News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sir_Cliff

Must admit I'm one of those who is kind of surprised with how much better it looks and sounds than I was imagining. I've watched some of The Dis and Jojo's videos (hey, I'm at home with Covid so have nowhere to go and the Ukraine-Russia conflict is above my current mental processing capacity!), and it actually looks ok. Even the rooms don't look as pokey as in the photos.

The main thing I get from the reviews is that it's not worth the price, but that is all relative. I wonder if they would say the Disney resorts are worth the price they routinely sell rooms for at present? Again, this type of experience isn't for me, but from what I've seen of it I can kind of imagine that for those for whom money isn't an issue, this might be something they would enjoy. Particularly if they had little kids.

mergatroid

The video I posted without watching is a good watch. You get 45 mins of a variety of activities. Nowhere are you told how good or bad it is, it's just watch this and decide. In my opinion it looks very well done, much better than the way some have predicted. Not worth $5,000 of my money as I've said from day 1 as role play isn't my thing. However I can see a lot of fun to be had by those who enjoy this sort of thing. Again this video is watch and judge and to me it looks good on various levels.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

LMAO!!! Omg this looks awful. Everything on the bridge is cringy!!!! And boring. The fight with Kylo and Rey looks more like a dance than a fight. I especially love when the sabers hits the rails of the upper deck and they don't get damaged at all. Only little sparks come from random little boxes. The upper area gets no damage at all. Oh and Kylo no longer sounds like Kylo. Sounds like Super Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Guess Adam Driver wisely said 'no' to coming back to this or lending his voice for this. The Kylo on Batuu at least sounds like him. Also if this is between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker how does Kylo even have a mask?? He hasn't repaired the one he destroyed yet? So how does he have a non damaged one? And why doesn't he use this one instead of the one he fixed???

Interrupting my dinner and forcing me to leave my food I paid for to see some over choreographed dance fight would tick me off. That part where he has to be an mechanic shows the fundamental problem of how this is not a cruise. He said he wanted to go eat at his lesiure instead of working on the ship. You can't do what you want. It all looks plasticy and fake and not worth the price. God the acting is insufferable especially Flabber.... I mean Captain Kathleen Kennedy.

Last edited:

Rickcat96

Im not sold. Food looks well done, rooms appear to be better then first glance, Im way over the cringey forced accents, Captain should have a chair (instead of walking all over the place) Lounge should have a stage. Light Saber battle is weak, plenty of amateur video's online are so much better.

It looks like it could be fun, but certainly the price is way off. Hope improvements change my mind.

GimpYancIent

Exactly. To be honest the more I see the more I both cringe at the entire experience (that's fine, LARPing isn't for me) and the exorbitant price. But, to each their own and I hope that people who do go have fun. I can't even find a reason to spend the money to go to Disney at all these days, so maybe I'm out of touch on what people are willing to pay.
You are not out of touch. Sadly, the whole Disney experience and now the Star Cruiser immersive experience added to it comes down to questioning if the product / experience is worth the cost / price. More and more fans / guests / travelers are questioning the value of the offerings and deciding they are not worth it at the current price points.

mergatroid

LMAO!!! Omg this looks awful. Everything on the bridge is cringy!!!! And boring. The fight with Kylo and Rey looks more like a dance than a fight. I especially love when the sabers hits the rails of the upper deck and they don't get damaged at all. Only little sparks come from random little boxes. The upper area gets no damage at all. Oh and Kylo no longer sounds like Kylo. Sounds like Super Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Also if this is between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker how does Kylo even have a mask?? He hasn't repaired the one he destroyed yet? So how does he have a non damaged one? And why doesn't he use this one instead of the one he fixed???

Interrupting my dinner and forcing me to leave my phone I paid for to see some over choreographed dance fight would tick me off. That part where he has to be an mechanic shows the fundamental problem of how this is not a cruise. He said he wanted to go eat at his lesiure instead of working on the ship. You can't do what you want. It all looks plasticy and fake and not worth the price. God the acting is insufferable especially Flabber.... I mean Captain Kathleen Kennedy.
Well you won't be going then, it's not for you. I have no intention of going either but I think it looks good fun for those who enjoy this type of thing. Even some on this thread have said they were slating it but it actually does look fun. Perhaps they're lying to stay in Disney's good boo ..................................., oh yes they've not paid.

It's subjective really, you think it's awful. That's fine

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Looks like the lightsaber training involves CMs behind each person
'Broadway level acting' LMAO!! Yeah..ok pal
Said by someone who obviously had never seen a broadway play. That acting was barley acting it was so cringy. And the Lightsaber Training is sooo boring. It's what we thought it would be.

Last edited:

Dragonman

LMAO!!! Omg this looks awful. Everything on the bridge is cringy!!!! And boring. The fight with Kylo and Rey looks more like a dance than a fight. I especially love when the sabers hits the rails of the upper deck and they don't get damaged at all. Only little sparks come from random little boxes. The upper area gets no damage at all. Oh and Kylo no longer sounds like Kylo. Sounds like Super Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. Also if this is between Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker how does Kylo even have a mask?? He hasn't repaired the one he destroyed yet? So how does he have a non damaged one? And why doesn't he use this one instead of the one he fixed???

Interrupting my dinner and forcing me to leave my phone I paid for to see some over choreographed dance fight would tick me off. That part where he has to be an mechanic shows the fundamental problem of how this is not a cruise. He said he wanted to go eat at his lesiure instead of working on the ship. You can't do what you want. It all looks plasticy and fake and not worth the price. God the acting is insufferable especially Flabber.... I mean Captain Kathleen Kennedy.
Also it’s extremely obvious when Rey puts down the retractable lightsaber to swap it with the fighting model.

Virtual Toad

The verbal gymnastics they do to not use specific words is astounding. In my mind, if someone reads that and it doesn't convey "luxury", well, then there's a whole lot of intellectual dishonesty going on, or willful ignorance.
I think it’s a combination of the fictional setting’s “backstory” of a legendary and luxurious space cruiser along with the real-world price point that were setting expectations. Now that video and reviews are surfacing of the real thing, folks will judge for themselves if the offering is worth the price.

jinx8402

This is not a movie. They have to deal with real world limitations of live theatre.

Also since this takes place after Last Jedi, we can suspend disbelief that he repaired the helmet before this and batuu (where he also wears his helmet). The montage in Rise showing him fixing the helmet could have been a flashback that occurs before this. There. Problem solved.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Im not sold. Food looks well done, rooms appear to be better then first glance, Im way over the cringey forced accents, Captain should have a chair (instead of walking all over the place) Lounge should have a stage. Light Saber battle is weak, plenty of amateur video's online are so much better.

It looks like it could be fun, but certainly the price is way off. Hope improvements change my mind.
The rooms look awful and very tiny still.

LSLS

'Broadway level acting' LMAO!! Yeah..ok pal
Said by someone who obviously had never seen a broadway play. That acting was barley acting it was so cringy. And the Lightsaber Training is sooo boring. It' swhag we thought it would be
Wow. I'm not spending time going through most of these, but that's such an insult. Broadway actors spend decades training and working to get to the top of their field.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This is not a movie. They have to deal with real world limitations of live theatre.

Also since this takes place after Last Jedi, we can suspend disbelief that he repaired the helmet before this and batuu (where he also wears his helmet). The montage in Rise showing him fixing the helmet could have been a flashback that occurs before this. There. Problem solved.
Tell that to Disney pal. They are the ones who put this between 2 movies and everytime we see a Lightsaber the area the fight occurs in always had battle damage. The scaffolding they fight on looks just fine after and ruins the credability of the moment since we know from the films what happens when lightsabers are used. Stop being a Disney apologist Pal.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But he doesn't. The films show him to have one mask only. That he repairs and wears with wielding marks in Rise of Skywalker. The mask he wears here is pristine. If he had this mask, why does he repair one in the events after this 'story'? Don't blame me for pointing out the mistakes Disney set up themselves by putting this between 2 movies. They are the ones who pigeon holed themselves. Calling out timeline inconsistencies is fair game.

MurphyJoe

This is an odd "For the price" comment. Cruises with families don't want people "wedding night" drunk. For that you must pay.

An easy way of handling that is capping the number of drinks per person. Scan the databand with each drink. Easy to integrate into the story too. "Sorry, there's a five drink maximum under the First Order. No. That doesn't mean you can order another five with your second, sir."

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Exactly. To be honest the more I see the more I both cringe at the entire experience (that's fine, LARPing isn't for me) and the exorbitant price. But, to each their own and I hope that people who do go have fun. I can't even find a reason to spend the money to go to Disney at all these days, so maybe I'm out of touch on what people are willing to pay.
This isn't even larping. The story would play out the same way no matter who the guest is. That is not Larping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom