News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sir_Cliff

You know, that's something that's been dawning on me lately; the lack of humor here. And realizing that Gaya could have been a witty and charming character to provide humor to the onboard story arcs is just part of that.

These Imagineers and people working on this project take themselves so seriously. They really do think they are doing very important work that will keep families together and form permanent bonds that could never happen if the family just went camping at a lake in Ohio. And they seem to be very earnest and serious about it all.

None of them seem to be having much fun. None of them ever laughs, or says something funny, even though their dialogue is all pre-scripted and professionally curated. They are very serious about their very important work that they are very proud of. :rolleyes:

It's kind of a downer to watch these self-congratulatory WDI videos. It's a freakin' theme park, not a cancer ward!
Yes, it is interesting to think back to all those all programs when Walt was around when the new attractions would be presented in a light-hearted and fun manner. The emphasis on immersion really seems to have overtaken the notion that they're supposed to be first and foremost giving people an enjoyable experience.

If that's the case, it's an oddly specific, and very cynical way for Disney to think of their potential audience for this.
Maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age! Still, the more I think about those images of parents and kids having fun together on the Starcruiser and think about who they're pitching this at, the idea of the cash-rich and time-poor parents seems like a sweet spot. They'll probably also spring for merchandise. Nothing here looks like it has been crafted for adult Star Wars fans, on the other hand.

donaldtoo

No I’m just saying it would have to be an indoor pool. Like on the ship. You haven’t seen this thing and it seems like you are trying to compare it to something you’ve experienced. It’s Not like anything anyone has experienced . You are engaged the whole time you are here. Imagine you were on the Enterprise (Star Trek) would a pool be appropriate? No it wouldn’t fit the story line, not to mention you would have to miss out on some adventure to hang out at the pool. The last thing I would be doing is going to the pool there are to many things to explore and do in the two days you have.

Has anyone here ever seen the spaceship pool from the 2016 film “Passengers”…?!

F49C42C2-1D08-4C5E-9C02-0385DB3DF83A.jpeg

LSLS

From the promo pictures, it looks like they're pitching it fairly heavily to young families. I could kind of see where there could be some market there made up of young professionals with lots of money but not much time to go on vacation with the family who might think this would be a nice treat for the kids. Whether there are enough of these people to fill the place on a regular basis, however, I don't know.

Problem is, what family with toddlers is signing up for rooms that are shower only?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Not sure if it’s allowed to post links to other sites but this has an interesting write up of “rumors”
Seems mostly like a summary of the last 50 pages of this thread, but that is, of course, helpful if you haven’t read all 50 pages.

TP2000

I think I've decided to go on this and sit outside guest services all day.

You know, if Josh Damaro was smart he would actually do that.

In 2003 Matt Ouimet was brought in to save Disneyland from it's near-extinction after the disastrous Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris years. One of the things Mr. Ouimet did that made him an instant hit with the CM's and gained him much fame online from fans was that he sat on a bench in the lobby of the City Hall guest services office and just listened to people complain and kvetch. Disneyland underwent a rennasaince no one could have seen coming during 2003-2006 under Matt Ouimet's guidance, and got put on a course to spend over a Billion to fix DCA shortly thereafter.

It's a smart leader who knows to go undercover and listen to the customers and the front line staff. It does not appear as though most current Disney park executives have that talent or ability to think of that. They think they're doing that by reading spreadsheets on customer comments, but they're failing if they only rely on that pablum.

jinx8402

You know, if Josh Damaro was smart he would actually do that.

In 2003 Matt Ouimet was brought in to save Disneyland from it's near-extinction after the disastrous Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris years. One of the things Mr. Ouimet did that made him an instant hit with the CM's and gained him much fame online from fans was that he sat on a bench in the lobby of the City Hall guest services office and just listened to people complain and kvetch. Disneyland underwent a rennasaince no one could have seen coming during 2003-2006 under Matt Ouimet's guidance, and got put on a course to spend over a Billion to fix DCA shortly thereafter.

It's a smart leader who knows to go undercover and listen to the customers and the front line staff. It does not appear as though most current Disney park executives have that talent or ability to think of that. They think they're doing that by reading spreadsheets on customer comments, but they're failing if they only rely on that pablum.
Someone say have the boss go under cover on a star wars ship? I know just the guy
kylo-ren-undercover-boss.0.1462601163.0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom