News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Figments Friend

I've heard some things in various places that there's a lot of "mess" in the background for this project, lots of budget cuts, training issues, etc.

I need to buy some fresh popcorn

You have two weeks to stock up on snacks.
I've already started shopping, and have plenty or popcorn and beverages.
;)
We are gonna need em'.....this is going to be quite a epic time.
Hold onto your blasters...it's coming!

( have some popcorn on me!)

🍿🍿🍿

-

TP2000

...They just put plain drywall in the elevator lobby. I just don’t understand what went wrong with this project.

His name is Bob Chapek. He's not just cheap, he is truly clueless on theme park operations and basic showmanship.

Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Dedication-Bob-Chapek-WDW-009.jpg

CaptinEO

Yes, this is an imagineer talking but notice how much screen time she gets? It's her voice through the whole thing but with appropriate music under it and Every. Single. Shot. after she's introduced is some element of the land/attraction that she's in the middle of describing.

This is how they used to do all of this stuff when someone like Joe (or Tony or a very small number of others) was not the lead of the project.

Why they couldn't do that with quick short cuts of tracking and panning shots of the dining area, check in area, the more expensive rooms, etc., I don't get.

Even if none of it is that special, appropriate lighting can hide all that and if they're really concerned that letting people get real action glimpses of the physical location is giving too much away, it tells you how much faith they have in the experience they plan to create there.

I don't think that last thing is really the case but I can't think of any good reason for why they're being so dodgy about it all unless this close to "launch" they're still having trouble figuring out exactly what it is.
You did a great job of describing how well these videos are and used to be done.

It really is a great advertisement and thos is what I uses to remember.

Disney now feels like being a little kid and having your mom's friends talk down to you because they think it's all you understand.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Again, that's not what my point was.

Then your beef is how your point was cited... because Moonraker claimed the project to be cheap because "an easy write off down the line compared to a fully constructed resort." as if the choice of a smaller scale experience was done out of cheapness vs other reasons. And it's done cheap to avoid being a stain on the company if it fails.

Or.. it like the other concepts done before were intentionally aimed at making small exclusive experiences.... which you don't do at industrial scale.

TP2000

Then your beef is how your point was cited... because Moonraker claimed the project to be cheap because "an easy write off down the line compared to a fully constructed resort." as if the choice of a smaller scale experience was done out of cheapness vs other reasons. And it's done cheap to avoid being a stain on the company if it fails.

Or.. it like the other concepts done before were intentionally aimed at making small exclusive experiences.... which you don't do at industrial scale.

I'll just let my own words speak for me, not the words of others. I think I've been pretty clear on my opinion on this unfolding mess. But the fact it's a small hotel in a warehouse with only 100 rooms is not one of my criticisms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom