News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When talking about pricing and things like the SW hotel and Superbowls, market value goes out the window and you get "Passion Pricing". Which is ridiculous prices that the average Joe will balk at, but to some will be totally worth it they love what ever it is, and they have the expendable income to indulge their passion.
There is zero logical comparison between a murder mystery Hotel that supposed to run 365 days a year for the next 50 years and a single, one time only event with variables.

and since this came up (laughably)…the super bowl tickets are 85% corporate and sponsor tickets…the nfl is somewhere approaching an trillion dollar annual operation…it’s about money at their showcase event.

the ceo of Lockheed Martin doesn’t WANT $71 seats.

…i needed the laugh this morning…at least👍🏻

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All of you complaining about the $6,000+ price tag - I assume you are not going to the Superbowl either?
Lots of other people are and will pay these prices for 3 hours.
  • No Food included
  • No rooms included
  • No transportation included

View attachment 618484
Even I'm not on board to justify the price of the starcruise.

Tho, that doesn't mean I trip over myself to tear it down without knowing exactly how it's actually structured. Those grapes may or may not be sour.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

There is zero logical comparison between a murder mystery Hotel that supposed to run 365 days a year for the next 50 years and a single, one time only event with variables.

and since this came up (laughably)…the super bowl tickets are 85% corporate and sponsor tickets…the nfl is somewhere approaching an trillion dollar annual operation…it’s about money at their showcase event.

the ceo of Lockheed Martin doesn’t WANT $71 seats.

…i needed the laugh this morning…at least👍🏻
Pretty sure the CEO of Lockheed Martin is not buying Superbowl tickets on Cheapseats.com

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pretty sure the CEO of Lockheed Martin is not buying Superbowl tickets on Cheapseats.com
No…His corporate expenses account is buying them for he and the Senator as a write-off

you can scalp super bowl tickets…i have a relative that works in the league office.

but it’s not like some guy named “Joe” got in the virtual queue and bought them off ticket master for $225 🙄

techgeek

Tho, that doesn't mean I trip over myself to tear it down without knowing exactly how it's actually structured. Those grape may or may not be sour.

I’m struggling to think of a Disney project in which lackluster pre-production, marketing materials, and insider vibe failed to give a relatively accurate impression of something that turned out to be an exceptionally good finished experience.

When the concept art looks like a spinner in Adventureland, the ride itself turned out to be - surprise! - a spinner in Adventureland.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Tho, that doesn't mean I trip over myself to tear it down without knowing exactly how it's actually structured. Those grape may or may not be sour.
I think this is fair…and though I struggle with it (and fail…)my comments try to stay to what we know and the environment this is built in. I’m just as interested on how or if they pull this together as anyone?

not so much about the trucks 🤪

MrPromey

…somebody else want to take this one?
After seeing people stumble out, sooner or later with this kind of argument for - how long have I been here?.. over 20 years? When people get to this point where they try to compare Disney to a sporting event, I wonder, do they realize they've run out of anything to cohesively argue with in their favor or are they like "ah-ha - can't believe I didn't think of this before! I've got 'em with this one!"? 🙄

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After seeing people stumble out, sooner or later with this kind of argument for - how long have I been here?.. over 20 years? When people get to this point where they try to compare Disney to a sporting event, do they realize they've run out of anything to cohesively argue with in their favor or are they like "ah-ha - can't believe I didn't think of this before! I've got 'em with this one!"? 🙄
It would never have be a fight at all if people could agree on something like “wow…that’s expensive, but maybe it will be really good? Let’s judge it AFTER we see it.”

but we never get that…it’s just insults, diversionary tactics and back to your trench lines.

GimpYancIent

All of you complaining about the $6,000+ price tag - I assume you are not going to the Superbowl either?
Lots of other people are and will pay these prices for 3 hours.
  • No Food included
  • No rooms included
  • No transportation included

View attachment 618484
Super Bowl, The World Series, The Olympics (summer / winter) all are real world and very limited time events. The evolution / process to the occurrence of the events is also real world for both the participants and the fans. The Star Wars Star Cruiser experience is intended to be continuous, long term, imaginary / fictitious role play (not real world) multi day entertainment. These things are not in the same ballpark, hell, they are not in the same galaxy.

natatomic

What HWE really is, deep down to its core, is a cash grab to pull money out of Potter fans to make them pay the extra for a hopper ticket, because, that's the only way you can 'ride' it.
To be fair, it’s not the HWE that makes them buy the park hopper ticket. It’s the fact that there are two separate Harry Potter lands in two different parks. Sure, if they don’t buy a park hopper, they can’t ride the HWE, but even if the train didn’t exist, guests could still only enjoy one HP section without a park hopper. Putting the lands in two different parks, IMO, is the “money grab.” But…it also could have been a wise attempt at crowd control.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m struggling to think of a Disney project in which lackluster pre-production, marketing materials, and insider vibe failed to give a relatively accurate impression of something that turned out to be an exceptionally good finished experience.

When the concept art looks like a spinner in Adventureland, the ride itself turned out to be - surprise! - a spinner in Adventureland.
I don’t - contrary to appearances - want this to fail..

but…yeah…I can’t shake this feeling either

(if you’re curious why I don’t want it to fail? Cause they’ll take it out on all of us…Every product on every day. Spare no hostages)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To be fair, it’s not the HWE that makes them buy the park hopper ticket. It’s the fact that there are two separate Harry Potter lands in two different parks. Sure, if they don’t buy a park hopper, they can’t ride the HWE, but even if the train didn’t exist, guests could still only enjoy one HP section without a park hopper. Putting the lands in two different parks, IMO, is the “money grab.” But…it also could have been a wise attempt at crowd control.
If it weren't for HWE, people could buy a two day ticket and do each potter land, one on one day, and the other on the next.

Sure, having two Potter lands in two parks incentivizes getting a hopper. But requiring a hopper for one of the 'rides' is pretty gougey.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When Comcast took over the parks…they had two that weren’t entirely built out and were Alresdy stale/showing their age. It didn’t make sense not to do it this way. I think their better plan might have been to flip the two

GimpYancIent

It would never have be a fight at all if people could agree on something like “wow…that’s expensive, but maybe it will be really good? Let’s judge it AFTER we see it.”

but we never get that…it’s just insults, diversionary tactics and back to your trench lines.
Yes! You are correct! Bottom line up front! The Walt Disney World Star Cruiser Experience is EXPENSIVE! The multimillion-dollar question of is it worth it will be answered after it becomes fully operational and the first couple of cycles of paying guests experience it.

Incomudro

Super Bowl, The World Series, The Olympics (summer / winter) all are real world and very limited time events. The evolution / process to the occurrence of the events is also real world for both the participants and the fans. The Star Wars Star Cruiser experience is intended to be continuous, long term, imaginary / fictitious role play (not real world) multi day entertainment. These things are not in the same ballpark, hell, they are not in the same galaxy.
To be fair, the GSG is a limited item as well.
It's kind of an exclusive thing.
The Super Bowl is after all - just another football game if you look at it logically.

JoeCamel

Some of the draw is Potter but you get two complete parks with very cool/convenient transport between them. Before the express it was only a 15 minute walk at most between them and they sold plenty of hoppers but with the option to switch on the train or walk out front it really is like two parks for less than two one day tickets and is a better value proposition to many more people. . I would never think of going without some type of hopper, after the first few times on the train it is just a way to get from one place to the other and isn't that interesting to hear/experience over and over. It serves more than one purpose and was as inspired as bringing butter beer to the streets. Cash grab with value

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom