News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm surprised there aren't more blackout dates sprinkled throughout the year to give themselves a chance to refurb any of the common areas that are worn-down or broken or too grimy for the night janitors to clean.

Tony the Tigger

Wait…what?

You feeling ok? 🤪
I am consistently objective. I just don’t buy into the “group-doom & gloom” mindset around here.

My thoughts on “generic space Star Wars” have been well-documented here since they were building it. Give me Dagobah. Give me Hoth.

They should just make this the Star Wars hotel with regular bookings and a guaranteed spot on Rise with a ride over.

UNCgolf

They should just make this the Star Wars hotel with regular bookings and a guaranteed spot on Rise with a ride over.

I'm not sure if that's feasible -- it's not designed to operate like a standard resort. Even ignoring the small number of rooms that could cause profitability/pricing issues, it's lacking most of the other amenities people associate with a hotel.

They'd probably need to do some major renovations to operate it that way.

Drdcm

I am consistently objective. I just don’t buy into the “group-doom & gloom” mindset around here.

My thoughts on “generic space Star Wars” have been well-documented here since they were building it. Give me Dagobah. Give me Hoth.

It would at least be themed well - I think? I can’t afford this so haven’t been inside

mf1972

i don’t recall how large the property is where the resort is located, but if they decide to scrap this, i say tear it down & rebuild it similar to AOA with family suites & value rooms. make it more affordable for families. then you’ll see bookings. just my 2cents

Jrb1979

i don’t recall how large the property is where the resort is located, but if they decide to scrap this, i say tear it down & rebuild it similar to AOA with family suites & value rooms. make it more affordable for families. then you’ll see bookings. just my 2cents
How about tear it down and expand DHS. They don't need more rooms. They have issues filling them now.

Vegas Disney Fan

I wonder what the break even point on this is, 100 rooms at $5,000 a room is a $500k for every 3 day “cruise”, seems they could drop to 1 cruise a week and still be profitable, or drop to a couple thousand a room and probably sell out 2 cruises a week.

It was an interesting concept, I just don’t think the fan base for a $5k adventure was large enough to support it. At $2500 it probably adds millions of potential guests, it may not be profitable at that price point though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder what the break even point on this is, 100 rooms at $5,000 a room is a $500k for every 3 day “cruise”, seems they could drop to 1 cruise a week and still be profitable, or drop to a couple thousand a room and probably sell out 2 cruises a week.
As a 2-night cruise, there are 180 cruises a year.

At $5k per room, with 100 rooms and fully booked (not counting the super expensive suites), that's $90 million per year.

Even half filled, that $45 million per year.

Andrew M

I just don't understand it. Even just bringing it down to $2,000 for a family of 4 and I think alot more people would be on board. Yes it's still expensive, but I think it atleast drops it down to the level of semi affordable, especially for a once in a life time experience.

My kids are obsessed with Rey & the new movies, they would absolutely love this, there's just no way I can justify dropping $5k+ on a day and a half worth of entertainment.

Vipor51

So I went on the cruiser last year in May. Honestly, it was one of the most incredible experiences I have had. Food and immersion was incredible. Yes I agree that the cost is incredibly high but just in my opinion the memories for my kids and I were priceless.

The tough part for me is that if the price was a bit lower I agree that bookings would be much easier to come by, and even worse I would love to see more experiences like this. The main issue is the business model seems to be hard to justify.

I also agree with folks here that the target audience was very narrow from the beginning. Not only was the cost extremely high but you needed to have some form of knowledge on Star Wars. Furthermore I also would suggest anyone booking shouldn't take their kids under the age of 7. It's just not for them.

Sad to see that this isn't working but pretty easy to see why it isn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom