News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

jinx8402

The lightsaber swaparoo in this video is unfortunate. You would think they could choreograph it a bit more elegantly
Yeah, it definitely wasn't choreographed well in that moment. Perhaps it'll get better as they have more repetition with it. I think what would work better is if Kylo used the force to push her back/down allowing for a "story" reason why she goes down to one knee. Instead she is just randomly bending down for no apparent reason.

correcaminos

I mean, reading all these...kind of sounds like a success? But are these ones we aren't to believe?

Again, if they lower the price point a bit - this might be a big win for Disney.
I'm reading it as well done but not at that price point.

To be fair seeing the videos made me less excited. The live action games are video games or escape rooms. I'm okay with that.... to a point. It was far too predictable in what I saw (and I watched some long videos) as well.

I think it is still not at the level for the price they are asking. That's me though.

I'm going to make a comment as a life long star wars fan. Much like Batuu and RotR it is cool, but it misses a mark. We took a friend of ours who is into so much SW and while we thought our RotR was cool, no one had it as a favorite. When you love SW as long as some of is have sometimes the next door SW stuff like this (as in not really part of the full fandom) you think it's cool but not enough.

I'm back to my original idea. Let me spend half a day or so and I'd do it. I'd likely be happy to pay quite a lot too. To do this level all around I'd need out more. It's just not for my type of fan I think.

Disstevefan1

I mean, reading all these...kind of sounds like a success? But are these ones we aren't to believe?

Again, if they lower the price point a bit - this might be a big win for Disney.
The paid influencers cannot be trusted, Disney carefully instructs them what/how/when to post. Totally controlled.
We will get a "better" indication from folks who actually paid for the experience.
I say "better" because folks generally don't want to say they wasted 6K, they will temper their remarks.

I totally agree with you, this experience looks really good, it's the price point I have a problem with.
If they priced it at the same nightly rate as the WDW Deluxe resorts (as folks are used to that kind of money), they would be booked 12 months in advance.

Tha Realest

"This is definitely among the quickest way to spend a lot of money while at Disney World, but when weighed against a $900 a night room at the Grand Floridian plus the cost of park tickets, it’s arguably a better value for the experience you receive in return. You know, relatively. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that left me with some truly magical memories, but I also didn’t have to foot the bill for it. If you’re going to visit Galactic Starcruiser, my best piece of advice is to have Disney pay for everything."

"We go inside Disney World's Galactic Starcruiser Hotel, to see if it's really worth the high price to LARP in a galaxy, far, far away."

I was reliably informed this wasn't a LARP

celluloid

I don't know, outside of the price it seems as if people really did have fun. From reading here, I expected the entirety of the voyage to be trashed.

Price is easy to fix - reworking an entire idea not so easy.

They can lower the price (which would still be higher than any deluxe stay) and more people will book.

I imagine that is the goal. Promotions and lower the price point when things are not booking to liking.

It is always easier to slowly lower and find their happy balance. (as well as typically declining by some degrees)

dreday3

The paid influencers cannot be trusted, Disney carefully instructs them what/how/when to post. Totally controlled.
We will get a "better" indication from folks who actually paid for the experience.
I say "better" because folks generally don't want to say they wasted 6K, they will temper their remarks.

I totally agree with you, this experience looks really good, it's the price point I have a problem with.
If they priced it at the same nightly rate as the WDW Deluxe resorts (as folks are used to that kind of money), they would be booked 12 months in advance.

Yes, I thought above a deluxe, but forgetting how much deluxe hotels cost! Price at deluxe price points = success.

SplashJacket

Here is a link to that video

My god. That finale. Just…holy crap.
IT’S CRAP. Un-freeking-believable. I’m lying in bed at 4:30 am Pacific time and I can’t sleep because I’m astonished that Disney had the absolute BALLS to present hot garbage…like the HOTTEST of garbage...for which you get to pay $6k to experience.

Those screens are too way too tiny for it to be "immersive". My favorite part was the poor unenthused cast member doing crowd control holding the people back and the mildly entertained guest behind them.

Also...those fireworks?! C'mon.

This can't be real. I'm hoping this is a psyche video to make everybody THINK this is the finale....
The duality of man. I thought the finale looked awesome

corran horn

The problem is this is another way of saying you won't really believe anybody who says they enjoyed it. Which is fine, I guess. Don't go.

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

It’s a a simple hotel experience geared for families with 5-10 year old kids…

….after finishing their VIP Disney tour.

They first get picked up at Wilderness Lodge cabinsView attachment 622758
View attachment 622779

Family tours the park, bypassing all the lines, and riding everything as many times as they want.View attachment 622759Tour guide will drop them off right at the door after their day at park. The kids will love it!
vipmain.jpg

Parents then hang out at the Star Wars bar and talk about how amazing the VIP Experience was and how cool Wilderness Lodge Cabins are…View attachment 622755
The kids play with lightsabers in the kids club room giving the parents a much needed alcohol break after feeling awesome all day at the park. View attachment 622756
To cap the night off, families can point down from the heavens…View attachment 622761… at all the suckers still waiting in line for Peter Pan.
View attachment 622760
Fun day at Disney.

Going back to original post. This is a high-end Vegas style Chuck E. Cheese Show/Dinner/hotel offering for wealthy families with children between the ages of 5-10.
Not saying that is a bad thing but this is not an experience designed for singles ages 21-35.
This is for the families with little ones.

If $6000.00 is a drop in the bucket for you after a 5 day stay at Disney with the little Star Wars fans then go for it.
Go into it with those expectations and you will be fine.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
While the word itself is not used in this official link from Disney’s website (below), the language used, including words such as “elegance,” “well appointed,” and “legendary comfort and style,” does connote the promise of a luxurious experience. We can argue semantics but the promotion and price point of the experience are fairly clear in terms of setting expectations.

Read the entire page and form your own opinion by all means. Perhaps someone might interpret the language differently and that’s totally cool with me.

Two excerpts:

“During your journey, you will sleep aboard a ship known throughout the galaxy for its glamour and style—crewed by the incomparable interplanetary travel group, Chandrila Star Line.

Chandrila Star Line is renowned throughout the galaxy for its fleet of comfortable and stylish starcruisers, top-tier service, delicious cuisine and exotic destinations—from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim and beyond.”

“The Halcyon starcruiser is the jewel of the Chandrila Star Line. Onboard the 100-cabin Corellian MPO-1400 model starcruiser, you’ll voyage to the far reaches of the galaxy in legendary comfort and style.”

The verbal gymnastics they do to not use specific words is astounding. In my mind, if someone reads that and it doesn't convey "luxury", well, then there's a whole lot of intellectual dishonesty going on, or willful ignorance.

OceanBlue

Was just about to post the same thing. I feel like this is as sad a commentary about the current state of Disney parks as there could be.
Why? Because influencers get to hype a product gratis? It's been the same way in the fashion world and Hollywood forever to get free promotional stuff and ad revenue. The more disappointing part for me was this guy bragging he makes good money with a Disney focused page and that he thinks it's fair game to hype $8 cupcakes. It's a sense of entitlement that his hustle is fine and doesn't hurt the "middle class family that can't afford Disney". I'd argue that family is never booking GS and actually believes his cupcake posts and buys the cupcakes they didn't budget for because of it.

zombiebbq

Everyone's reviews are going to love it of course as they haven't paid for it. I'll keep waiting for the real reviews
Exactly. To be honest the more I see the more I both cringe at the entire experience (that's fine, LARPing isn't for me) and the exorbitant price. But, to each their own and I hope that people who do go have fun. I can't even find a reason to spend the money to go to Disney at all these days, so maybe I'm out of touch on what people are willing to pay.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Going back to original post. This is a high-end Vegas style Chuck E. Cheese offering for wealthy families with children between the ages of 5-10. Go into it with those expectations and you will be fine.

“You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.” -Walt Disney

Not that this is their aim here, but some things they've done make you wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom