News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

pdude81

I doubt the restaurant has the capacity to accommodate starcruiser passengers and extra dining guests.

I already suggested reducing number of cruises to 2 a week and offering dinner packages with an overnight stay and breakfast might make be doable
This is a good point. The dining room is not that big as they split the 100 rooms into two dinner parties.

ImperfectPixie

Great idea about in universe advertising. This makes way more sense.

It'd still be a made up place that isn't even part of the also made up Star Wars films, but at least it'd be committed to its idea of immersion.

It's like imagineering thinks trailers for their products need to just be videos of them talking about how amazing and creative they are.

How is this supposed to attract an audience or bring excitement?

Now look at this advertisement. There's action, movement, fog, explosions, music. This makes me want to go to Disneyland, this also represents what people like about Star Wars.

Yup. This is why I said the marketing needs to make us want to actually participate...so far, it really hasn't.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Great idea about in universe advertising. This makes way more sense.

It'd still be a made up place that isn't even part of the also made up Star Wars films, but at least it'd be committed to its idea of immersion.

It's like imagineering thinks trailers for their products need to just be videos of them talking about how amazing and creative they are.

How is this supposed to attract an audience or bring excitement?

Now look at this advertisement. There's action, movement, fog, explosions, music. This makes me want to go to Disneyland, this also represents what people like about Star Wars.

Excellent point. Imagineering has become just a corporate PR tool. They really have lost their way.

It’s probably Disney + to blame…as there are dozens of pieces where they say “this is great cause we say so…” instead of a more humble approach where they let it stand on its merits.

Smoke screens…in essence.

CaptinEO

Excellent point. Imagineering has become just a corporate PR tool. They really have lost their way.

It’s probably Disney + to blame…as there are dozens of pieces where they say “this is great cause we say so…” instead of a more humble approach where they let it stand on its merits.

Smoke screens…in essence.
I mean I think part of it came from the mythos and genuine respect around imagineering that USED to exist.

The more transparent they are the less mysterious they are. Also the more bad products they make the less respected they are.

At some point imagineering realized people loved imagineering and decided to make all their public facing advertisements for upcoming rides and attractions about how amazing they are and how they are the greatest story tellers of all time (even though they only retell stories that were already done in movies).

I'd argue 10 years ago people had genuine respect for imagineering and were wowed by what they did. Now they are a joke that only make self serving content.

Maybe the next ride WDI makes will be a tribute to themselves all about how cool they are and how they are the best people ever.

For comparison here's a video with Imagineering from 10 years ago about Cars Land. Its to the point and doesnt have fake awkward conversations or anything self serving.

Last edited:

Morkey Moose

Quite literally just received an e-mail from Disney about my upcoming trip. At least these photos are objectionably better than the constant reuse of old concept art.

Attachments

• 9CC6B1A5-A92F-46E0-AA90-10803597DD3B.jpeg
    9CC6B1A5-A92F-46E0-AA90-10803597DD3B.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 254
  • E3B5383B-95DC-4892-88F0-A50C849B0F5F.jpeg
    E3B5383B-95DC-4892-88F0-A50C849B0F5F.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 5C95CCEE-D1F8-4385-A6FC-37D054B30A55.jpeg
    5C95CCEE-D1F8-4385-A6FC-37D054B30A55.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 246E6E9E-B4D8-4C08-A1C6-DFE8BB490750.jpeg
    246E6E9E-B4D8-4C08-A1C6-DFE8BB490750.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 203
  • B1A8F55B-34D5-49AE-B845-29BF0E1025CB.jpeg
    B1A8F55B-34D5-49AE-B845-29BF0E1025CB.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 8CDCEBAA-10D1-49CB-BDD2-D982B2610157.jpeg
    8CDCEBAA-10D1-49CB-BDD2-D982B2610157.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 259

matt9112

A pool would not fit the storyline. Many steps have been taken to keep the “ in space theme “ tangible. Which is why there are no windows to see outdoors.

Yeah i mean it's totally improbable that after figuring out how to build galaxy spanning cruise liners humanity just gave up on enjoying pools and hot tubs and other water based amenities that have exsisited for thousands of years. A pool doesn't exsist because it would be an amazing headache for the pre planned mandatory fun periods. There is no down time hence no need to swim. You get to act 5 instead.

matt9112

True. The hilarity of it is the people complaining about vloggers or other people that have early access. So people who have actually experienced the hotel are less reliable sources of information/insight on the hotel than the keyboard warriors who blab on about inflation and pricing…all while sitting in their basement with no personal knowledge or connection to the hotel.

Its more along the lines of wait a few weeks for normies that have to pay to share there thoughts.
It is an awful idea to plop down this amount of money without any real idea of what to expect.

All the keyboard warriors wouldnt be able to conjure up such notions if Disney...you know was transparent and or clear about this experience to any capacity.

But i mean nice try? Your narrative works i guess?

TikibirdLand

Serious question: Who cares if it looks like a warehouse from a weird drone angle that almost no one will ever see in person?
No one. I think that poster was discredited a while back.

If they built a pool half the users in this thread would be ripping Disney to shreds for ruining the immersion element. C'mon guys.
That's a running joke. Didn't know anyone took that seriously...

CaptinEO

If they built a pool half the users in this thread would be ripping Disney to shreds for ruining the immersion element. C'mon guys.
99% of people don't want immersion, they want fun or relaxation. My vacations and decisions to return aren't based on how immersed I was.

When GE was announced to be stuck in an Episode 8 timeline I complained how pointless it was. A member of this board claimed Star Wars fans would be "screaming at the land in anger" if characters from different timelines were walking around.

They are wrong and no one who visits a themepark cares about immersion or story cannon.

JMcMahonEsq

Its more along the lines of wait a few weeks for normies that have to pay to share there thoughts.
It is an awful idea to plop down this amount of money without any real idea of what to expect.

All the keyboard warriors wouldnt be able to conjure up such notions if Disney...you know was transparent and or clear about this experience to any capacity.

But i mean nice try? Your narrative works i guess?
Disney owes absolutely nothing to you, your kids, your dog, or anyone else other than it’s shareholders. Disney has been clear enough about what the experience is going to be. Clear enough that it looks cool enough that we incorporated 2 extra days into an upcoming trip to try it.

Still the people who have actually experienced the offering will know more than the fools who comment about it with no personal knowledge of it. The same as the fools who comment on price increases and demographic projections and think they can do so with 1/1000th of the information that Disney’s business development and marketing teams have.

I don’t care if the people telling me about the experience paid full price, half price, or gor it for free. The “value” that they place on the experience is completely subjective and irrelevant to me. The what is the thing, not the how much.

matt9112

wheel
Disney owes absolutely nothing to you, your kids, your dog, or anyone else other than it’s shareholders. Disney has been clear enough about what the experience is going to be. Clear enough that it looks cool enough that we incorporated 2 extra days into an upcoming trip to try it.

Still the people who have actually experienced the offering will know more than the fools who comment about it with no personal knowledge of it. The same as the fools who comment on price increases and demographic projections and think they can do so with 1/1000th of the information that Disney’s business development and marketing teams have.

I don’t care if the people telling me about the experience paid full price, half price, or gor it for free. The “value” that they place on the experience is completely subjective and irrelevant to me. The what is the thing, not the how much.

I dont have a dog. I mean theres nothing like a fool and his money. Cheers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom