News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

pdude81

Again, what time is dinner and the finale? This is why I ask.

I don't think there are major story conclusion at 9-10pm are there? It actually all seems over by 8pm or before from what I have heard. The virtual fireworks have gone off by that point.

Guests could miss story beats within the hotel itself, so a guest maybe complaining they missed something it is not really an excuse for the non major planned events.

That is by definition, show over courtesy of the choice, and that is fine if you see why they did it. But it is what it is.
There are two dinner times, I believe 5:30 and 8pm, and the finale happens at 9:30 or 10. Much of this is out there in reviews, plus the sample itinerary. Character encounters really start going at 4pm on both days, which is where the majority of your onboard story and missions take place. By telling people the last shuttle is at 4, you let them know clearly that you don't have more Batuu things to do beyond then, and you've already given them tickets to everything they'd want to do there.

This is kind of like how they tell people for runDisney races that you have to pick up your bib the day before, because if you allowed race morning pickup there'd be a bunch of people show up at the last second and blaming Disney for missing the start

mmascari

Plus, being a guest of the Halcyon only gives you two Lightning Lanes. Who wants to waste that cruiseline cost waiting an hour on some other ride's line?
Being a Halcyon guest gave you the park admission ticket too right?

Does it even show up as an independent ticket? With all the support that comes from having a ticket.

For instance, I assume you don't have to make a park reservation for DHS on the middle day of your cruise. Probably cannot add Park Hopper or Water Park options to it either. So, is it even a real park ticket or just that you can arrive via Halcyon transport. Could you even get in the front gate without some guest relations hassle?

I mean, I'm sure they don't stop you from doing other stuff in DHS. It's not like there is a ticket gate between lands and nothing inside the park validates your park ticket at that point. But, if you walk out the front gate, what kind of hassle is it to walk back in?

_caleb

Why are my and other people's points weird and fixated? That seems rude to state. I was just pointing out something easily offered as an alternative to just "its over, have some alcohol, snack and go to bed." with about the same vigor as anything on here.
It might be helpful for you to think of the whole experience as a game, like the realty TV show Survivor. The story runs the entirety of the 2 day long game. On Survivor, the game is to survive. It can be played in any number of ways, but it involves making alliances, selectively sharing information, selling people out, etc.

So it is on the Starcruiser. From the time a guest checks in to the time they leave, these are the sorts of "missions" for guests to do. These are organized for them on the datapad, but they include things like "get information," "locate the spy," "convince someone to do a thing, etc." In some cases, the missions are physical activities, like solving a puzzle or delivering an item to someone.

Throughout the game, there are activities–presented as cruise activities on the guests "cruise itinerary"–like "dance lessons," or "Captain meet and greet," or "muster." While some guests may find these to be fun, they're an excuse for guests to interact with the actors and with one another in order to accomplish different side missions of the game.

Also throughout the game, there are show scenes–like cutscenes in a video game–that move the story forward. These are the big "scenes" where Rey duels with Kylo Ren, or where Yoda appears through a hologram projection. These are really important to the experience, because they're the big "show" part of the Starcruiser.

Some of these activities take place on the Halcyon. Some take place on Batuu. So when Starcruiser guests go to DHS, they're still playing the game. But once they complete the missions that take place on Batuu, they want to get back to the the ship so they can continue doing the side missions that are only playable on the Halcyon.

So there is no "it's over, have some alcohol, snack, and go to bed." There are always missions to do problems to solve, etc.–more than a guest could possibly do during their 2-day stay.

sedati

I get moving this out of the rumors board but maybe all completed projects need to go into a “Goalposts Tracker” for a few months after.

mergatroid

Apparently there are protocols place to deal with this in the event that it should happen.
Of course there is. Any attraction or show is the same and just as risky.

"What happens if somebody swears when the Citizens of Hollywood do a skit with the guests ruining it"?
"What happens if somebody decides Minnie needs her mouse feeders fondling"?
"What if somebody shouts 'White power'during a showing of The Hall Of Presidents"?
"What if somebody decides to urinate on a doll on IASW whilst waving at passing guests"?
"What if somebody thinks that spitting on people from the TTA is fun"?
"What if somebody jumps up on stage and moons Elsa during the castle show shouting freeze this image in your mind baby"?

It seems really strange that we get all these 'what if' questions about the 'Starcruise' only, as though it's some flaw in Disney's thinking behind their planning of this 'experience' and that this it's somehow super vulnerable compared to everything else. I'm sure there's camera's hidden everywhere and more of a desire to charge anyone who decides to try to ruin other's experience. And if they try to do it within the boundaries of the law by just spoiling the show with stupid remarks I imagine the protocol would be a 'quiet word' first, followed by a quick exit if it continues.

_caleb

Of course there is. Any attraction or show is the same and just as risky.

"What happens if somebody swears when the Citizens of Hollywood do a skit with the guests ruining it"?
"What happens if somebody decides Minnie needs her mouse feeders fondling"?
"What if somebody shouts 'White power'during a showing of The Hall Of Presidents"?
"What if somebody decides to urinate on a doll on IASW whilst waving at passing guests"?
"What if somebody thinks that spitting on people from the TTA is fun"?
"What if somebody jumps up on stage and moons Elsa during the castle show shouting freeze this image in your mind baby"?

It seems really strange that we get all these 'what if' questions about the 'Starcruise' only, as though it's some flaw in Disney's thinking behind their planning of this 'experience' and that this it's somehow super vulnerable compared to everything else. I'm sure there's camera's hidden everywhere and more of a desire to charge anyone who decides to try to ruin other's experience. And if they try to do it within the boundaries of the law by just spoiling the show with stupid remarks I imagine the protocol would be a 'quiet word' first, followed by a quick exit if it continues.
I think it's okay that people are asking questions. The concept IS fuzzy, and Disney has done a horrible job at explaining it. A lot of the questions are really just people trying to figure out what the Starcruiser really is, and because it's something new/different, they don't know how to evaluate it.

But yeah, some of the questions don't seem to be asked in good faith.

mergatroid

Yes, that evening time frame has the finalé happening.

The 4 PM deadline is make sure guests don't miss dinner and then the finalé.
And if the starcruiser had shuttles all hours, all days then all the 'what if' people would say "Well by having shuttles all day, Disney are encouraging folk to miss the big story points and people will blame Disney if Disney have shuttles listed all day for that won't they"?

Last edited:

mergatroid

They were making fun of the experience not the person doing them. Calling a experience or activity as childish is fine.
There was a poster on here the other day banging on about how he can't wait for videos to start appearing where 'normal guests' start mocking any Starcruiser guests in costume in GE and that it showed that costumed people had 'sad lives'. I said to him he came across as rather sad to try to put others down for enjoying something he didn't. He accused me of 'virtual signalling' and doubled down saying those people deserve all the abuse they get and that I knew it.

durangojim

Ok super nerdy question that was brought up on a YouTube channel I saw. If Galaxy’s Edge and the Halcyon take place between episode 8&9 why does Kylo have his helmet when he didn’t get it repaired until episode 9.

Less nerdy question, I’d love to know if for those who experienced this so far, did they feel this would have been just as compelling if it was a generic space theme with the same type of characters or did the Star Wars aspect of it really contribute a lot to it? Maybe Hank, I mean @lentesta could weigh in.

WDWJoeG

There was a poster on here the other day banging on about how he can't wait for videos to start appearing where 'normal guests' start mocking any Starcruiser guests in costume in GE and that it showed that costumed people had 'sad lives'. I said to him he came across as rather sad to try to put others down for enjoying something he didn't. He accused me of 'virtual signalling' and doubled down saying those people deserve all the abuse they get and that I knew it.
They are and they do. Unfortunately, so far the videos have been less amusing and really just kind of sad on so many levels. Can't even be amused by it, just feel a little embarrassed for them frankly.

And so far I'm not seeing a lot of costumed, deep role playing while they are on Batuu mixed in with the other park guests so that fun apparently isn't happening either.

kingdead

They are and they do. Unfortunately, so far the videos have been less amusing and really just kind of sad on so many levels. Can't even be amused by it, just feel a little embarrassed for them frankly.

And so far I'm not seeing a lot of costumed, deep role playing while they are on Batuu mixed in with the other park guests so that fun apparently isn't happening either.
I doubt that anyone who pays to go to Star Wars Land is going to make fun of someone dressed up like they're in Star Wars. The people on the outside probably enjoy them more than the people in the hotel (where they might get in the way of the "real" characters).

flynnibus

Premium Member
People really think Disney is looking for repeat customers with this offering? I don't think that's the case

You'd think that about Cruises to the same spots... or people visiting the same theme park that hasn't updated in years... yet Disney people do it... a lot.

I don't think it's their priority, but I imagine they expect there will be the types that will repeat, and they want enough variety in the system to keep both diversity in the experiences people have, and for some variety on repeats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom