok, one thing bothering me, do the bunks have no curtains or anything? I always assumed there would be some way to get a bit of privacy with the bunk overlooking the bed, but is there really none?

kingdead

I'm reading Jenny Nicholson's tweets (theme park/Disney vlogger for those who don't know) and one of the issues that's coming up is that some story experiences may be linked to upcharges. So if you want to play the Jedi storyline, you might have to book Savi's, if you want a smuggler storyline, you might have to book Oga's, etc. Raises the question of what happens to those people who have already done those experiences and don't book again--do they get stuck with space bingo?

Again, this wouldn't be a huge problem if the price point didn't add so much stress. Most people can do this only once if at all and FOMO leads to anger, which leads to the Dark side, etc.

FettFan

Well you won't be going then, it's not for you. I have no intention of going either but I think it looks good fun for those who enjoy this type of thing. Even some on this thread have said they were slating it but it actually does look fun. Perhaps they're lying to stay in Disney's good boo ..................................., oh yes they've not paid.

It's subjective really, you think it's awful. That's fine

I don’t think “fun” was the main issue here; it was more about the insane price tag Disney put on that fun.

As the Galactic Starcruiser exists right now, the value simply isn’t there.

lazyboy97o

We had been wondering what those external window-like things were on the building when we knew they were likely not windows. Apparently it is part of the 'emergency escape from your room' system of some sort.
They are windows. It’s just a space to wait next to the window. Windows are considered a “means of escape” in Residential occupancies (which includes hotels)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom