News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

So skimming through vids I could have totally seen myself doing this with my kids when they were between 6-10 and if it was around $2-3000. Now days with two teens I can think of a lot of other things to do for $6000 that they and me would enjoy more. Also, to be honest it looks exhausting and a bit like work. I am way more impressed with how the ship looks than I thought I would be although I still feel the dining room looks bad and the lightsaber training is pretty laughable. Can anyone point me to a video of sabaac being played? At this point I hope Disney gives the option to spend a couple of hours on the ship which I think would be the best case scenario.

Also any videos showing any of the suites?

Last edited:

mergatroid

I always was. It looks fun. I do read into the fact that to get the full experience you'll have to be fully engaged at all times, which is leading to some potential FOMO. But that's ok. We're all excited.

I'm not a 'big room and hang by the pool' guy anyway so that never bothered me in the slightest. I've been to Disney a million times. Used to live between there and MCO off landstar and 417. This is something new for us all and we can't wait.
Good to hear and here's hoping you have a blast. Watching some of the videos there's much to be gained by watching with your own eyes. All the shots I've seen have been filmed exactly the same as whether the person behind the camera paid to go or didn't. For instance the room looks the same as do the experiences whether you paid $5,000 or got in free. The only debatable part is how it's edited I suppose. They could have cut bad parts out though some wag will say "It's all bad".

The actual reviews will explain whether the entire 2 days flow smoothly or not. I'll give those who say "You can't judge if you don't pay" some leeway and say let's wait till paying guests arrive and what they say about it. What I can do though is judge what I see with my own eyes and what I see I think looks very good. I doubt I'd want 2 days of that as I prefer to relax and decide what to do myself more than sign up for an event like that but then again I'm not the target audience.

Again enjoy your trip, looks like you'll have fun and will.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I laughed so hard at this...

1645807283778.png

And the close up of the images.. XD
1645807312222.png

UNCgolf

I don't know, outside of the price it seems as if people really did have fun. From reading here, I expected the entirety of the voyage to be trashed.

Price is easy to fix - reworking an entire idea not so easy.

They can lower the price (which would still be higher than any deluxe stay) and more people will book.

This is exactly what I expected. I didn't think the whole thing would be a disaster; I just expected people to think it was wildly overpriced for what was actually offered.

I read a review earlier from someone who was at a 4 hour media mini-preview (i.e. they didn't go for the full cruise) and they said the story things they saw were neat, but that the hotel itself felt claustrophobic (i.e. everything felt too small) and the interiors were not especially impressive, which I think aligns with what most people (with a few exceptions) in this thread thought -- that the actual build itself is pretty underwhelming, but the other aspects you can't see in a photo could be fun.

I think if Disney eventually prices this at something like $2000-2500 for the whole experience, it'll churn along successfully for a while (although they'll still have to make significant changes at some point, because it doesn't sound like very many people would be interested in doing it a second time).

Last edited:

Giss Neric

The entertainment in the starcruiser is what we all expect in Galaxy's Edge for free. That light saber battle looks similar to how they do it at Avengers Campus...behind railings.

I remember the First Order lieutenant here when he was still roaming around GE pre pandemic. Glad he's still around cause he's a great actor.

corran horn

So we're at the captain's table too (by they time we decided to do this at all the money ship had already sailed so why not) and this all looks very cool. Thank you for posting.

corran horn

The entertainment in the starcruiser is what we all expect in Galaxy's Edge for free. That light saber battle looks similar to how they do it at Avengers Campus...behind railings.

I remember the First Order lieutenant here when he was still roaming around GE pre pandemic. Glad he's still around cause he's a great actor.
"You may be on vacation...but we are here on BUSINESS" is a great line.

Patcheslee

So skimming through vids I could have totally seen myself doing this with my kids when they were between 6-10 and if it was around $2-3000. Now days with two teens I can think of a lot of other things to do for $6000 that they and me would enjoy more. Also, to be honest it looks exhausting and a bit like work. I am way more impressed with how the ship looks than I thought I would be although I still feel the dining room looks bad and the lightsaber training is pretty laughable. Can anyone point me to a video of sabaac being played? At this point I hope Disney gives the option to spend a couple of hours on the ship which I think would be the best case scenario.

Also any videos showing any of the suites?
Attractions Magazine has one of the 1brd suite. (Sorry I can't copy links for some reason)

Incomudro

For the current price point or for the price of admission to DHS?
For the price, I'm not certain - and that's been something that's concerned me during the entire concept.
If money didn't matter (I've got a brother in law who can easily swing this who was a Star Wars kid who will most certainly do this) and it was just a throwaway expense then for sure it'd be worth it.
In any event, the whole place looks well done, there's more to it than we were shown, and well staged.
It's got that Adventurers Club, Hollywood Studios street performer thing happening that I thought it should have.

Last edited:

VJ

Here's what bugs me: Bloggers essentially get a 4-hour free trial of Galactic Starcruiser. Journalists get a 2-day free trial.

What do "valued" Guests get? They get the ability to close their eyes, click the "buy" button and hope to the Maker that they made the right decision. You can't hate your experience after spending that much money - then it was a waste of money, and ultimately that's on the Guest. Disney shoots.... Disney scores!

flynnibus

Premium Member
So it does seem ideas first discussed for GE did get held back for this verse enhanced versions here.

It seems like the character interactions are good… the scheduling possibilities are good (all the ‘trapped’ complaining can please die already).

I guess the story moments’ alerts are hopefully just when they want a show in the main area?

I need to watch more for the interiors and interactive stuff. Variety overload right now with the media blitz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom