News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mergatroid

Someone sounds hurt they can't defend this with a straight face anymore since videos are now out there of how bad this really is.
Not at all, you sound like you're upset that some are saying they think it looks fun? A lot are saying it's not as bad as people were predicting, even fun. Not for you fine, enjoy typing LMOA It's awful repeatedly. I'm realistic, it's not worth $5,000 of my money which means I'm not the target audience for Disney.

Tha Realest

Oh and why is Yoda there?! He never met Kylo or Ray! Oh I could think about is 'oh no! They dragged out poor Frank Oz for this?! Leave him be!' God, how embarrassing.
That's Baby Yoda. He's aged tremendously in the years between Mandalorian and TROS given how much the future of Star Wars rests upon him, much like how U.S. presidents age over the course of their time in office.

kingdead

Wow. I'm not spending time going through most of these, but that's such an insult. Broadway actors spend decades training and working to get to the top of their field.
Think that's what they meant--while the CMs doing this are hard working, it's not exactly the artistic equivalent of a Broadway production. Comparing this to, say, Hamilton is ridiculous (and I don't even LIKE Hamilton).

Anyway, it looks like a bunch of fun (or fun-ish) regular old theme park activities stashed behind a $6k paywall. The food and singer is what was supposed to be the standalone restaurant, the finale is what was supposed to be the stage show, the lightsaber training is the old Jedi Academy. I guess the experience is having all those things strung together at once in a storyline?

jinx8402

But he doesn't. The films show him to have one mask only. That he repairs and wears with wielding marks in Rise of Skywalker. The mask he wears here is pristine. If he had this mask, why does he repair one in the events after this 'story'? Don't blame me for pointing out the mistakes Disney set up themselves by putting this between 2 movies. They are the ones who pigeon holed themselves. Calling out timeline inconsistencies is fair game.
you're right in that regard, i missed that he is wearing the non-repaired version. Would be a simple fix if they wanted to do it.

Hawg G

The video I posted without watching is a good watch. You get 45 mins of a variety of activities. Nowhere are you told how good or bad it is, it's just watch this and decide. In my opinion it looks very well done, much better than the way some have predicted. Not worth $5,000 of my money as I've said from day 1 as role play isn't my thing. However I can see a lot of fun to be had by those who enjoy this sort of thing. Again this video is watch and judge and to me it looks good on various levels.

Don’t give TPR views.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Think that's what they meant--while the CMs doing this are hard working, it's not exactly the artistic equivalent of a Broadway production. Comparing this to, say, Hamilton is ridiculous (and I don't even LIKE Hamilton).

Anyway, it looks like a bunch of fun (or fun-ish) regular old theme park activities stashed behind a $6k paywall. The food and singer is what was supposed to be the standalone restaurant, the finale is what was supposed to be the stage show, the lightsaber training is the old Jedi Academy. I guess the experience is having all those things strung together at once in a storyline?
No. The reviewer clearly says the acting is on par with broadway acting. He does not mince words. He said it and meant it and its laughable because there is video of the same actors he saw and...well I have seen elementary school plays with more believeable acting.

mergatroid

Don’t give TPR views.
Fine nobody is making you watch it. It does let you judge what you see with your eyes though, it's not a review as such. Some will watch and say it looks awful, some not so bad and some saying great. I thought that's how people wanted to see it and not rely on somebody telling them how good it was after not paying? I posted it minutes after it dropped without watching it so have not been selective with my posting. It's subjective and there's no obligation to watch.

Cesar R M

I'm so surprised anyone is justifying seeing the plain, concrete Starcruiser building as you drive up to the hotel on the basis that you should just imagine it's something else. That's not how themed design traditionally works! People aren't morons, their first thought will be "oh, that's where we're staying for the next 2 nights."

Didn't Disney just pay a lot of money upgrading the entry experience to all of their theme parks? It seems weird this is the one project where they feel it's not worth it. I'm beginning to feel more and more that @UNCgolf is right and Disney has more or less written off this project before it's even opened and thus cut as many corners as they could get away with to preemptively minimise their losses while still saying they gave it a shot.
Chapek be like: "LISTEN HERE YOU SIR.. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT.
WE DO NOT LONGER DO THESE EXPENSIVE THEMING.. THE MAGIC IS NOW YOU.. SO USE IT! "

Cesar R M

Looks like the lightsaber training involves CMs behind each person
Behind you say? Is this the start of the storyline where we repeat the conceiving of Kylo?

timcurrysmilelol.jpg

Hawg G

Fine nobody is making you watch it. It does let you judge what you see with your eyes though, it's not a review as such. Some will watch and say it looks awful, some not so bad and some saying great. I thought that's how people wanted to see it and not rely on somebody telling them how good it was after not paying? I posted it minutes after it dropped without watching it so have not been selective with my posting. It's subjective and there's no obligation to watch.

Gotta assume you’re a TPR shill.

kingdead

No. The reviewer clearly says the acting is on par with broadway acting. He does not mince words. He said it and meant it and its laughable because there is video of the same actors he saw and...well I have seen elementary school plays with more believeable acting.
Yeah, that's what I meant--the reviewer is out of his mind if he thinks that's Broadway level acting. I wouldn't expect that, anyway--the real test is whether it's good enough to make people feel like they didn't just pay thousands of dollars to see something that's under the standards of Beauty and the Beast or Indiana Jones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom